YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919729 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#601  December 29, 2014, 06:24:06 pm
    • USA
Street Fighter and good story mode never go together lol.
#602  December 29, 2014, 06:26:40 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bison has had his time, pretty much. Someone completely fresh would  best, I think; preferably with just as much personality. Seth was meh since he just copied a few moves and has a rather bland appearance.

Yeah, Seth was like a metallic-colored Urien with a ball for an intestine, and sans underpants.

If the rumors are true, and this game will focus on the final fall of Shadaloo, Bison should be the boss.

I hope he is, and that Capcom gives us a true story mode ending, with cool cinematics and such.

Yeah, I really hope that the Ryu and Bison clash that Rose predicted in SFA3 happens. But I won't be too optimistic concerning that. :-\
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:31:19 pm by Black Hatter
#603  December 29, 2014, 06:29:31 pm
  • SNK is life
#604  December 29, 2014, 06:41:35 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
#605  December 29, 2014, 06:42:28 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
SHin/Final M.Bison as the Main Boss and Gill/Urien as the Secret One
#606  December 29, 2014, 06:52:34 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Yeah, I really hope that the Ryu and Bison clash that Rose predicted in SFA3 happens.

Didn't this happen multiple times already?

nope, SF2 canonical winner was Guile but the fight was interrupted by akuma who killed bison's second body with SGS, and Ryu never met Bison in SFIV but he defeated one of seth's clones and wrecked the BLECE machine and fought ken again.

Zangief was The one who Defeated the true Seth and won the tournament, and Bison came in and destroyed seth's remnants later, thus he KO'ed Rose and fought Guy later, but he escaped later.
#607  December 29, 2014, 07:11:58 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Now I see why people say Street Fighter's story is shit
#608  December 29, 2014, 07:44:13 pm
nope, SF2 canonical winner was Guile but the fight was interrupted by akuma who killed bison's second body with SGS,

I don't think so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51U8uQFrQo

Is there official word that says who was the winner of Street Fighter IV ? I didn't knew that
#609  December 29, 2014, 07:49:34 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
#610  December 29, 2014, 07:54:45 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I doubt that because from some groups I have been hearing it was Ken maybe....Just saying since this is probably a rumor....Now If Bison is killed of for good canon wise then doubt anyone that good enough to replace him
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#611  December 29, 2014, 08:03:49 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
None of it even matters anyway since every SF series has its own canon. Literally each iteration has their own universe with every continuity solely based on the events of the first game.

So whatever outcome a sequel comes to, it's due to possibility and possibility alone. Gouken was back in SFIV whereas every other entry confirmed he was dead as dead could be. WHOOPS NEVER MIND.

And Charlie never had a confirmed death but it was always assumed and SFIV went with ambiguousness about it because there was no definitive word on it. Charlie's return could mean virtually anything we'd want to believe until confirmation.

Like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction I guess.
#612  December 29, 2014, 08:07:12 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#613  December 29, 2014, 08:11:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If anything I'd say Abel won since he was the new "hero"
#614  December 29, 2014, 08:14:13 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
None of it even matters anyway since every SF series has its own canon. Literally each iteration has their own universe with every continuity solely based on the events of the first game.

So whatever outcome a sequel comes to, it's due to possibility and possibility alone. Gouken was back in SFIV whereas every other entry confirmed he was dead as dead could be. WHOOPS NEVER MIND.

And Charlie never had a confirmed death but it was always assumed and SFIV went with ambiguousness about it because there was no definitive word on it. Charlie's return could mean virtually anything we'd want to believe until confirmation.

Like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction I guess.

The only thing that matters in SF story is that nothing matters in SF story. 
#615  December 29, 2014, 08:18:03 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The only thing that matters in SF story is that nothing matters in SF story. 

Practically this, unfortunately. After the Alpha series, nobody could figure out heads from tails concering the franchise's story and true continuity... :-\

This is a generic forum signature.
#616  December 29, 2014, 08:40:29 pm
Well, the one benefit to it all is that now they don't have to abide by "story restrictions" in regards to roster selection. I mean, there's more freedom to go by other parameters (playstyles, popularity, etc).
#617  December 29, 2014, 08:54:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That shouldn't stop a company from being able to put characters dead or not in the story in the game though. Those characters could just be fun "what if" characters. Like how Evil Ryu was in SFA2.
#618  December 29, 2014, 09:04:29 pm
To be fair I don't think Capcom placed much importance on it to begin with, at least with SF4 anyway.

Yeah I never got why that isn't done more often (maximizing usage of costly assets would be my best guess). It's not like every character included has to be featured in a story mode.
#619  December 29, 2014, 09:07:14 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
If the rumors are true, and this game will focus on the final fall of Shadaloo, Bison should be the boss.

I hope he is, and that Capcom gives us a true story mode ending, with cool cinematics and such.

I second this.. But as far I know about SF, a "Story Mode" will never exists xD

But this should be a nice addition.

Actually I only want to know two things: How Nash survived and what that thing on his head. But the answer I will only discover when the game is released[or at least with more trailers about Nash]

... And I want to hear a complete version of Nash Orchestral theme used on Nash leak, if exists xD
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#620  December 29, 2014, 09:08:15 pm
I agree with JNP. There's no reason to think that Street Fighter doesn't have a story. The only conflict is Gouken, but even then, why is it a surprise that a character that was believed to be dead by everyone suddenly shows up and explains it with a simple "haha I've been faking it / in a coma all along". Everything else in the story makes sense, as long as you don't assume that Yun and Yang are here for anything more than fun, they're not part of the story.
I second this.. But as far I know about SF, a "Story Mode" will never exists xD
SFZ3 built its story pretty well and SF4 tried to not be too dumb. There is a story.

what that thing on his head
Everybody is pretty sure that it's the same gem as Gill and Urien. So, Illuminati is the reason.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.