YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2926490 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#761  January 22, 2015, 02:49:24 pm
Well, there was a stream for USF4 for last year's TGS. Chances are there'll be one for SF5.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/21/capcoms-yoshinori-ono-confirms-dimps-collaboration-on-street-fighter-v/

Regarding the specifics of the upcoming title, mum’s still the word, but Ono was able to relay that he’s working to bring younger players into the fold with Street Fighter V. On a more obvious note, he’s also interested in growing the tournament scene and making sure the netcode in Capcom games is as strong as possible.

One interesting tidbit he did impart is that Capcom has once again enlisted the help of Dimps in developing Street Fighter V. The studio previously lent their expertise to the creation of Street Fighter IV and its various follow-ups, as well as Street Fighter x Tekken, The Rumble Fish, and more. This time around, however, they will be utilizing Unreal Engine 4 instead of the custom engine used in earlier titles.

While we heard that Capcom and Dimps were working on a new fighting game back in September 2014, this is the first confirmation that their talents are being used on Street Fighter V.
#762  January 31, 2015, 07:58:24 am
Here's the live stream for the SFV stage event, begins in 30 minutes.
http: //www.twitch.tv/tgslive

Edit: so much for that
Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:14:06 am by Niitris
#763  January 31, 2015, 08:34:45 am
30 MINS. I DON'T SEE FUCKING STREET FIGHTER.
#764  January 31, 2015, 08:38:01 am
Guess they'd rather talk about keyboards instead of a not so anticipated game, my bad.

Eventhubs kept up with it all.
Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:15:17 am by Niitris
#765  February 01, 2015, 01:59:32 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
I expected to see Charlie in action and another stage.
The Dragon is here!
#766  February 24, 2015, 07:10:51 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Charlie trailer
#767  February 24, 2015, 07:13:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#768  February 24, 2015, 07:15:32 pm
  • SNK is life
GENOCIDE CUTTER! BADASS

Edit: Dictator confirmed, slightly re-designed outfit
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:30:07 pm by walt
#769  February 24, 2015, 07:24:24 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Cool that they made him really unique now. I'm liking his new Frankenstein design.
#770  February 24, 2015, 07:24:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
street fighter iv5 is looking nice

inb4 chunli's father is back.

Bea

#771  February 24, 2015, 07:28:17 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Why does he use Genocide Cutter?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#772  February 24, 2015, 07:32:39 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Why does he use Genocide Cutter?
If I had to wager a guess, it might look better animated than his old Somersault, either that or they felt like making him look more different than Guile than he already did. I have no finite idea but he looks...interesting for sure. Quite like the ideas.

Either way I like the idea of him not being the Guile of this game, so that Guile can actually show up. REALLLYYY hope he has a Shadow Nash palette since the way he works gives me the same vibe as Shadow Nash.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#773  February 24, 2015, 07:32:55 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Damn, thats some pretty neat "Back from the dead" look on Charlie. Pretty refreshing and his gameplay is looking really good! Impressive
Chilling
#774  February 24, 2015, 07:35:50 pm
lol Decapre + Shadow

it might look better animated than his old Somersault
It was fine when Guile did it in his Ultra, though. I'd say it's to separate him from Guile. If it had been a more classic Nash (with some evolution but still normal) I'd have expected Guile to not be included and just be there in the story, but in this state, I guess Guile is also going to be playable.

Between Chun's fireball spam in EX mode, Nash's double Sonic Boom, Ryu's Hadouken that gains one hit on every EX mode activation, the fireball game is going to be quite different.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#775  February 24, 2015, 07:36:46 pm
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
Looks like Capcom took a few notes from Dhalsim, Rugal and MSH vs SF's Shadow. It looks like he has Dhalsim's teleports, Rugal's Genocide Cutter and what appears to be a modified version of Shadow's Final Mission hyper.
#776  February 24, 2015, 07:40:45 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I'm liking the idea of an SF with a story that has both Guile AND Nash, can't count Alpha 3 since Guile's appearance was basically non-canon. This is intriguing, the drama! Also nice Bison reveal, can't wait for his reactions to Nash not dying after being thrown off a damn waterfall.

Gameplay wise I'm VERY impressed with where they're going with him right now, seems like a unique angle on the Guile archetype.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#777  February 24, 2015, 07:48:14 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Charlie did a flash kick thing in the air right? I can't imagine that being a charge motion
#778  February 24, 2015, 07:48:33 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Looks like Shadow has one of Bryan Fury's SFxT moves in there.  He looks like he's mix-up heavy, crazy warp shenanigans.  Also  I noticed in his intro, his facial structure suddenly transition into his battle stance, looked choppy in my opinion, but alpha build.

It seems Wakamoto is reprising Dictator's voice!

Charlie did a flash kick thing in the air right? I can't imagine that being a charge motion
It'll be interesting if Shadow now has Saki Tsuzura's charge motions now.
#779  February 24, 2015, 07:51:00 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Nash looks beastialy awesome!

And his intro reminds me of POTS Shadow Nash intro XD XD

Judging of his intro Nash will be some type of Villain or Brainwashed character... But it's early for speculations, LET'S CELEBRATE!! NASH IS BACK \o/

EDIT: LOL, Nash is "Demigra" :P [Looks like the same voice actor from Demigra on DB Xenoverse]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#780  February 24, 2015, 07:53:45 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen