YesNoOk

Transformation Super Attack with Super Armor? (Read 1886 times)

Started by Afterthought, February 07, 2018, 02:18:18 am
Share this topic:
Transformation Super Attack with Super Armor?
#1  February 07, 2018, 02:18:18 am
This isn't something any of us haven't seen before: characters like Zangief has commands that allow them to transform mid-match, and they get to swap a palette, they have special stats applied, etc. etc.

This is something various coders handle differently. I'm attempting to apply the Mecha Zangief-style transformation (palette swap, super armor) but studying and recreating code (using Kamekaze's Zangief for reference) is bearing no fruit. The command won't even work: debug shows no change in states and I don't lose a level on the power bar.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Re: Transformation Super Attack with Super Armor?
#2  February 07, 2018, 09:05:35 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Gotenks Z2 has transformations, remappal and superarmor
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#3  February 07, 2018, 11:08:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If the changestate isn't working you can figure out the problem 2 ways. Change say, changestate 200 to the stateno you need to change to. A state you know you can easily access and works. The second way is just the flip of that. Change your broken changestate's state value, say 3100, to 200.
If you do both switches and
If you can get into state 200, but 3100 still doesn't work, more than likely your statedef 3100 is the problem.
If you can get into 3100, but state 200 doesn't work, your changestate isn't working.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  February 08, 2018, 04:08:31 pm
@XGargoyle: Thank you for reminding me I need to get HDBZ. Gotenks looks super fun.

@Odb718: I think I needed more code than I copied at the time I made the post: porting over some more code seems to get it working. (I am aware @Kamekaze:'s work is, in fact, closed source, so I apologize in advance; what I am doing won't be released publicly in any case.)

I don't feel too good about copying over code with actually UNDERSTANDING it; most of what I have currently works, but instead of actually walking through hits the character in question is always immediately knocked to the ground. I figure I should contact Kamekaze to solve this, but if anyone knows what other solution there is, and how the code in general actuallly works, I'm open to your thoughts. I know this isn't exactly clean practice so I appreciate all feedback and criticism.

Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:14:04 pm by Afterthought
#5  February 08, 2018, 04:40:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Gotenks code is open source. Take a look at the way I use remappal transformations and armor ones there. You are free to take as much code as you wish. Ask me any questions you may have.
New #6  February 08, 2018, 05:10:50 pm
I'm getting help from Kamekaze himself. I appreciate all of the input: some writing errors on my end caused my issues but it's being sorted out.

@Just No Point: I appreciate the hospitality and I'll be sure to take you up on that offer; I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions in the coming months.
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:00:02 pm by Afterthought
#7  February 08, 2018, 05:24:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah, awesome! I am glad you are getting the help you needed ^_^ You're in good hands.