YesNoOk

Anti-Gouki Project AGP#02: Powerless One (Read 4863 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, August 25, 2010, 10:57:58 pm
Share this topic:
Anti-Gouki Project AGP#02: Powerless One
#1  August 25, 2010, 10:57:58 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

He was finished at the same time than Kung Fu Fan, but unreleased (only for the full-game). But one of the changes to keep alive this project is to get the 15 clones as public releases (similar to WIPs like KOFE and similars). So I release this clone, with the great feature of having no powers (that's mean no spacials and no supers). Recommended for experiment players only, better to read his readme before play with him

http://basara.mugen-infantry.net
WIPs -> Anti-Gouki Project
(also, Kung Fu Fan and The Projectile were moved to that new page, no more in Chars section)

EDIT: New video of Powerless One -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyGZaAPvTKY

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:45:27 am by Earthworm Basara
Re: Anti-Gouki Project AGP#02: Powerless One
#2  August 26, 2010, 12:02:44 am
-Both Forward and Backward throws result in him throwing  P2 in the same direction.
-If you press D+Y repeatedly  He will start the animation for the move, stop before it hits and restart.
#3  August 26, 2010, 04:49:19 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
His file is only 240kb?
Hmmm...
#4  August 26, 2010, 07:17:47 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
-I attempt a punch, but when I press another attack button, it stops the first one and starts the one I accidentally pressed. *has no better explanation at the moment*
-His crouching kicks can OTG a good amount.

That's what I found so far. Might test more tomorrow.

He's really interesting, and kinda fun.
Good work.
#5  August 26, 2010, 03:06:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Where are my sounds ? Fullgame so sounds are in the common.snd maybe ?
- Can't be hit during run ? WTF ? I can't even throw him either, which means the move is totally invincible and I can win by hitting the opponent once and then run. To avoid projectile spammers, you could have just used dodge/roll, or Asura Senpu. Or use the NotHitBy for a few ticks only.
- DF+y 5 times in a row is kind of a boring combo.
- The opponent's state is odd during the throw, it looks somehow misaligned.
- No kick throw ?
- If you're gonna make him with no powers, but combo heavy, please add aerial combos (real one, not LP smashing) or something like that.
#6  August 26, 2010, 11:21:52 pm
    • Chile
- Where are my sounds ? Fullgame so sounds are in the common.snd maybe ?
- Can't be hit during run ? WTF ? I can't even throw him either, which means the move is totally invincible and I can win by hitting the opponent once and then run. To avoid projectile spammers, you could have just used dodge/roll, or Asura Senpu. Or use the NotHitBy for a few ticks only.
- DF+y 5 times in a row is kind of a boring combo.
- The opponent's state is odd during the throw, it looks somehow misaligned.
- No kick throw ?
- If you're gonna make him with no powers, but combo heavy, please add aerial combos (real one, not LP smashing) or something like that.
- Exactly, I'm making a common.snd for the sounds, same for sparks (that's why has 240kb, TRUEMicah)
- I wanted to make him a roll and dodge to avoid projectiles, but temporally I make NHB for the run and back dash (it doesn't work for ", AP", so just let the classic SCA), soon I'll fix that
- Well, I prefer used that move and then imitating MVC air combos mashing all buttons :P
- I didn't see that, since I used the same throw Kung Fu Fan used. Let me see that and I'll fix it
- Just one throw for every clone, maybe later I'll make another one for him ;)
- He already has it. You can combine any kind of buttons, not just LP or LK... I prefer to combine any buttons as possible, kind like a diag-up autocombo :P

-If you press D+Y repeatedly  He will start the animation for the move, stop before it hits and restart.
-I attempt a punch, but when I press another attack button, it stops the first one and starts the one I accidentally pressed. *has no better explanation at the moment*
My bad, it's because it cancels itself using the same command. I've to add "movehit" as a trigger

Thanks for the feedback everyone... I've a video of him in action (and how I use him), soon I'll upload it ;)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  August 27, 2010, 05:46:23 am
    • Chile

#8  August 27, 2010, 06:13:37 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I'd still like the standalone version to have some sounds.
#9  August 27, 2010, 08:28:27 am
    • Chile
I was thinking in which sounds and sparks should use the clones. Maybe I need more ideas in the AGP topic in Fullgame zone :)

#10  September 15, 2010, 01:11:45 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
I finally got around to testing this char.

-Missing sounds. I would fix this before releasing.
-Standing HK makes him move forward. (Why?)
-Cannot be thrown or attacked while running.
-When going into a crouch from running, he slides forward a bit while crouching.
-Attacks combo into themselves (cr HK x 5), and also begin again before finishing.
-Vel for throw seems weird.
-His sandals change color during frames of a few attacks.
-His special attacks (special normals?) have weird inputs IMO.

Thanks for your effort on this char, but I think it needs a little more work to compete with Projectile and KFF.
#11  September 16, 2010, 12:59:16 am
    • Chile
-Missing sounds. I would fix this before releasing.
-Standing HK makes him move forward. (Why?)
-When going into a crouch from running, he slides forward a bit while crouching.
-Vel for throw seems weird.
-His sandals change color during frames of a few attacks.
OK, I'll fix those things ;)

-Attacks combo into themselves (cr HK x 5), and also begin again before finishing.
That's intentional, for balancing the handicap of the lack of specials and supers than a normal character has

-Cannot be thrown or attacked while running.
That's intentional for this release only, as I stated before \|/
- I wanted to make him a roll and dodge to avoid projectiles, but temporally I make NHB for the run and back dash (it doesn't work for ", AP", so just let the classic SCA), soon I'll fix that

-His special attacks (special normals?) have weird inputs IMO.
That's because those are command moves, with his throw are the only non-basic moves on him

Thanks for your effort on this char, but I think it needs a little more work to compete with Projectile and KFF.
Thanks to you for the feedback ;)

Aaaaaand... testing on my 2 past clones, they already have sounds, so my apologies for not having sounds for this one. Also seeing sparks (2D ones, not flashy stuff) for the next clones, more of these news in AGP topic. Powerless One will be updated as soon as possible, I promise you ;)