YesNoOk

King of Fighters E blog (Read 1240158 times)

Started by swipergod, November 14, 2007, 02:53:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen: King of Fighters Edition
#601  February 20, 2009, 05:27:51 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
okay
#602  February 20, 2009, 05:29:07 pm
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
Why dont you put in Alba and Soiree and also Rock Howard I would also like Freeman
It would make the game better
but its just a suggestion you do not have to do it

If he did Mukai would be in. Alba is still in the alpha phase. There's no Soiree Meiraa in 2D, let alone Mugen.
[size=5pt]I'd wish somebody made a Duke or Jivatma[/size]

Rock Howard... yeah I was wondering.

I am but a living fossil these days.
#603  February 21, 2009, 06:24:19 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be a bit of a jerk here.  I'm already committed to modifying 50 characters.  I'm not committing to any more.  I know what it's like to be on the other side wishing a game maker would add your favorite character, but there's already plenty of variety.  KOF the franchise has something like 90 characters.  You can then tack on characters used in SVC and NGBC since their art style is the same.  I can't commit to making everybody,  I just don't have the time or the will to do it.  Nothing stops you from adding your own characters into KOFE.  There are reasons I didn't molebox it after all.

If you need to know who's in the game visit the first page of this topic or my website.  Know that the characters you see there are the only characters I have committed to making.  Wait until they're done before requesting others please.  I have mentioned that I am interested in doing others once the project is completed, but ONLY when the project is completed.  I apologize for my stern attitude here, but I've been hearing this tune for about a year now.

Rock Howard's in.  He'll be added to the game after Kula, Krizalid and Billy are.  I actually finished up an Alpha on him about a year ago.  You can see it here (there's no sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TjE-mlE71Y

Uche, Tech Hit or Tech Bonus, etc was a little visual aid that pops out from the side of the screen (like the combo counter) that tells you, you successfully quick recovered from an attack.  Some Capcom games used the indicator.  Ultimately, I thought it was a little extra that wasn't worth the time so I never made the sprite for it, but forgot to remove the code.  In KOFE, the invisible helper activates in the default.def and is triggered to be untouchable.  So you never realize it's there.  In non-KOFE mugen, the helper is not defined 9 times out of 10, which causes the glitch every time a character quick recovers.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:37:12 am by swipergod
#604  February 21, 2009, 04:53:38 pm
you should find a better way to put them on download

My Google Chrome/Internet Explorer does not download it

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#605  February 21, 2009, 06:17:52 pm
Can you be more specific?  Do you get to the links page?  Your browser doesn't allow downloading from sites like Megaupload?  I know a Chinese friend of mine couldn't access the sites uploadjockey forwarded him to.  I need more details though so I can help you.

I've finished the biggest part of the sprite edits for Kula.  It's K's knee attack (edited from Juke's Fliz).  Here's one of the frames:

I still need to touch up the shoes, but it's functional to start coding with.

Since I've mentioned that Kula will be quite different, I'll jump into a little detail:

-Kula gains K's knee command attack.
-Kula will lose both her slide and ice spike command attacks
-Kula will gain the ice spike as her CD attack, but the range will be shorter.
-Kula's punch throw will now feature Foxy.
-The Ice prison throw is now a command throw that stuns the opponent (like scum gale)
-Kula's DMs are all completely different.  One has her call Diana to dash at the opponent (DM projectile).  One has her call Foxy for an anti air (very short range).  Her SDM will feature Geese's unused Claw Raging Storm.  Her HSDM is her full screen attack, but there is no Diana pre-attack.  It will leave her open in the initial start up (like Whip's HSDM), which should allow you to see it coming.  I may also make it air blockable to further balance it out.

I'll start coding Kula next week.  Considering all her special intro and modified victory poses, she'll probably take awhile.

Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:36:44 pm by swipergod
#606  February 21, 2009, 06:19:56 pm
same prob as your chinese friend

#607  February 21, 2009, 06:32:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Can you be more specific?  Do you get to the links page?  Your browser doesn't allow downloading from sites like Megaupload?  I know a Chinese friend of mine couldn't access the sites uploadjockey forwarded him to.  I need more details though so I can help you.

I've finished the biggest part of the sprite edits for Kula.  It's K's knee attack (edited from Juke's Fliz).  Here's one of the frames:

I still need to touch up the shoes, but it's functional to start coding with.

Since I've mentioned that Kula will be quite different, I'll jump into a little detail:

-Kula gains K's knee command attack.
-Kula will lose both her slide and ice spike command attacks
-Kula will gain the ice spike as her CD attack, but the range will be shorter.
-Kula's punch throw will now feature Foxy.
-The Ice prison throw is now a command throw that stuns the opponent (like scum gale)
-Kula's DMs are all completely different.  One has her call Diana to dash at the opponent (DM projectile).  One has her call Foxy for an anti air (very short range).  Her SDM will feature Geese's unused Claw Raging Storm.  Her HSDM is her full screen attack, but there is no Diana pre-attack.  It will leave her open in the initial start up (like Whip's HSDM), which should allow you to see it coming.  I may also make it air blockable to further balance it out.

I'll start coding Kula next week.  Considering all her special intro and modified victory poses, she'll probably take awhile.

I lol'ed a bit at this but... If she keeps her weak kick attacks, her strong DP, her cice breath and the weak version of qcb+K she will feel exactly the same for me.oh, and close C.
#608  February 21, 2009, 06:36:12 pm
it was really hard for me to download because of that jockey thing

#609  February 21, 2009, 06:38:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You need to explain your downloads problems more, what went wrong with it ? since what UJ does is upload the file to 4 or more different places so people with small upload bandwidth can provide with more mirrors.
#610  February 21, 2009, 07:44:26 pm
Let me know what you would like to download and I'll direct you to a mirror you can try.  Do you want all 3 parts of the game, or just the game without the music?

[E], I can tell you're a Kula fan.  I remember reading bits and pieces you've write about her earlier in the topic.  I'm using CCI's Kula as the base.  Point out any problems you noticed and I'll see which ones I can address.

All Kula's basic attacks shouldn't change.  Her 4 classic specials shouldn't change either (dp, ice breath, reflect and tornado kick).  The only thing that I've noticed is that the slide follow up to the tornado kick doesn't allow for juggling (I might be wrong) and I think it should (slide into dp if I'm not mistaken).

Her new command throw will add to her close up game a bit since it'll allow for guaranteed DM connection.  More as I start to code her.

#611  February 21, 2009, 07:57:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iron's har got broken juggling.

the slide should allow for anythign to juggle after it, including her qcb+kick. her qcf+X should allow for anything to juggle after it. actually, she can pretty mugh juggle after everything with everything, it's just a matter of falling vels.
#612  February 21, 2009, 09:03:33 pm
I would like to download Ryo Sakazaki

#613  February 22, 2009, 01:49:05 am
I sent you a link ARCoolguy. 

I was doing some major thinking since I was bugged about the roster.  Something's been bugging me about it for a while.  Came to the conclusion that I'd rather not have characters from the Ash saga (Ash and Adel).  So I'm replacing them.

The list is no longer final, since there rests a few possibilities now.

Heidern is going to be added for sure now.  I spent the day conceptualizing him for KOFE and was satisfied with what I came up with.  This leads to musical chairs.  Heidern replaces Whip, Whip replaces Angel, Angel replaces Adel, Adel is out.  His inclusion will change Leona's X-Calibur attack from it's '98 style to it's '96 style.

As for Ash spot, what I'd really like to do is add in Raiden (a Raiden, Billy, Yamazaki, Eiji team makes sense).  The problem here is pretty evident.  There is no Raiden sprited in the KOF style.  What I'm proposing is to collaborate with a spriter to port over the CVS Raiden.  I think it's clear what's in it for me here, but as part of the collaboration, I'd be willing to code a separate Raiden (non KOFE) for regular Mugen in any fashion the spriter wishes using their sprites. He could play XI style with Dreamcancels or '98 advanced or extra system or even Street Fighter Zero style.  Raiden's a grapple character that interests me and since he's in XII I figure why not.  I'm reaching here, but my project's going to go on for another year at least, so I have time.  I'd like to finish up Kula before making a call for help outside this topic.  If you know anyone who might be interested, let me know.

Obviously if I can't find any spriters to help with Raiden, then I'll need a back up.  Chances are, that'll be K'9999, but I'm also considering May Lee.  She'd need a lot of sprite editing though.

Anyway, this means that only 49 characters are now confirmed and Ash and Adel are out.

#614  February 22, 2009, 09:46:15 am
thx it worked

#615  February 22, 2009, 02:07:26 pm
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
Ash is out?!

Never mind though, I like and had fun using Ash in KOF, it's your project so I have no say in it. :)

I am but a living fossil these days.
#616  February 22, 2009, 02:22:23 pm
I do not really like Ash so i dont care if shes in or out

#617  February 22, 2009, 03:21:33 pm
Out of the main 50 lineup.  Since I just started thinking about it the other day, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're out for good.  I may eventually make an Ash, Adel, K'9999, Angel team as a special team and maybe make May Lee or a Samurai spirits character (Shiki?) take Angel's spot on the Hero team after the main batch is complete.  I'd still like to do Ash and Adel.  I'd just rather do other characters first.  Heidern's omission really bugged me.  I just couldn't figure out what to do with him move wise.  That's solved now.  I also think Raiden gets the short end of the stick sometimes.  He'd be a more interesting addition than Daimon who revolves too much around his variety of throws.  Just for fun, this is how Raiden would work in KOFE:

- Headbutt would be a command overhead

- For specials he'd have an exploding Powerbomb, his poison mist, his charge, his unblockable flying clothesline and a sledge uppercut (think Brian) with autoguard points.

- For DMs he'd have an exploding leaping Powerbomb (think Zangief's crusher), an earthquake move that releases a shockwave that would have to be blocked low (kinda inspired from Wild Ambition), his leaping throw with seated senton finish and his Firebreath (would work like Chin's SDM version).

I'm coding Kula's basic attacks.  All her non-basic attacks have been completed.

#618  February 22, 2009, 05:59:50 pm
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net
As for Ash spot, what I'd really like to do is add in Raiden (a Raiden, Billy, Yamazaki, Eiji team makes sense).  The problem here is pretty evident.  There is no Raiden sprited in the KOF style.  What I'm proposing is to collaborate with a spriter to port over the CVS Raiden.  I think it's clear what's in it for me here, but as part of the collaboration, I'd be willing to code a separate Raiden (non KOFE) for regular Mugen in any fashion the spriter wishes using their sprites. He could play XI style with Dreamcancels or '98 advanced or extra system or even Street Fighter Zero style.  Raiden's a grapple character that interests me and since he's in XII I figure why not.  I'm reaching here, but my project's going to go on for another year at least, so I have time.  I'd like to finish up Kula before making a call for help outside this topic.  If you know anyone who might be interested, let me know.

There is actually a Raiden creation that used the Big Bear sprites from Fatal Fury 2 with a head swap.  The sprites look like they would fit in with a little recoloring.  The only problem is that since I got it so long ago, I can't remember where I downloaded it from.  There is no webpage or e-mail in the text files and the only thing the .DEF lists as an author is "7777" so I don't know who to ask for permission.  Infact the files were made in 2005 so I am not sure if the webpage even exists anymore. 

Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:06:23 pm by GMSpectre
#619  February 22, 2009, 07:01:17 pm
I'm actually not a very good spriter.  I'm only decent a modifying some stuff.  Juke drew that Kula/K' knee attack.  I modified the sprite.

The original is on the left, my modification is on the right.  I fixed the shoes and used various pre-existing hair to switch the "Fliz" hair.  I'd never be able to draw from scratch.  If I could, I'd make my own Raiden. :)

GmSpectre.  That's an interesting mod.  My concern is that it's probably missing a lot of hitstates and moves that the CVS version has unless there's a lot of custom sprites.  I'd also assume the animation isn't as smooth as the KOF series, although I've never seen that creation before.  It's very interesting though.  How does it play?  If anything it could help serve as a color template. 

#620  February 22, 2009, 10:16:06 pm
Basics for Kula are done with the exception of special intros and victory poses.  I've changed her jumping CD attack to the windmill kick she uses to launch her air projectile since she doesn't have that move anymore.  As I was working on Kula I realized that she doesn't have a get up animation from laying down on the ground, so I gave her one.  I've also implemented her new throw.  Here's a pic:

I'll probably work on her stage today and start some of her specials.  She should be finished for next weekend.