YesNoOk

Punisher World Warzone (Alpha_K) (Read 5057 times)

Started by ELECTR0, June 24, 2019, 02:06:07 am
Share this topic:
Punisher World Warzone (Alpha_K)
#1  June 24, 2019, 02:06:07 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
This full game is running on Mugen 1.1. The Punisher game is using beat'em up characters as fighting game characters. The play style is similar to Capcom's VS series but less combo heavy & slower pace. To see the move list hit start while in game. The game has 9 playable characters & 4 unplayable characters. A lot of characters & stages have finishers that you can discover. More to come later & enjoy the update.

Link : https://electroslair.blogspot.com/

Re: Punisher World Warzone (Alpha_K)
#2  June 24, 2019, 02:37:54 am
    • USA
Can’t wait for Guy! Which spriteset will you be using? So cool how you did the 2in1s, ie FF1/FF3 Haggar, Cody with his Alpha look. Did you CS that btw? That is just crazy.

I like how every character plays differently, however, some characters are definitely better than others. From playing so many games/characters from other people I’ve discovered we all have the same issue, recovery. In this, you can insta jab out of most situations, well the melee focused characters.

I already know you play fighters from this, but some characters can’t keep up and can just be locked up. The high jumps are a bit high, most likely to see all of the stage etc. Any plans for Axel? Idk, always wanted Axel vs Cody.

Definitely fun, original, creative. If you appreciate retro games you’ll definitely dig this. The stages are phenomenal of course. We actually played this on Parsec, had some good games lol you guys should have seen it. Would definitely be cool to play this with other people. Even I get tired of SF/KOF at times, but this is a nice mix. Cody, Haggar, they play similar to how they would in said games, 6 buttons etc. Then you have characters like the Hawk dude, primarily focuses on zoning. Lot of variety, don’t let the old sprites turn you away, rather, immerse yourself in it. Man... I hopeeeeee to see stage 1 or two from SOR in this, mainly because I want to fight to go straight/in the bar ha. Keep up the good work. I know it feels as though no one cares about this stuff anymore and making a full game is really the ultimate challenge to ones grit, but keep going. People will always love 2D, the new castlevania proves that. Castlevania guest?? Lol jk
#3  June 24, 2019, 04:01:44 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Playing with you on Parsec really helped me out on trying to balance the game. It's a lot different then playing against my AI or doing watch mode. I squashed a ton of problems & did a pretty good amount of tweaking in that time. Still more needs to be done about speeding up some attacks like Ninja's rockets & recover penalty on OP characters like Haggar etc... As for Guy I'll be using FF1 sprites & maybe later add in another costume from the the other games. Right now I'm in the mood to work on a Boxer so i'm playing around with R. Bear from Streets of Rage 2. No plans right now to add Axel, but down the line anything is possible. People can always make a character to add to the game using Punisher as a template & then pass it to me to add in the game.
#4  June 24, 2019, 09:40:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What's your parsec IDs? I want to play again, cause Im interested how characters have changed from when I wrote up a tier list for the last alpha. :)
#5  June 24, 2019, 03:34:24 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Name is ELECTR0 spelled with a zero on Parsec. There is a list on the Punisher download page with almost everything that's been updated.
#6  June 26, 2019, 07:21:42 am
    • USA
2Dee4ever on everything, steam etc. The only exception being PS4 x2dee4ever
I’m interested in playing again, more games in general, as he said, you get more outta playing with players than A.I. Hopefully you both can help me with my stuff as well. I’m free any day after 6pm. It would be cool if we had some dedicated group for “playing” mugen etc games. 

Also, where is your list? I want to see if it lines up with my impressions. Player vs. Player, legit, all other feedback is obsolete in comparison.
Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:30:08 am by 2Dee4ever
#7  June 26, 2019, 11:45:57 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
I'll be on Parsec every Saturday from 7:00 Pm est to around 10:00. We can def try out your game.
#8  June 28, 2019, 12:12:20 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Sorry both of you, I wasn't checking the forum

@2Dee4ever: Here is the list I made I believe for Alpha J:

Tier   Character
S   Punisher, Haggar
A   Cody, Blaze
B   Ninja, Blob
C   Poacher Joe
D   Musashi

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I also noted that I think assist calls should cost meter as they cover for the weaknesses of the characters too well, and make the already super good characters even better.

Looking back I'd have maybe put Cody in S and bump Blob up.

Can I add you guys on Discord? My username on parsec will be Umezono, but my discord is eric#5322 so we can stay in contact about testing.
#9  June 29, 2019, 07:52:40 pm
    • USA