YesNoOk

Gokuu Densetsu: Magic Beast Warriors (Read 4029 times)

Started by MellyInChains, February 05, 2012, 05:31:05 am
Share this topic:
Gokuu Densetsu: Magic Beast Warriors
#1  February 05, 2012, 05:31:05 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
now i don't usually make threads for the standard cheesy live-action fighters i love so much, but...this one is like incredibly obscure. like it makes battle monsters look like fucking guilty gear in terms of being well-known. probably because it's japanese-exclusive.

made by allumer, the same people who made the godawful blandia, the protagonist here is songoku, a standard...well....songoku archetype. dorky monkey guy and all that. apparently from what i've gathered, he's fighting to save a princess literally named Princess Rice Cake from the antagonist, some vaguely-goth looking chick with 6 arms, one of them being a drill, the other being a mace, another being a katana, so on so forth.

funnily enough the only modes are story and vs, not even an options menu or anything. why this is is beyond me, but it may have to do with a truckload of fmvs they put in there. like even the stages have fmvs going on in the background. you see stuff like this when a match ends in vs. mode. usual live-action hijinks that are just the thing for me.

i haven't really dug deep into the game yet, because...well, there's not much to dig into. i know some of the character names, the chick in that fmv being 'rasetujo', and...erm, i'm gonna have to look the others up again. they're only displayed in english when winning in vs. mode (or maybe story? i dunno). either way the gameplay itself is very very basic. there's nothing notable about it. a couple of moves for each character and no supers.

i'd get screenshots myself, but i'm gonna laze out and steal a bunch of pictures from another site.

the pictures left some of the roster out but it's a taste. might have to upload gameplay footage of it myself because hell if anyone else has!

not sure why i made this thread other than to confirm this is an actual game and not something i just dreamt up last night. so there ya go.

MDI

Re: Gokuu Densetsu: Magic Beast Warriors
#2  July 02, 2012, 04:06:14 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Reviving an old topic for an old game here.

Is there any wiki, fansite, or walkthroughs for this game that you know of? I'm searching myself but can't find much on it. Any links'd be helpful mannng...
Oh and I'll upload footage soon!
ey
#3  July 02, 2012, 04:38:01 am
I came here expecting DBZ.  >:(
#4  July 02, 2012, 04:40:29 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
get out of here with that lameass dbz stuff; this is the good shit!

.....seriously 'goku' wasn't invented by dragonball z. journey to the west more like?

MDI

#5  July 02, 2012, 04:46:17 am

Pubic Beard > Vegeta
ey
#6  July 02, 2012, 06:12:48 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
pig man > anybody in dbz ever
#7  July 02, 2012, 06:48:26 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
looks like a sentai ripoff? anyway this game's released only in japan around 1995 ;)

CF7

#8  July 02, 2012, 04:29:50 pm
I finally found a place to download it!

BTW, s-since I'm here, Melv...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm searching myself but can't find much on it.
No luck here either...
#9  July 02, 2012, 06:00:36 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
i'll pm you about that later when i have the time

looks like a sentai ripoff?

no?

as for a wiki entry: nope. fansite: nada. walkthrough: aside from a japanese page describing how hard the game is, nyet. all i could really find were niconico vids of the cutscenes which i stole, they can be found here. i should really try making a movelist page at least, though. that could be helpful.

and mdi told me he'd post our match vids here soon, so be on the look out for those if you're interested

MDI

#10  July 03, 2012, 08:51:02 am
ey
#11  July 03, 2012, 12:22:19 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
thanx, there we are. despite the fact i look like a human egg with a wig in those videos, our matches are great fun to watch again