YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread (Read 1389214 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:49:06 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread
#541  April 13, 2019, 01:14:41 pm
@Graphicus: You definitely did, I had no idea that sprite existed prior to me doing my own. It's a blessing and a curse to see how others interpret different details, to wonder whether they're spot on or not.
#542  April 13, 2019, 06:44:19 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Felt like giving Cammy the X-ISM treatment, just like they gave good ol' Chun-Li.

Palette is from SFA3. Used it because it was obviously SF2 inspired.

EDIT: Added portrait.

:mwhoa: Whoa!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#543  April 14, 2019, 12:54:22 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
@Graphicus: You definitely did, I had no idea that sprite existed prior to me doing my own. It's a blessing and a curse to see how others interpret different details, to wonder whether they're spot on or not.

It was one of my earlier attempts, so I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's a lot of room for improvement. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered enough by the inconsistency between the artwork/profile pics and the sprites to try to make an edit attempt. Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
#544  May 08, 2019, 06:10:17 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Lovely Cammy, Graphicus! Great job!

--------------------------------------------------

Ibuki. 15 colors.
#545  June 06, 2019, 05:15:09 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/

been a while
Spriting is hard.
#546  June 06, 2019, 07:34:44 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Really nice Blackheart move, Diepod.
#547  June 06, 2019, 07:56:53 pm
Felt like giving Cammy the X-ISM treatment, just like they gave good ol' Chun-Li.

Palette is from SFA3. Used it because it was obviously SF2 inspired.

EDIT: Added portrait.

<3 <3 <3 awesome !
#548  June 10, 2019, 05:17:02 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Good Job on that BlackHeart DP. Keep it up.
#549  July 02, 2019, 12:46:52 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

More Cammy. This time in her SFV attire.
#550  July 02, 2019, 01:16:32 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

More Cammy. This time in her SFV attire.

Oh my god, people now read minds? I was looking for Cammy sprites with the Delta Red costume yesterday. :lol:
Very good, this makes me both happy and jealous  :mcry:
#551  August 07, 2019, 03:17:48 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
One of my favorite characters of all time, sprited or at least attempted in MvC2 style.

It looks bigger because thats how I upload them to DeviantArt, the app gives me the option on using a x5 scale and I have been using it.

Zorf Giudecca
#552  August 11, 2019, 09:26:00 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Wow! She even looks imposing. Nice work!
#553  August 16, 2019, 09:47:29 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Tried animation on it

Zorf Giudecca
#554  October 03, 2019, 08:44:51 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

SFV Ken.
#555  October 03, 2019, 11:39:57 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
You know what I love about your sprites? Everyone can easily tell in what style you made them. You really catch the details that makes it fit in SFA/MvC.

My only feedback about this one is the skin tone, I remember Ken in SFA having a slightly yellow-ish light tone, and here you made it a little more red and darker. But other than that, this is insane attention to detail. Very well done man.
:bravo:
#556  October 04, 2019, 09:40:29 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Somehow I liked that pinkish tone of his skin so I decided to keep it. It contrasts better with his blond hair.

Anyway, I also made a version with skin tone closer to his SFA appearance. Still one tone darker though :P

Thanks, DS. I appreciate your kind words.
#557  October 11, 2019, 01:56:53 am
    • Mexico
here a Leon MvC that I made, it is my first attempt in this style so any constructive criticism will be well recived
#558  October 12, 2019, 08:41:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Commission.

here a Leon MvC that I made, it is my first attempt in this style so any constructive criticism will be well recived

-There should not be any lighting on his abdominal area, since it's at a top-right angle, and the fact is that he is facing away from the light source, so it should be to the right his torso.
-The arm's have little to no anti-aliasing, giving it a very jarring and banded look.
-I can barely make out his shoes from the pants because the shadow colors are too dark. Ligthen them up.
-Same deal with the abdominal area, there shouldn't be any light on the bottom part of the right (viewer) leg for the same reason.
-His face looks fine, but the hair doesn't feel CPS2-ish, it would've been better if you referenced an existing CPS2 character for those kinds of details.
-The pose feels weird, like, I can't tell what he's going to do with his right viewer arm, is he holding a flash light or something? In either way, it doesn't give off the "soldier holding a gun" feel like you would see in Chris Redfield's stance, for example.
-I'm well aware that Leon isn't a very muscular person per se, but since this is MvC,, take some liberties and pump him some steroids. Just a bit.

So I made this quick and dirty greyscale drawing over your sprite to show you how the lighting would work in this sprite's case:

(old school Kennedy bc hey, I'm just that kind of guy)

I'm pretty rusty (I just got back into this style today lmao), but it should illustrate the idea.

Sorry I could't sum it up quicker. It's still great for a first try!
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:54:33 pm by apathy
#559  October 12, 2019, 11:44:20 pm
    • Mexico

Commission.

-There should not be any lighting on his abdominal area, since it's at a top-right angle, and the fact is that he is facing away from the light source, so it should be to the right his torso.
-The arm's have little to no anti-aliasing, giving it a very jarring and banded look.
-I can barely make out his shoes from the pants because the shadow colors are too dark. Ligthen them up.
-Same deal with the abdominal area, there shouldn't be any light on the bottom part of the right (viewer) leg for the same reason.
-His face looks fine, but the hair doesn't feel CPS2-ish, it would've been better if you referenced an existing CPS2 character for those kinds of details.
-The pose feels weird, like, I can't tell what he's going to do with his right viewer arm, is he holding a flash light or something? In either way, it doesn't give off the "soldier holding a gun" feel like you would see in Chris Redfield's stance, for example.
-I'm well aware that Leon isn't a very muscular person per se, but since this is MvC,, take some liberties and pump him some steroids. Just a bit.

So I made this quick and dirty greyscale drawing over your sprite to show you how the lighting would work in this sprite's case:

(old school Kennedy bc hey, I'm just that kind of guy)

I'm pretty rusty (I just got back into this style today lmao), but it should illustrate the idea.

Sorry I could't sum it up quicker. It's still great for a first try!

thank you very much apathy I will do the corrections and i will show the result when i finish it
#560  October 19, 2019, 11:55:23 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

SF4 Oni cps2 style. 13 colors.

edit: updated
Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:29:57 pm by sabockee