Jill Valentine (Read 28730 times)

Started by DW, May 14, 2013, 10:30:38 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Jill Valentine
#1  May 14, 2013, 10:30:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

By Sean Altly and myself. Get her in my folder at TM.

Updates:

=05/15/2013=

-Tweaked Magnum Burst
-Tweaked (MAX/ground)Hyper S.T.A.R.S Charge
-Tweaked air (EX)S.T.A.R.S Charge
-Tweaked Rocket Launcher
-Added more palettes

=05/20/2013=

-Pal scheme reconfigured
-Fixes to several pal problems
-New pals added
-Enhanced quality/volume of her voices
-Ice grenade sound changed to MvC ice hit sound
-Acid grenades fx changed to yellow
-Few misc tweaks
Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:07:03 am by DivineWolf
Re: Jill Valentine
#2  May 14, 2013, 11:07:06 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Very nice release, Wolfy.
Only problem I have with her is her sounds.
Most of her voice is quiet and some of her sounds (Ex. The shotgun sounds) are louder than some others (Ex. The Grenade Launcher and the explosion of that.)
I'm also curious to find out why you used her MvC2 sounds rather than her new voice that Sean Alty used (and/or rather Warusaki used.)
#3  May 14, 2013, 11:19:34 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
WOW!
#4  May 14, 2013, 11:52:11 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
THAT FUCKING QUICK!?  MY GOD!  CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY!

Posted: May 14, 2013, 11:53:00 pm
THAT FUCKING QUICK!?  MY GOD!  CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY!

DW

#5  May 15, 2013, 12:07:16 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Very nice release, Wolfy.
Only problem I have with her is her sounds.
Most of her voice is quiet and some of her sounds (Ex. The shotgun sounds) are louder than some others (Ex. The Grenade Launcher and the explosion of that.)
I'm also curious to find out why you used her MvC2 sounds rather than her new voice that Sean Alty used (and/or rather Warusaki used.)

I don't like that voice at all. Unfortunately her MvC2 voice rips are pretty soft, much like all of them really. Still, the voice used in Waru's/Sean's respective versions doesn't even sound befitting of a fighting game/genre imo. Sound like rips from the actual RE game itself. A shot from a shotgun would be louder than a grenade fired from a grenade launcher. I suppose I could tweak some of the sounds to be a bit softer/louder maybe. But no time soon(if at all really, cause I don't really have a problem with it.).
#6  May 15, 2013, 12:14:10 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I think the voice Waru and Sean used was her voice, from RE3 I'd say judging by her death groan. Waru's Jill also had a taunt where you briefly heard Carlos' voice saying "Hurry up!"
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#7  May 15, 2013, 12:18:28 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Really nice work SeanAltly & DivineWolf!

More voices/sound for her would be good.
The rocket flare win animation with Jill jumping up and down... Her "Come on!" voice is very annoying...

DW

#8  May 15, 2013, 12:23:54 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I can tell you right now that there's no way I'm making an alternate snd file or making an ridiculously big snd file with different voices. I respect the fact that some may not like some things and all, but that's the beauty of MUGEN, you can always edit something to your liking. I like the voices and am not changing them, nor am I going to make  any other snd files. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being rude or anything, because I'm not. I'm just not going to do it.
#9  May 15, 2013, 12:58:03 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I don't mind the voice, it is a great char and I love it!
I love how you arranged the supers and the EX moves.
All we need now is Jadeeye's AI patch

#10  May 15, 2013, 01:06:00 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I really can´t find anything wrong her, pretty solid release as always. IMO what maked Jill a great character in a fighting game is the zombie usage and their mix-up potential and will this version is pretty solid its movelist isn´t really inspiring to me. If I can voice my opinion, that´s it.

Thought those color separated sprites... I need them...
Chilling
#11  May 15, 2013, 01:15:28 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
o_O That was quick.
Feedback (more like suggestions lol):
-Why do I feel like Acid Grenade Launcher is underpowered compared to the other versions?
-At point blank in the corner, Rocket Launcher misses most of its hits even with its immense cornerpush.
-Her juggles from Magnum Blast seem kinda limited. It feels weird that Grenade Launcher and Shotgun Blast miss P2 after the wall bounce.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:34:41 am by Cankonoe
#12  May 15, 2013, 01:23:22 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
Damn you are realy fast!Thanks 4 this release, i realy love your work!;)

DW

#13  May 15, 2013, 01:34:50 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
o_O That was quick.
Feedback (more like suggestions lol):
-Why do I feel like Acid Grenade Launcher is underpowered compared to the other versions?
-At point blank in the corner, Rocket Launcher misses most of its hits even with its immense cornerpush.

-Acid grenades are the better overall option for super cancels. Because they don't knock p2 down and leave them in a slightly extended period of hitstun. Ice grenade may do a better job of leaving p2 vulnerable when they're hit, but it costs meter and is the weakest strength wise among the various grenades. You're not always gonna have meter to burn on ice grenades. Acids will be you next best choice for SCs.
-I fuxed around with that super for half a day literally. >_< In all honesty, I could see about tweaking it a bit, but, it will never be a guaranteed setup. Due to the nature of different hitboxes on all chars. In essence, that's what balances the move really. If it doesn't juggle your opponent in that way, you just have to find a better way of catching them with it. Positioning is key. An ice/acid grenade cancel works really well too.

#14  May 15, 2013, 01:35:47 am
  • tired
^ And that is typed out right as I start whining talking about the weird juggles from Magnum Blast. >_<
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#15  May 15, 2013, 01:38:26 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-Her juggles from Magnum Blast seem kinda limited. It feels weird that Grenade Launcher and Shotgun Blast miss P2 after the wall bounce.

No, it doesn't. That is intended. Use (Hyper/EX/air)STARS Charge or air Knife Slash to follow up. Or Rocket Launcher even.

Damn you are realy fast!Thanks 4 this release, i realy love your work!;)

No, it's just the first the GP has heard of her from me. I started working on Jill shortly after Psylocke. In early April. It just seems fast/sudden because I only just annouced her to the GP 2 days ago. Also, thanks for the support.
#16  May 15, 2013, 01:44:06 am
  • tired
#17  May 15, 2013, 01:45:20 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Congrats on your release~

The more I relook at that MB, the more I realize it's good up until the final frame where it's completely out of style and sync with the others. Oh well~ The palettes are pretty nice though! That's....all I can add here (I don't test/play characters really so...sorry I'm not as useful as I could be. ^^;; ).

DW

#18  May 15, 2013, 01:48:43 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't think she'd have enough meter after using an EX move (Magnum Blast) to use her lvl 3. :P

MAX mode.

Congrats on your release~

The more I relook at that MB, the more I realize it's good up until the final frame where it's completely out of style and sync with the others. Oh well~ The palettes are pretty nice though! That's....all I can add here (I don't test/play characters really so...sorry I'm not as useful as I could be. ^^;; ).

Hm... Well, you'd know better than I, but I don't think it too out of place. Thanks for the feedback and pointing me in the right direction to find said MB.
#19  May 15, 2013, 01:48:49 am
  • tired
MAX mode.
I always forget about these things, sorry about that. >_<

-Magnum Blast misses point blank in the corner and from a certain distance midscreen.
-Both versions of Hyper S.T.A.R.S Charge leave Jill at even frames when blocked; that's a bit too safe for a hyper.
Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:11:30 am by Cankonoe
#20  May 15, 2013, 01:51:58 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm used to how the degrading works from SVC Chaos. If you look at it from the original, and compare it to one such from SVC Chaos, you'll be able to spot the difference between the last frame and the frame before that. You could ALMOST say the 2nd to last frame IS the last frame in SVC Chaos terms oddly enough, then it becomes cartoony at the end.

But you're welcome~ If you ever need to find anything else, just drop me a call and I'll see if there is some such thing (or just let you know if any exists), since I generally have access to most of these things~