YesNoOk

Super/Hyper Armor glitch (Read 616 times)

Started by Psywriter, January 08, 2019, 10:50:41 am
Share this topic:
Super/Hyper Armor glitch
#1  January 08, 2019, 10:50:41 am
    • UK
The first thing I'd like to say is that none of the characters I show are mine, and they all have tweaked CNS files.

Either way, the problem is that I'm trying to add some Super/Hyper Armor to a bunch of the chars I have but I keep encountering a very annoying issue.

In certain matches, the character stays in hitstun for 10 minutes or higher which is very annoying. And the other one only seems to be happening when I put the characters against the Baldi char by MUGENYKUN. This glitch involves Baldi somehow bypassing the armor and the sprite of the char Baldi's attacking becomes several times smaller as it's swirling in the air alongside his ruler. However, this doesn't happen to characters that already had super armor when I downloaded it. I'm not sure what's making theirs work and not mine, because I don't exactly understand it all.

All I know is that the problem of getting the armor to work is very frustrating because it just WON'T.

I used Broly and Asgore ver.s as examples of the issue in images, but I don't know how to use this website so I'm pasting the State -2 code I added to Broly:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
And here's the rest that isn't State -2:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:06:30 am by Odb718
Re: Super/Hyper Armor glitch
#2  January 09, 2019, 12:11:48 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
When you say it just WONT work, do you mean it doesn't work at all?
Just from reading it, it seems solid. I'm not too familiar with working with super armor but it seems like it should be fine.

I'd suggest using debug, Ctrl+D, to see what states everything is in when it messes up.
You may also want to use CTRL+C to see the hitboxes.
One thing I'd think to do is comment out the invisibility for the helper and make sure everything is working the way it should be, then commenting the invisibility back in. Just guessing if something's working or not working doesn't work the best.

As for the Baldi issues, I've only looked at some video of the character, but I doubt it's the best character to judge if your character is working properly.

Try to come up with a set way to test your character and find out what states are causing the issues.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  January 09, 2019, 01:36:48 pm
    • UK
Thanks for the help. But do I like... just press CTRL+D/C ingame?
#4  January 09, 2019, 04:28:03 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
yeah, it'll cycle debug through the characters, including helpers. You get a set of basic info and you can also use DisplayToClipboard to display some values you'd like.
Ctrl+C displays Collision boxes.
There are a few buttons, F1 F2 F3 & F4 get used a lot in testing. The Spacebar gets used the most by me.
Pause, F12. More than a few. But Ctrl+D and C are good for debugging purposes.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv