Share this topic:

Mog

Re: Ask The_None
#3021  November 04, 2014, 12:20:00 am
Do you need more time?
#3022  November 04, 2014, 03:08:41 am
  • For honor!
* Do you consider yourself to be any good at Devil May Cry 3?

* Any good movies happen in Poland lately or is it still a far cry from what Polish Cinema once was?

* How liberating does it feel when one discovers that he is capable of creating and animating sprites adequately?
Iroha stripped for me
#3023  November 04, 2014, 03:48:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Once again it's night time here, and while writing this post I've been feeling so tired it will show a LOT here.
Your thoughts on the YT kids' inferior attempts at aping your Retarded Character Showcase series?
What other creepypastas would you have loved to reference in your Giygas?
Your thoughts on that new Hatred game?
Do you think that your jabs at the video game industry in your YTPs fly over the heads of your younger viewers?
Why isn't Haiji Mibu from Daraku Tenshi referenced in your Uppercut char? I mean, he'd have fit in nicely.
Do you think that Aracdboy may be smarter than his "My Reaction To SSB7 Wii U Bitch" posts make him out to be?
Childhood video games?
Fave cartoons?
Fave anime?
Do you feel that WAAAAAY too many people only remember you for DBK and not your other equally nutty and innovative works?
  • I can't believe kids are still doing those.
  • To be honest I barely pay much attention to what is up in creepypastas and was only really referencing them for my lack of other ideas.
  • It reminds me I myself had a rather interesting idea to twist on the Postal concept, and Hatred doesn't seem to be quite it, but who knows. Thats all I can say about the game itself, too tired to weigh in on the controversy surrounding it.
  • A lot of the things tend to fly over the heads of my younger viewers in general. Among things I did this short little video and not ONE of the YT kids have caught on that the video was made in John Turk's (the portrayer of MK3 Sub-Zero) 50th birthday.
  • Either I forgot about that or did not realize it.
  • Aracdboy is either the dumbest person on this planet or the most genius troll in the universe. But at least when he's dumb, it's charming. It's an innocent type of dumb. And that's what makes him so cool.
  • There were certainly too many to count during that time of my life so for now I'd probably mention two titles here. Brutal: Paws of Fury is an all-anthromorphic fighting game which attempted to try few ideas executed in a way that ended up crippling it (Between matches you'd attempt to learn a new move. The thing is you start out with no special moves at all and the first move you had to learn is a taunt with a stupidly difficult command). It also happened to be possibly the first game I've ever tried on an Amiga. On the subject of "first games on a platform" I'd also mention Shogo:Mobile Armored Division, whose demos I saw running on an IBM PC on a computer shop have pretty much convinced me to get a PC myself.
  • On my childhood I used to be pretty big on cartoons, and as of this moment Dexter's Laboratory, Looney Tunes, Beavis & Butt-Head, Freakazoid and many others, this list would probably grow larger by the time I'd revisit more shows.
  • I don't think I've watched any anime series that would merit being included here for long enough so if feature length movies are also viable I'd probably just mention Akira here. List may possibly expand in the future.
  • I'd think it may not be that easy to tell, few of my characters actually trump DBK when it comes to downloadcount but considering many of these characters were also updated at least once, I dunno I think I'd probably answer this question again as I really want to sleep, I've been writing this post for over 4 hours now.
Hey good to see you around here, mingling with the common folk ;)

-What is your 'dream' Mugen project considering you would have access to the sprites you desire/require + infinite time and motivation?
-Just how many people have come forth to you suggesting a collaboration with them/how many project offers did you have to say 'no' to?
-Which of your project releases are you most proud of?
-if you were cloned and we had double The_Nones, would this ultimately be a good or a bad thing?
-There's still 2 months left, but so far, did you keep any newyear's resolves you might have made the start of this year?
-Do you agree a song can't be a GREAT song if it lacks a guitar solo?

Keep it up, dude!
  • There surely are plenty of those. One of which I'll mention here is an original IP fullgame with a premise of an artist attempting a brainstorming idea by hosting an imaginary tournament inside his head. A small part of the cast I've considered happens to be partly inspired by some of the things from my pasts, including a stuffed toy, a silly Quake 3 Arena I did (reproduce from memory there), and even a number of unfinished and unreleased Most_Mysterious-era characters (I can't believe I forgot to brought this up back when I was answering Dr.Kelexo's unfinished characters question.)
  • I think I remember one guy asking me on whenever I'd feel like doing something using his spriterips, and back then I was probably too busy to follow through. As for the people I did agree to collaborate with, I think I can count to around 9 if my memory isn't fooling me.
  • I'd say Beavis would take the cake. He's a kind of a character I'd wish I could have executed that well some time earlier. Segalow and Shaq also deserve honorable mentions too I'd guess.
  • As with anything in life these days, this can be a rather double edged sword.
  • I hoped to churn out a Butt-Head, a remade Dink Smallwood and this one female character I wanted to do but as it turns out only the first of these has any chance it making it this year. Oh well. With how rather crappy years tend to be these days I can't recall giving myself any other resolutions.
  • It may depend.

Was Dink's killing of his aunt's abusive husband justified?
A guy who treats his spouse's nephew like an uninvited jerk (even accusing him of an affair, sounds like a guy who switched mates after being already married) and kenshiros the fuck out of his spouse does seem pretty suspect. Not the happiest of conclusions but....

man we dont talk much about games you actually enjoy, what is your favorite fighting game, rpg, and first-person shooter games? and i guess any other genres you have games you would mention in?
Keep in mind there are plenty of games I'd still like to try but have yet to find time to start and hopefully beat them due to how little time I tend to leave myself for games due to how often I try to focus on getting my mugen/video work done even though I was not always able to stay consistently motivated, maybe I should reconsider my approach to time management to cut down on days I end up spend most of my home time pretty much browsing the net. :P (It's also for this reason I don't often play "lengthy" games like how rpgs and sandbox games usually tend to be, but who knows, maybe I'd rectify that one day). So anyway here are the select specimen and I hope this list would be further expanded in the future, either by playing more games I'd end up liking or deciding some of the games I've played before I liked enough to be included here:
  • First Person Shooter:Doom, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life 1
  • Third Person Shooter:Max Payne
  • Roleplaying:Deus Ex
  • Figthing:King of Fighters XIII, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Garou:Mark Of The Wolves
  • Stealth-based:Thief II:The Metal Age, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Hitman: Blood Money, Metal Gear Solid 1
  • Strategy:Worms: Armageddon (if it counts), Battlezone, FTL:Faster Than Light (if it counts)
  • Racing:Split/Second: Velocity, Trackmania
  • "Character Action" or whatever these kinds of games are called:Devil May Cry 3
  • Puzzle:Lemmings
  • Survival Horror:Resident Evil 4 (it says a bit about how much of a blast this game was even when played through that infamous SourceNext PC port with keyboard only when I didn't felt like waiting for my brother to get back my Joypad he tends to trade to his buddies without ever consulting me)
  • Space-Sim:X-Wing Alliance

By your personality, what video game protagonist trait do you think you have?
In your opinion, what is the best occupation to have in a video game?
If you can go back in time for about 30 minutes, where would you go to, and what would you do?

• I've never been good at describing myself in person so I don't think I'm able to give concise answer on that one. Assuming you've meant what would possibly be my character traits. But if you've meant of what kind of stats and mechanics a character accurately based on me would have, then I barely have much of an idea either. My luck stat would probably not be very high after my personal experience, although that may be just me.
  • I have a feeling there may be an occupation that can profit a lot in a videogameland, but I cannot pinpoint exactly what that would happen to be. I have dibs on a business owner. (If the game and the setting would allow it)
  • Even knowing that my time travel alterations may have some consequences, I have nothing.

-What's the basic stuff is needed to make chars like you do, apart of knowing about MUGEN basics??
-I want your opinion about The Ninja. Apart of the feedback in the thread, what do you think this need to be closest to your creations?? Also I want to make a "The Ninja" series in a future based on other MK ninjas in this style (and some extras), but I'm not sure about that, not to mention to update The Ninja in a close future
-A question I made to Insanius originally, but I think you can answer this time:
-Do you think Earthworm Jim TV series is a cult classic and why hadn't released outside US since the games are successful worldwide??
-Have you played Joy Mech Fight from NES?? Do you think this is the best NES fighting game of all time, and why Nintendo doesn't include Sukapon on SSB series (apart of his trophy on SSB Melee)??
  • You asked a guy who happens to be not quite able of explaining his own brand of magic. And besides, I wouldn't exactly call most of my stuff "basic", as I tend to give some nuances in places to further add some bit of depth.
  • It's may be just me feeling REALLY tired at the time of this post but this coupled with the reason above I'm afraid I'm not able to explain it. Sorry to disappoint you.
  • Possibly. Also I'm not sure are you asking me about where the series ever received home releases (which only recently was released in a DVD in the US and Australia. Doug TenNapel's apparent dissatisfaction with the cartoon may have something to do with that) or when the series was ever aired outside of the states (I can certainly remember it airing on a German and Polish TV channels).
  • I think I can vaguely recall trying it out some time ago but one day I'd certainly reevaluate it. Also - trophies aside - I don't think Nintendo has ever featured anything from any franchise that didn't left outside Japan.
Do you need more time?
Some of the things tend to take me ages, like writing this post (much to my dismay).

I wanted to sleep so much that I'll answer Iced's, Trinitronity's, Daniel's and Arpa's questions later.
* Do you consider yourself to be any good at Devil May Cry 3?

* Any good movies happen in Poland lately or is it still a far cry from what Polish Cinema once was?

* How liberating does it feel when one discovers that he is capable of creating and animating sprites adequately?
  • It's been a while since the last time I played it but by the I've been replaying as Vergil shortly after beating it once as Dante I can recall things going reasonably smoothly, certainly smooth enough to transition into DMC4 without much trouble.
  • I have so little faith in Polish Cinema that I haven't paid much attention to it for quite some time. Suffice to say I'm not optimistic.
  • Maybe that's just a disililusioned me with motivational problems but I felt more liberated when I discovered I could swim all along. I dunno, maybe learning to shade adequately would make me more proud.
Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:51:16 pm by The_None
#3024  November 04, 2014, 02:31:57 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Favorite and least favorite Street Fighter character and why?
Favorite and least favorite KOF/NGBC character and why?
You still have contact with Most_Mysterious?
Any plans on what your next "original" character could be (and with original, I meant things like Segalow and OTW)?
Any plans on updating some of Most_Mysterious other characters?
If you were to make a collab with someone you haven't collaborated with, who would it be and what character would that collab be?
Just in case you missed it.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#3025  November 04, 2014, 02:47:03 pm
What is the one thing you wished Mugen had from a coding perspective?
#3026  November 04, 2014, 03:40:29 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Just in case you missed it.
He didn't, he was just tired to answer as he said in the end, he'll answer you later

Possibly. Also I'm not sure are you asking me about where the series ever received home releases (which only recently was released in a DVD in the US and Australia. Doug TenNapel's apparent dissatisfaction with the cartoon may have something to do with that) or when the series was ever aired outside of the states (I can certainly remember it airing on a German and Polish TV channels).
I think both, at least for me I never saw it more than in english language or at least subbed in another languages (in Chile and Latin America in general EWJ games were very famous but that didn't mean the cartoon came here) and the only VHS/DVD releases were in english only and for US and Australia. As a curious tip, Dan Castellaneta, who made Jim voice in the series, also made it for ClayFighter 63 1/3 and Sculptor's Cut games

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3027  November 04, 2014, 09:00:07 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

It's a pretty general question, but strays from the videogame questions people usually toss out.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#3028  November 04, 2014, 10:59:04 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
What's it like to be mistakenly credited for making UMKT Shang Tsung and Alter Amiba when both chars were Melvana's ideas?

Do you still dream of converting Dexter and Johnny Bravo somewhere down the line?

Worst MUGEN era in your opinion?

You and Meldo have caught some flak for that Tumblr page what points out some of the weird shit being done by the kids who run that one MUGEN wiki (i.e. Weegee's auto-troll-phic posts, Josh Geary wishing he was an administrator, and that Jellypus char's cringe-inducing "I hate Haruhi and want Rainbow Dash as my girlfriend HEY DANIEL I MENTIONED HARUHI CUZ YOU LIKE HER LOLOLOLOL!!!!!111" bio. Your thoughts on this?

Even though you spilled the beans on your being Most_Mysterious in the description of your Dink Smallwood storyboard vid ("My 14-year old self made this shit," I believe you said), kids still think that you and MM are separate entities. Thoughts?
#3029  November 04, 2014, 11:53:07 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#3030  November 05, 2014, 12:02:32 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
because he is obssesed with them
#3031  November 05, 2014, 12:08:13 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
You and Meldo have caught some flak for that Tumblr page what points out some of the weird shit being done by the kids who run that one MUGEN wiki (i.e. Weegee's auto-troll-phic posts, Josh Geary wishing he was an administrator, and that Jellypus char's cringe-inducing "I hate Haruhi and want Rainbow Dash as my girlfriend HEY DANIEL I MENTIONED HARUHI CUZ YOU LIKE HER LOLOLOLOL!!!!!111" bio.
:behead:
#3032  November 05, 2014, 12:09:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#3033  November 05, 2014, 12:14:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Favorite and least favorite Street Fighter character and why?
Favorite and least favorite KOF/NGBC character and why?
You still have contact with Most_Mysterious?
Any plans on what your next "original" character could be (and with original, I meant things like Segalow and OTW)?
Any plans on updating some of Most_Mysterious other characters?
If you were to make a collab with someone you haven't collaborated with, who would it be and what character would that collab be?
  • I generally have trouble answering these kinds of questions so I'll just say I liked using Yang and Alex the most. Sakura I had the hardest time understanding why she ever exists.
  • The above also applies to KOF so I'll just ,mention Ash, Kim, Raiden, and few others characters I especially liked using.

• Zach, I keep seeing people wondering about you. At least this new guy wasn't asking about that paperclip.
  • I've mentioned recently that I wanted to do a fullgame, I also had a few thoughts like bringing a character from a canceled fullgame to vanilla mugen or just someone new completely.
  • As I've mentioned before I'd like to remake Dink Smallwood, and he wasn't the only M_M character I've considered giving a complete overhaul. Other possible candidates were my childhood stickman Kung Fu Fiunn (simplistic artstyle which wouldn't be too hard to sprite in, he'd probably even serve as a guinea thing for using a 3D modeling/animation program for sprites) and Franko (his source game's crude artstyle may have encouraged that choice) but ultimately I chose Dink Smallwood because 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of my presence in the mugen community and I thought it would be a good idea to overhaul the character I debuted with. I may not be able to make it with 2014 (with how long it's been taking me to develop other stuff that has been taking my time) but I'm still serious about this, just so I would show some people how far I've progressed as a mugen author.
  • I may be learning graphics with Beavis and Butt-Head but it would be nice if I'd get a spriter who would do full characters rather than sub-bosses to do other characters I wanted to do this year (a remade Dink Smallwood) or at least help me with few graphics-related aspects like shading, that's one of the things I have trouble nailing it at the moment.

Never had the chance to ask this before but do you mind parts of your code being used into other works, Do you mind having a few gameplay elements from your characters borrowed?

What do you feel is the problem with "lel random" types of characters?
  • As long as there would be used properly/correctly (otherwise we get stuff like Cliff's Sub-Zero) I wouldn't mind. In fact I am kind of surprised that apparently not many authors if ever used my innovations (unless I'm wrong), although that may be the fault of me not documenting/commenting on my code lol.
  • The most I could say is that more often than not the lesser developers of these kinds of characters more often than not put much more "effort" into uninspired brand of "humour" (which usually happens to be simple references just cause rather than something that would actually go together well, to say nothing of not coming up with something with a more universal appeal) than properly designing/coding the characters. To further elaborate would require me to be capable of explaining my brand of magic, which I'm told it's impossible to explain even if I'd be otherwise capable of articulating on every other topic. Suffice to say, you don't go Seth McFarlane/Alex Ahad/Chris Faiella/Anthony Burch.
    Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What is the one thing you wished Mugen had from a coding perspective?

Well I can recall few proficient in coding mugen authors lamenting a number of limitations in the engine, I'd wish I remembered what exactly their gripes were.
From things I do remember, a less convoluted way to do loops, real-time character sprite cropping (and masking functions in general), changing the display name on the fly, more control over hit states and being able to detect the current sprite number would be nice.
Oh, and the engine not crashing if the Target-- state controllers were called when two characters would get hit at the same time. As of now, let's just say there is quite a reason on why I put disclaimers on my characters' readmes about them not being suited for simul mode.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

It's a pretty general question, but strays from the videogame questions people usually toss out.
Well...... nothing in my life seems to be certain, many things can happen during in this timeframe (Myself from 10 years ago would never have thought I'd go as far as I did now), so there may be tiny chances that I'd end up being in a place I would have never predicted being.
One of the more optimistic scenarios involves me and a company I'd get along with doing cutting edge games (I have been aspiring to be a designer ever since my childhood), but with how shaky things are looking to be in the industry, chances are I may find some alternate career choice, even with a possibility of me alternating working on games and this other thing every now and then, and I have yet to fully decide on what that would be. Doing music was one of my considerations but I get a lot of second thoughts as soon as I have trouble making out good songs in my head (altho that may be just because I have yet to actually try composing), but when I do decide on that, I'd probably also enjoy making cover art and music videos for my stuff. In fact, I've been considering sort of retiring from mugen for at least two years now (I'd prefer for that to happen after I'd finish Butt-Head, Nu-Dink and this one other character I'll keep a secret for now) partly to move on with my life and leave myself with much more time to try out other things that would hopefully further define me as a person, altho' many would also suggest I'd just reconsider my approach to home time management, and they may not be wrong.
And that's when I don't end up fulfilling one of dozens of much less fortunate scenarios, really not the kind of stuff you would like to hear (and I'd really hate it to happen). My pessimism is rather well known among some of those who get to know me and so far the last few years don't do a good job of dissuading me much from it, to say it kindly.
Whatever the case, I think I can probably guarantee one thing:
Don't expect me to continue doing mugen content by then.

Alright, as it's 00:04 here and I have to get to sleep early as I have to wake up early the next day, I'll answer JAG92's and Iced's questions later. The latter especially merits a rather good answer from me I'd like to have more time to think up a good answer (and I'd guess it would further help if I would not be that much tired).
Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:23:19 am by The_None
#3034  November 05, 2014, 12:20:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Favorite character that's everyone's favorite character?

Will you ever make Shanaqaris?
Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:53:54 am by Jesuszilla
#3035  November 05, 2014, 02:25:48 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
- what is your next mugen achievement the_none?
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:31:11 am by Lith
#3036  November 05, 2014, 07:58:36 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Last Edit: Yesterday, 07:31 PM by Lith

Why?

#3037  November 05, 2014, 10:12:02 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
removed the off topic stuff and left his question in
#3038  November 05, 2014, 10:18:40 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Oh, then that's perfectly acceptable!

#3039  November 05, 2014, 11:01:17 pm
Well I can recall few proficient in coding mugen authors lamenting a number of limitations in the engine, I'd wish I remembered what exactly their gripes were.
From things I do remember, a less convoluted way to do loops, real-time character sprite cropping (and masking functions in general), changing the display name on the fly, more control over hit states and being able to detect the current sprite number would be nice.
Oh, and the engine not crashing if the Target-- state controllers were called when two characters would get hit at the same time. As of now, let's just say there is quite a reason on why I put disclaimers on my characters' readmes about them not being suited for simul mode.

Amazing how so many little features would make Mugen coding less of a pain.

Spoiler: sorry for reviving off topic shit (click to see content)
#3040  November 06, 2014, 12:53:13 am
who's next