YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 380709 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#161  April 15, 2016, 09:17:03 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
They're just revealing them in sequence like before.

SNT

#162  April 16, 2016, 12:07:18 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
They didn't reveal them in sequence, though. They got gameplay trailers in sequence, but the first six we got were I, III, VI, VII, XIII, XIV. What sort of order is that?
#163  June 17, 2016, 10:47:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Really hoped we would see something new about FF Dissidia on the E3, also still no news about a console port. =/
#164  June 18, 2016, 05:06:20 am
Still no tactics representative?
#165  June 18, 2016, 05:32:27 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#166  June 21, 2016, 12:41:42 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-new-character-reveal-set-june-27
Square Enix will reveal a new villain character set to join its Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade game during a Niconico live stream on Monday, June 27 at 21:00 JST.

More specifically, the broadcast will feature information about the June 30-due version update, which will include a new character, adjustments to existing characters, and so on, as well as details about an official tournament happening this summer.

The most recent character to be added to Dissidia Final Fantasy was Garland (pictured), the game’s first character from the Chaos side (as opposed to Cosmos characters). That said, it is likely this new character will also be from the Chaos sid
#167  June 21, 2016, 12:45:49 pm
I didn't see that Garland close-up before. He looks fantastic.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

SNT

#168  June 27, 2016, 02:33:02 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Niconico stream is on now, they're going through patchnotes.

Also we've been told the new character is a Shoot-type, and they've been playing The Extreme in the background all show.

It's Kefka. I feel viciously deceived.

Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:23:54 pm by SNT
#169  June 27, 2016, 08:48:44 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Going off sequence for the villains? okay.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

SNT

#170  June 28, 2016, 01:44:49 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
They didn't reveal them in sequence, though. They got gameplay trailers in sequence, but the first six we got were I, III, VI, VII, XIII, XIV. What sort of order is that?
#171  July 19, 2016, 03:34:32 pm
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-new-character-reveal-set-july-25
Dissidia Final Fantasy for arcades will add its next new character via an update on July 28, Square Enix announced. The character will be revealed during a Niconico broadcast (link currently not available) on July 25 at 21:00 JST.

The update will also see adjustments to the battle score, as well as the addition of Sanctuarium shop items, and bug fixes.

The last two new characters to join Dissidia Final Fantasy were Garland from Final Fantasy I and Kefka Palazzo from Final Fantasy VI. That said, this month’s new character reveal is likely another villain character.
#172  July 19, 2016, 03:39:51 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hmph. seems we won't see a console version before mid? 2017. Hoped we would have a Playstation 4 port at this time already.
#173  July 19, 2016, 03:43:27 pm
The rhythm for new characters isn't all that good, and they're probably trying to get the cast of the first game at the very least before they even start doing anything on console. Then it'll depend on what kind of expansion capability they want to give the console version. Either very few updates, in which case they'll wait even longer for the first console version ; or packs, like a Duodecim pack, which means long wait time between each pack ; or like the arcade, one at a time every few months. All in all, the problem is the time it takes for even one character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#174  July 25, 2016, 03:19:38 pm
    • Netherlands

I really thought they'd get the villains out of the way first but here's Kain.
#175  August 05, 2016, 04:07:24 pm
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dissidia-final-fantasy-new-character-battle-gods-content-reveal-set-august-27
Square Enix will host a “Dissidia Final Fantasy Finals Tournament and Special Session” at the Maihama Amphitheater in Chiba on August 27 where it is planning various announcements.

The event will consist of two parts. The first part, which runs from 13:15 to 16:30 JST, is the Dissidia Final Fantasy Finals Tournament, which will see the top 16 teams in Japan battle it out for victory.

The second part, which runs from 17:00 to 19:30 JST, is the “Special Session,” which promises “all sorts of new information” and features Square Enix staff Ichirou Hazama, Takeo Kujiraoka, and even Tetsuya Nomura. Expected reveals include:

A new character announcement – someone who has not yet appeared in previous Dissidia Final Fantasy titles.
    The gods Chaos and Cosmos will finally make an appearance in the new content, “Battle of the Gods.
#176  August 05, 2016, 04:09:55 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ I bet 100 bucks that it will be Noctis. Anyone wanna bet against it?
#177  August 05, 2016, 04:31:40 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Now why would they release a star character from a game that suppose to come out in a couple of months.
There is tons of characters they can pick from that hasn't been in Dissidia.

Think about this Lightning didn't appear in the first Dissidia game. Final Fantasy XIII came out in 2009. Lightning didn't appear until the next Dissidia game two years after FFXIII was released.

Noctis probably won't show up until some time after FFXV is released.

Edit: I see them using Noctis as the main marketing tool if they ever release Dissidia out on console.
Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:35:37 pm by Insigniawarfare
#178  August 05, 2016, 04:41:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, good edit, they ahve been promoting the shit out of noctis, considering he even has his own anime series.
#179  August 06, 2016, 02:17:15 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

SNT

#180  August 06, 2016, 06:16:05 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
There's no need to act like there isn't a case for it not being Noctis. The first Dissidia didn't include Lightning, with the claim that putting her in would've been spoilers for FFXIII. That's just as good an excuse for Noctis not making the cut this time.

That said, it will probably be Noctis. Can't know for sure until the end of the month.