YesNoOk

Urotsuki (Yume 2kki) Project Thread (Read 4704 times)

Started by NovaMagnolia, September 26, 2023, 10:22:18 pm
Share this topic:
Urotsuki (Yume 2kki) Project Thread
#1  September 26, 2023, 10:22:18 pm
character select portrait by my friend, hidamari789

Hey everyone! Some of you may know me as the author behind Pencil, my first character that I released around a month or two ago. While I had several ideas for characters I could make after Pencil's release, the one character I eventually settled on was Urotsuki.

Urotsuki is the main protagonist of Yume 2kki, a fangame of Yume Nikki. She spends the vast majority of the game in her dreams, exploring various worlds that her subconscious harbors. Urotsuki can acquire many different transformations, known as Effects, that she can use, which is the basis of her moveset.

Like Pencil, Urotsuki is planned to be a 6 button character with 4 attack buttons, a Unique Skill button, and a button that acts as a shortcut for both kicks. She is also planned to have an alternative 3 button control scheme, and an altered version of Pencil's OTG system that will account for Urotsuki's slower walkspeed.

All I have for Urotsuki now are her Idle, Walking, and Crouch animations, but I hope to make more sprites for her soon!