Progress (Read 667514 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#581  March 26, 2013, 05:13:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's a fighting game, who care's about a story mode for an anime we all know about already ? That's too tiresome to consider IMO, unless Neocide is REALLY motivated.
In the best case, I'll be happy with a winquote and intro dialogue box à la SVC. That'd be more than enough without putting too much strain on Neocide.
#582  March 26, 2013, 06:44:40 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
yeah, story mode would be just TOO MUCH, I agree with Cybaster about winquotes, like in AvX, besides it's DBZ we're talking about, we'd spent more time on the story than fighting.

#583  March 26, 2013, 08:30:42 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Don't have any plans for a story mode atm, too many other things to do to worry about something so minimal in a fighting game, seeing as how I have to do so much on my own.
#584  March 27, 2013, 07:45:50 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Don't even worry about it dude, like someone said earlier super dbz is one of the best DBZ fighting games and it doesn't have a story mode either. Just focus on the game play.
#585  April 04, 2013, 01:33:33 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
4-3-13

I'm gearing up to hopefully put out gohan and cell this month. I finished all of gohan's specials just about. Cell needs one super that cyanide is doing for me and then I'll do his intro's and win poses and he's done. Gohan will need his supers and intros and win poses and he'll be finished, either I'll release them together or separate haven't decided. I made a few videos of gohan, I have to convert them and upload them later to show.

probably send out betas of gohan and cell to a few (you know who you are ;) )  before I release. Also in case no one seen it in my other topic. I'm looking for people to do english voices who can mimic the abridged cast. if you think you can lemme me know by dropping a pm or leaving a comment here or whatnot.
#586  April 04, 2013, 02:00:55 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Great news Neo! Can't wait fot those two

#587  April 04, 2013, 08:09:54 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
little update, NoZ has been working hard on the screenpack here's a little sample of the select screen in game

Some of the small portraits are placeholders until I make the real ones. But so far so good.
#588  April 04, 2013, 08:40:11 pm
    • France
    • https://misterr07world.go.zd.fr/
nice work !   :2thumbsup:
just the cursors, they seem badly placed....

maybe the vegeta's head seems too big also
#589  April 04, 2013, 09:11:33 pm
    • Argentina
Wow, the screenpack looking really good!
#590  April 04, 2013, 10:01:09 pm
I agree! The screenpack looks really great!

A question, will the small portraits be like Goku's, Vegeta's and Piccolo's? I mean you can see the faces in those, so I thought...
#591  April 05, 2013, 12:31:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yes. they are also the vs portraits too as they get bigger there. As far as vegeta's head. he's always had a huge forehead. That's just vegeta in general.  the cursor I showed is actually them being picked.

here's what they look like before being selected

Also bit of bad news, going to have to remove broli and bojack because they sorta ruin the screenpack due to being resized through mugen. (it resizes their small big and lifebar portraits.) only way to fix any of that, is to find the right size they'd have to be before resizing in mugen, which is a lot of trial and error that neither I or NoZ want to do tbh.

if someone wants to try, lemme know.
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:02:42 am by Neocide
#592  April 05, 2013, 01:34:45 am
looks not bad but i liked some of your older select screen the ones with the black background
#593  April 05, 2013, 02:11:39 am
    • France
I'm not entirely sure, but for a fullgame like this, wouldn't it be better to use the same localcoord for everybody (since I guess you've created a template with system stuff common to everybody, and having different localcoords could ruin the vels/pos) ?

Resizing, in this case, would be done through scaling in the constants, which does not affect the big/small portraits size.

Better ask confirmation to Cyanide, but that's the way I see it.

Not a big fan of the "OK" logo not being centered on the small portrait, looks odd to me.
Also, wouldn't it make sense to have all big portraits at the same "scale"? By that, I mean that Frieza has a much bigger head than Cell for the big portraits, which doesn't not represent his real size, i.e. Frieza and Cell are not displayed as the same scale.
#594  April 05, 2013, 02:56:19 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Not a big fan of the "OK" logo not being centered on the small portrait, looks odd to me.
Also, wouldn't it make sense to have all big portraits at the same "scale"? By that, I mean that Frieza has a much bigger head than Cell for the big portraits, which doesn't not represent his real size, i.e. Frieza and Cell are not displayed as the same scale.

The only portraits here that are final are Vegeta, Goku and Piccolo. The rest is just a bunch of place holders so dont pay attention to them.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#595  April 05, 2013, 03:08:14 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he's talking about the big ones. Which I agree with as far as the frieza one goes. and the same can be said about the ok thing as well. X and Y scaling doesn't give you the same scaling as Localcoord does. and it was only 16 broli and bojack that were using it, and they all had the same ratio for that.''

Although to keep the style the same the size ratio of everyone can't be kept entirely the same. as the portrait for ssj2 gohan is almost as big as mostly everyone else, when we know that not to be the case. But frieza's sticks out more so than gohan's since gohan is centered a bit differently (he appears to look shorter than most)
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:15:58 am by Neocide

NoZ

#596  April 05, 2013, 07:52:10 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
UPDATE

Frieza port updated,also added dlc slots for future updates in the roster,the ok select cursor will be fixed ;)
#597  April 05, 2013, 08:26:01 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sick man, just to clean. Great stuff as always.
#598  April 05, 2013, 09:27:02 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
That Select screen is Beautiful!!
I know you don't wanna add a story mode but that idea of dialouge between characters Ala SvC would be preety sweet!
Great job guys!

GLB

#599  April 05, 2013, 09:29:03 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Love the DLC slots, very great idea.
#600  April 06, 2013, 12:05:46 am
    • France
Very nice. :)