YesNoOk

Blair Dame, Arika's Darling Fighter, now at v. 0.8 (still latest version! 9/27) (Read 43658 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, August 29, 2008, 11:49:13 pm
Share this topic:
Blair Dame, Arika's Darling Fighter, now at v. 0.8 (still latest version! 9/27)
#1  August 29, 2008, 11:49:13 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
All righty, guys. Been working on this one pretty hard, but in the end it was all really
fun and taught me a helluva lot.

Introducing the fourth/fifth (depending on your point of view) Blair Dame for MUGEN!

C&C always appreciated as usual.

Also, in case you didn't know, I'm going on a sort of break from MUGEN. I'll actively update my characters whenever I can, and I'm looking hard for another project to do. (I may try stages or lifebars, but I'm more inclined to do characters.)

Found a new project to tackle, will post in my WIP thread with stuff laterz!

If you need to get a hold of me, PM me and I'll respond ASAP.

All right, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a87d91a2d5216fc6ab1eab3e9fa335ca8b4369f0a61d372e
(Though it is v. 0. 8, it's actually supposed to BE the latest version - check most recent post for details.)
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 02:50:29 am by Zero-Sennin
Re: Blair Dame, Arika's Darling Fighter (v. 0.3) finally released.
#2  August 30, 2008, 01:49:00 am
She look`s very sexy i like this  :sugoi:
#3  August 30, 2008, 01:59:56 am
    • clubsyn-x-treme.net/Rev2.1/index.php?topic=32.0
not off to a bad start, the big portrait is hurting though
#4  August 30, 2008, 04:37:48 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Well, good news. After the better part of an hour...I finally got a decent big portrait. I'll upload it tomorrow - by which time I may have one of the new moves (from Fighting Layer) implemented.
Thank god for emulators - that's all I can say right now.

OK, see ya'll in the mornin'. Be cool, hear?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.

Gio

#5  August 30, 2008, 04:43:21 am
    • youtube.com/giopagent112
Wow, didn't test it yet but she looks very sexy.
Even though she is sexy, I hope this isn't a hentai character, because if so, yeah..<_<
#6  August 30, 2008, 04:51:14 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Wow, didn't test it yet but she looks very sexy.
Even though she is sexy, I hope this isn't a hentai character, because if so, yeah..<_<

She's clean, I swear. 150%. Man's honor.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Gio

#7  August 30, 2008, 05:37:18 am
    • youtube.com/giopagent112
alright, i'll download. ;D
Blaire Dame
#8  August 30, 2008, 12:37:43 pm
    • www.JonnyTanna.com
Hi

Is this an update to Kod's or Dampir & Ryou Win's?

NOt sure which one to update
#9  August 30, 2008, 12:39:12 pm
    • Thailand
Read the first post it explains pretty well.  :)
#10  August 30, 2008, 03:32:23 pm
  • And Who Has Time for Tears?
I'm sorry but can u upload Blair Dame to a Mirror link Please ::)

I hate RapidShare --;
#11  August 30, 2008, 03:42:36 pm
    • Thailand
I will post some feedback very soon for you... :gugoi:

-Use a regular Notepad document for the readme it's much easier for people to open and read it.

-The walking of Blair Feels extremely Slow and unbearable as is the Running,

- changes to invalid state when doing grab with heavy kick also the animation you chose out of the required sprites does ot go with the move.

-One his spark?  o_O

-No jumping running landing sounds?

-I see you tried to be extremely air with the Blue clsn, but i think it's to big.

-Fix the After images on the Evasion manuevers with the a+x buttons

-The charging doesn;t look to pleasant MvC sliding effects is what i saw, i suggest adding actual charging sprites and more hitsparks while your at it. atleast that much FX is necessary.

-F, D, DF, A/B/C – Lightning Knee – Anti-air knee attack.= Too much damage IMO on the high version also the high version feels very very weird, like you have the first hit of it suck the opponent in.   o_O

-D, DF, F, A/B/C – Sliding Arrow = Blair is of of the ground when doing this move he axis is not good, i think you should fix it.
In addition i think the high version does too much damage and, the moves has too long a hit pause on the beginning hits.

-D, DB, B, A/B/C – Shoot Kick  too slow it doesn't add to the damage counter and the opponent can attack you with a light punch while you're in the middle of dong it

-One Pallet o_O

-Low Kick ha a D on the Hitflag and the others don't made me to believe that was a mistake.

-F, D, DF, X/Y/Z -Feel weird and i again i hink it does too much damage on the high version.

-i suggest adding so width o some of your basics attacks and  speacials you get confused as to which side you'll be on while in the corner while doing the moves. 

- The High punch animation is slow

-Mirage Combo Kick – D, DF, F, D, DF, F, X/Y/Z Hyper does too much damage, on each level 300 for the low and 525 for th high version. :o

-Spin Side Shoot– D, DF, F, D, DF, F, A/B/C  to much damage i got 625 on the high version.

-bYakko in the readme is i believe you want to say  [E]/maximilianjenus

I think this need much more Work, and FX, although fx is not important to the actual gameplay more than one hitspark and pallet would be nice very nice. and making the moves feel a bit more natural is needed IMO.

Thats my feedback Goodluck on you finishing her.

Cheers,Rajaa  :sugoi:
Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 04:14:13 pm by Rajaa
#12  August 30, 2008, 06:03:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have not had enough time to sort through my images, sorry.
#13  August 30, 2008, 08:36:08 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I will post some feedback very soon for you... :gugoi:

-Use a regular Notepad document for the readme it's much easier for people to open and read it.

-The walking of Blair Feels extremely Slow and unbearable as is the Running,

- changes to invalid state when doing grab with heavy kick also the animation you chose out of the required sprites does not go with the move.

-One his spark?  o_O

-No jumping running landing sounds?

-I see you tried to be extremely air with the Blue clsn, but i think it's to big.

-Fix the After images on the Evasion manuevers with the a+x buttons

-The charging doesn;t look to pleasant MvC sliding effects is what i saw, i suggest adding actual charging sprites and more hitsparks while your at it. atleast that much FX is necessary.

-F, D, DF, A/B/C – Lightning Knee – Anti-air knee attack.= Too much damage IMO on the high version also the high version feels very very weird, like you have the first hit of it suck the opponent in.   o_O

-D, DF, F, A/B/C – Sliding Arrow = Blair is of of the ground when doing this move he axis is not good, i think you should fix it.
In addition i think the high version does too much damage and, the moves has too long a hit pause on the beginning hits.

-D, DB, B, A/B/C – Shoot Kick  too slow it doesn't add to the damage counter and the opponent can attack you with a light punch while you're in the middle of dong it

-One Pallet o_O

-Low Kick ha a D on the Hitflag and the others don't made me to believe that was a mistake.

-F, D, DF, X/Y/Z -Feel weird and i again i hink it does too much damage on the high version.

-i suggest adding so width o some of your basics attacks and  speacials you get confused as to which side you'll be on while in the corner while doing the moves. 

- The High punch animation is slow

-Mirage Combo Kick – D, DF, F, D, DF, F, X/Y/Z Hyper does too much damage, on each level 300 for the low and 525 for th high version. :o

-Spin Side Shoot– D, DF, F, D, DF, F, A/B/C  to much damage i got 625 on the high version.

-bYakko in the readme is i believe you want to say  [E]/maximilianjenus

I think this need much more Work, and FX, although fx is not important to the actual gameplay more than one hitspark and pallet would be nice very nice. and making the moves feel a bit more natural is needed IMO.

Thats my feedback Goodluck on you finishing her.

Cheers,Rajaa  :sugoi:
EXACTLY what I've been waiting to hear from someone on one of my chars.

OK, to hit everything you said in order:

-Will switch to Notepad ASAP. (Would've done an HTML file if I was better at it.)

-I'll tweak the velocities on the walk and run.

-The issues I was having with the kick throw are documented in the readme, and I was trying to get it to work prior to release. (Obviously, still no luck.) I'll make it a top priority.

-I was having issues with the spark palettes, to say the absolute least. By now though, I've got a better handle on how that works so I'll put it in for the next update.

-I picked up the CvS2 sounds recently, but sadly it just occurred to me to add them into the SND file and use them. (I'm a bit scatterbrained unfortunately, and aesthetics was always a second-level priority for me.) Since it's a quick add, it'll be in the next update.

-This was my first effort at making a character with more fitted CLSNs (in all my other characters, they were all single boxes). If I could get a few examples of which anims have
these CLSN issues I'll fix them ASAP.

-In terms of the AfterImages, do you mean the way the frames follow Blair or the color?

-The charge Explod is a placeholder until I get the proper animation. (Normally I prefer to get rips for things like that on my own, but since I haven't found the charge one just yet I'll ask someone for permission to use theirs. Probably POTS if he's willing.)

-Lightning Knee sort of does have a vacuum effect, IIRC. I don't think it was fully intentional but I'll fix it up. Damage will be nerfed a bit too.

-All the versions of Sliding Arrow do the same damage because they redirect to one state. I'll nerf it, readjust the axis, and lower the pausetime.

-Shoot Kick's animation runs at the speed it does to make it a little easier to use the follow-up kicks. I'll speed it up by a tick per frame and try to keep the usability up. As for being attacked in the middle of it, it's mostly because I cover all CLSN1s with CLSN2s to avoid infinite priority issues.

-I never liked experimenting with palettes, but I didn't want to get a request done until the character had been out as an anti-leaking measure. (You never know.) It'll be tackled right away.

-Not sure how to tackle the 'feels weird' part, but I'll drop the damage a little on the hard version.

-I'm only vaguely familiar with Width triggers, but I'll add them in. What's a good size to work with and which attacks could use them? (I figure Shoot Kick and Mirage Combo kick are two pretty sterling examples already, I noticed that they can get pretty iffy at close range.)

-Consider the strong punch sped up.

-At this point I think it's safe to say that I have really skewed ideas of damage... I'll re-do the level 2 and 3 damages on the Mirage Combo Kick and Spin Side Shoot. (~300 damage always seemed a good amount for a level 1 special, but that may not stay either.)

-Forgot to document the name change - I've only known him as bYakko and Hikawa. >__<

All this stuff may push back the next release a little but it'll be worth it. Best damn review I've gotten ever. Thanks, Rajaa.

I have not had enough time to sort through my images, sorry.

I managed to replace the big portrait, but I'd still like to see what you've got. Don't rush, I can wait as long as I have to.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a character to improve.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#14  August 30, 2008, 08:59:24 pm
    • Thailand
-In terms of the AfterImages, do you mean the way the frames follow Blair or the color?

I meant the timegap and/or framegap seems to long and you can just see them disappear...the color choice as is everything else is, yours. not a big deal.

-Not sure how to tackle the 'feels weird' part, but I'll drop the damage a little on the hard version.

lol when i say feel wird i mean it feels like, un-smooth or inhumanly movement with her.
-I'm only vaguely familiar with Width triggers, but I'll add them in. What's a good size to work with and which attacks could use them? (I figure Shoot Kick and Mirage Combo kick are two pretty sterling examples already, I noticed that they can get pretty iffy at close range.)

Width is easy....

you choose edge/player/value (value equal both edge and player)

the values are "0,0" the left side being for the front width and the right side being for the back width, try playing with the values to get a feel of the sctrl.

Hey i give feedback as respect that creators deserve, and i am glad that i can help, the truth is it's hard to improve when you don't know if something is not right. That's why i helped you out so you can improve because i want to see people do improve. it makes me happy to see people succeed at things.

cheers,Rajaa  :sugoi:
#15  August 31, 2008, 02:01:22 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
http://rapidshare.com/files/141423014/blair.rar.html
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=V1FLHGVS

Most, if not all, of the issues mentioned by Rajaa have been addressed or otherwise fixed.
Blair feels a bit different, but she should STILL kick ass, or maybe even do better. Some things
in the readme may be slightly inaccurate, but by next release it should be all good - same
for the power charge and such.

Anything else that looks funny will be fixed as well, if I notice it before next release.

I'm thinking of getting hosting sometime soon. Whether it's on my own site or not varies - mostly because I'm in no position to get any hosting I'd have to pay for. If anyone's got anything I can use, let me know. :kugoi:

Oh, yeah. New palettes by ShoryuReppa/Ominous/TheEyes. Check his palette thread for previews.

One more thing. For the afterimages, I'm intending to go with a color that's more or less just a transparent version of the regular palette, but I'm having issues with the colors. Any suggestions?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:20:49 am by Zero-Sennin
Re: Blair Dame, Arika's Darling Fighter now at v. 0.5. (Upd. 8/30/08)
#16  August 31, 2008, 10:52:19 am
    • Thailand
for the after images i suggest looking at another characters after iamge color balnces for it, or playing with the values yourself, it's not a long process should take 10-15 minutes to get one you want.

Yeah before you get hosting i suggest sendspace or 4shared or media fire or something, these make you wait 30-40 secs that too long!!!!(lol) :mad:

I'll post my feedback in a few Hours/minutes one of those lol.

cheers,RajaBoy

even if it's just one person i hink feedback helps when given in long listed details, so i'll try to do that fo you again. and tell you about the clsn i talked about before. :sugoi:
Blaire Dame
#17  September 01, 2008, 04:43:09 am
    • www.JonnyTanna.com
#18  September 01, 2008, 04:44:32 am
    • Thailand
#19  September 01, 2008, 05:23:07 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Yea I get she's been remade a few times, but is she worth replacing the previous versions?

No one here can tell you what's worth it and what isn't, friend. It's all a matter of perspective. If you like my Blair then feel free to keep on playing with her. If you wind up preferring another version, then feel free to use that one.

Anyways, I've got more updates, with a new special, new super, and finalized Afterimage values - check the readme for specifics.

http://rapidshare.com/files/141697515/blair.rar.html
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=37E494QT
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Re: Blair Dame, Arika's Darling Fighter, now at v. 0.7. (Upd. 8/31/08)
#20  September 01, 2008, 08:04:16 am
  • Show me the true extent of your power.
    • www.freewebs.com/arthmyx/

well then