YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 749863 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#581  August 09, 2018, 03:45:47 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
What a horrible night...

Awesome! I knew they'd do them justice. Looking forward to see all the tracks they choose.
#582  August 09, 2018, 04:09:59 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm curious to see the Street Fighter soundtracks.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#583  August 09, 2018, 05:09:29 am
  • hecc
TFW you have almost 1000 songs in your game but Square only lets you have two for their series:

I saw that.....I'm really hoping thats just temporary...FF has an amazing collection of songs and if we ended up with only two again thats going to make me sad
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#584  August 09, 2018, 06:38:59 am
  • Was it something I said?
Man, that trailer was absolutely nuts. RIP Luigi :qq:

Taking account for Ridley's trailer, RIP Mario and Megaman. :qq:

Sakurai: There! Theres your stinking crocodile! Never ask me for anything ever again.

Everyone: Okay! Now give us Heihachi and Geno next with Walui-*shot*.

But in all seriousness, I've noticed they haven't shown Shadow to be an Assist Trophy yet, assuming that Knuckles (Welcome to the club, my dude, all the cool kids are hanging out.) replaces him as a Sonic assist character so he's on the maybe scale of an echo to a slim chance to be a new fighter? Also, is it me, or have they not shown Isabella yet either?

Edit: Another wild and crazy guess, Protoman as Megaman's echo fighter?
#585  August 09, 2018, 07:18:35 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I feel like if that was gonna happen they wouldn't have bothered adding him to Megaman's Final Smash, but who knows.

I kinda hope it's Roll though, because I'll never get tired of that
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#586  August 09, 2018, 08:13:13 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
fuck yes brinstar depths is back, nothing else announced present and future will top that for me
#587  August 09, 2018, 03:58:21 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
the only stage that needs to return is poke floats because they could add some more pokemon as those float balloons

I highly doubt that the only stage that will most likely not to return is the miiverse due to the fact that miiverse has been shut down
#588  August 09, 2018, 07:21:41 pm
    • Mexico
There seems to be room for 6 more stages on the stage select screen, so I wouldn’t completely rule out Poke Floats yet, and even then, there is nothing that says that it cannot show up as DLC (seeing as those 6 spots might be for unrevealed new stages? Doubt the 5 new stages we have so far are all we are gonna get).
#589  August 10, 2018, 02:31:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So get your tin-foil hats ready, but I had an unnecessarily long theory about a future Pokémon rep.  Recently it was reported that Game Freak went and put out copyrights for a number of Pokémon that are likely all going to be included in the Let's Go games.  Mostly gen 1 stuff, though it also includes Hitmontop, a gen 2 pokemon, which is odd in its own right but that's a discussion for the actual Pokémon thread.  Included in the list is Eevee's various first gen evolutions and Pikachu's evolution to Raichu.  As the report in the link mentions, the last time Game Freak did something similar to this was for the introduction of Mega Evolution in gen 6.

While not a direct confirmation that this means they're getting Mega Forms, it was even more recently confirmed that the option to Mega Evolve will be a feature in the new Let's Go games, despite the simplification to game design it features.  If not Megas, at least something new to distinguish them further.  While unfortunately I don't think Eevee would be a good fit for Smash, not without each alt color being a different Eeveelution and altering the move effects for each element and a lot of attention to detail, never minding the size differences thus different hitboxes needed, we did just get Pichu to return to Smash since being gone for two titles.  I could totally see them announcing sometime between Let's Go's release and Smash Ultimate's the addition of Raichu, just to finish off the entire Pikachu family tree.

The main issue I'm forseeing is having Alolan Raichu already in the game as a Poke Ball summon.  But regular Raichu was going to act different than the Alolan variant anyways.
#590  August 10, 2018, 06:54:48 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Except that the leaker claims a Pokémon from Gen 7 is being included.
#591  August 10, 2018, 01:00:43 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I think the bigger issue is that nobody has ever cared about Raichu.  I can't imagine Sakurai would want to include such an unpopular pokemon with such an unoriginal movelist simply for the sake of some misplaced sense of completionism.
#592  August 10, 2018, 01:41:51 pm
    • USA
Currently, with Richter just getting thrown in there and now they're adding clones left and right, I no longer think limiting our wishlisting to just one Pokémon rep for the latest generation is a necessity, and Sakurai's just throwing us off saying there's not many newcomers.  However, Raichu's popularity is another factor in that you're right, no one really cares about Raichu. (Well, except it's my second favorite pokemon if we're being honest but the mass majority just view it as the Lt. Surge pokemon)  That's why I'm hoping whatever they were copyrighted over will bring them enough uniqueness to make Raichu a viable option to the Smash team to consider.

Granted, there's also the timeframe of when they had all that planned out for the Let's Go series and how long ago the Smash team started work on Ultimate to consider.  Might just be too late into development.
#593  August 10, 2018, 06:10:02 pm
    • USA
I will agree that Richter has really blown the range of characters we can expect wide open.  At this point,  there’s now no excuse not to include Ninten.
#594  August 10, 2018, 06:12:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
It's going to be Incineroar. It's the Pokemon Nintendo has been pushing. It was in the movie and in the anime Kukui has one and Ash will eventually have one once Torracat evolves (Rowlet stays unevolved because he's the new Piplup). It's also the number one Pokemon on VGC right now.
#595  August 10, 2018, 06:18:53 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Fun fact:  Incineroar was the No.1 traded Pokemon on Global Trade Station in Sun/Moon from the Global Link website.  I'll be very surprised if it doesn't end up a Pokemon hazard at best.

I will agree that Richter has really blown the range of characters we can expect wide open.  At this point,  there’s now no excuse not to include Ninten.
Or Paper Mario who's a highly requested character for some reason.  I imagine him being an Echo to Doc Mario.
Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:23:08 pm by Kirishima
#596  August 10, 2018, 11:18:12 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Or Paper Mario who's a highly requested character for some reason.  I imagine him being an Echo to Doc Mario.

^How, exactly? Like I don't mean that in a smart alecky way. I'm genuinely curious.

Also, was looking at screenshots of K. Rool on the website, and it is just now occurring to me...

*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#597  August 10, 2018, 11:46:42 pm
    • USA
I won't complain if the gen 7 choice is Incineroar, seeing I've already got characters I want, but like Greninja I am gonna be a little annoyed at my least favorite starter of the generation getting picked again and likely not ever use the character.

The starter choice seems unfair overall, to be honest.  Each starter should get its fair share of time in the spotlight, since each is important in the actual Pokémon title, so when you have just one I feel compelled to want the other two.  Red and Leaf kinda subvert this, with Squirtle being as popular as Blatoise and Charizard being Charizard, but then you have middle-stage Ivysaur who doesn't really stand out in actual Pokemon.  That's another reason why I'd rather the gen 7 pick be Necrozma, all players regardless of starter choice deal with it eventually thus have a greater connection to it.
#598  August 11, 2018, 12:05:38 am
    • USA

Paper Mario would be interesting to see, but I don't think he could be an Echo.  His 2D model means they'd have to redo all of the animations and rigging to fit him, and at that point they might as well spend the same amount of effort making him unique.
#599  August 11, 2018, 01:48:30 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Yeah, poor Luigi man... :(

Though OMG YES!!!! I gotta get a Switch now! I've literally been waiting years for this moment. Simon and Richter! Man it's a dream come true. Slowly but surely, Konami is getting back into good graces. Someone in upper management has their head on straight and doing their best to dig the company out of the hole.

With the Netflix anime and this, they are definitely on the right track. This is so awesome I can't even truly give it justice.

@Kamekaze:

IDK when your Richter will be done, though this could be great for perhaps some additional moves and voice acting!
fun fact, i literally had all the things he was doing minus the angled whip over 2 years ago when he was planned. It felt bizarre to see my identical moveset ideas. The only difference is I had hydro storm where they went with grand cross
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#600  August 11, 2018, 07:24:51 am
Whoa, Richter, and Simon huh? Great, It had to be on the damned Nintendo Console. Why don't fighting games on PS4/Xbox ever put these guys in?
Wanted to see Cloud, Simon, Richter, in MvC Infinite.. or Tekken, M.K, KOF.. such a shame it had to be on Switch, Sony could've picked up Bayonetta as well..
Regardless, Im impressed with this, well we don't need Mugen anymore..
Dont mess with Richters power :muttrox: