YesNoOk

All Character & Patch Updated 01/27/2019 (Read 8782 times)

Started by Sennou-Room, January 14, 2019, 11:23:12 am
Share this topic:
All Character & Patch Updated 01/27/2019
#1  January 14, 2019, 11:23:12 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:45:43 am by Sennou-Room
Re: All Character & Patch Updated 01/14/2019
#2  January 14, 2019, 12:33:28 pm
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
Mysterious Warrior 777
#3  January 14, 2019, 04:09:46 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Welcome back man!
Your characters are improved alot indeed!
This is fate.
#4  January 15, 2019, 01:32:47 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since there is nothing wrong with the normal versions nor characters without EX modes, this feedback will mostly only focus on those who recently got the EX modes through this update, while general and if they are any characters without EX modes, I'll cover any bugs or missing aesthetics I encountered on them:

Kirito:
-The Crossing Wave's projectile has no transparency when it hits the opponent.

Mech-Hisui 404:
-Her intro where she's flying and lands doesn't have a landing effect when she touches the ground.
-The Blow-Iron Ball on the S.O.S attack could use a landing effect when it touches the ground.

General:
-If the stage has music, it doesn't temporary stop if the opponent was finished with a special attack.
-I wish you made your characters with normal/EX and custom combo/MAX modes selectable by holding start in the character select screen (It forces me to have their selector options turned on in their config files in order to use them. It's fine for my main roster as I'll keep them on anyway. But for my PotS only client, I kinda want them be more accurate and consistent to the style).

Overall, that's all for now. Will post again if I find anything else. They are just as good before the update and are even better now. I like how ever character who only has just one grab have a 2nd one used with the kick commands. Thanks for the updates, I can't wait to see how Minori and Ciel will be later in 2019.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  January 15, 2019, 07:31:46 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
nice update! I might be test it soon!
#6  January 15, 2019, 10:04:38 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
-If the stage has music, it doesn't temporary stop if the opponent was finished with a special attack.

I always found that weird.  Why no music only for a special attack finish and none of the rest?  It seems inconsistent.  I'd personally get rid of it entirely.
#7  January 15, 2019, 10:38:49 am
    • Japan

Kirito:

Mech-Hisui 404:
-Her intro where she's flying and lands doesn't have a landing effect when she touches the ground.
-The Blow-Iron Ball on the S.O.S attack could use a landing effect when it touches the ground.

Thanks for the feedback. I just fixed those problems and uploaded them.
There seems to be various suggestions etc, but I plan to update and think about them later.

Nice Job on those updates!  BTW If you
do decide to ex your hisui add the dust attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabMCqAwhFg&t=16s
(0:34-0:36)
Also seeing This attack added would be nice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLueoqd5DQ
(4:44-4:48)
These are just suggestions.  Whatever you choose to do is cool.
Thank you for doing your awesome work!

Indeed, it is a good idea. I can not promise to respond to everything, but I will refer to it for the next updated content.

Welcome back man!

Thank you.
#8  January 15, 2019, 08:09:51 pm
  • Why,

Kirito:

Mech-Hisui 404:

There seems to be various suggestions etc, but I plan to update and think about them later.

Indeed, it is a good idea. I can not promise to respond to everything, but I will refer to it for the next updated content.

Welcome back man!

Thank you.

Can you say how you do these? just at from 0 or? And are you use something to do them?
And which stage at whose for battles?
Arigato from link...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#9  January 15, 2019, 11:22:14 pm
    • USA
Looks like I forgot to test out Ingrid as I was using my on PotS only client, I replaced her with DeathScythe's. I use yours for my main one as she has chain combos. So he's my quick feedback:

-I feel like you should put a sliding fx on the Sun Swing (Although she touches the ground with her feet, she slides a bit after that so I think the same sliding fx from a finished run would work better instead of a landing effect).
-Sun Arch could use a landing effect as she touches the ground before she jumps again to perform the somersault.
-This might be a lot of work, but is there any plans to change the effects to DeathScythe's Hi-res ones?

I continued testing everyone else and there's actually no other problems. When it comes to details and aesthetics, I believe that's pretty much it. I hope you consider letting characters with normal/EX or custom combo/MAX modes selectable through holding the start button on the character select screen in a future update. If I turn the selectors off in their config files, I can only have one or the other. Not both, so they are stuck with whatever default mode they are set on. I could make another character slot of the same character, but the config file is tied to the character which will change the config for that character's slot too so that's not possible.

I always found that weird.  Why no music only for a special attack finish and none of the rest?  It seems inconsistent.  I'd personally get rid of it entirely.
Actually, that's something R@CE AKIR@, Falcon Rapper, and Infinite's characters does. For some reason with this new update, Sennou-Room's character continues playing the music if that happens. I don't think he should as it would be inconsistent with them.
Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:30:21 pm by SolidZone 26
#10  January 16, 2019, 03:50:53 pm
  • Why,
Music freeze of not, isn´t enough at that person can play?
I am surpised at someones still work so lott them C´s...

Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#11  January 16, 2019, 11:31:06 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#12  January 17, 2019, 12:59:04 am
    • USA
#13  January 27, 2019, 04:13:33 am
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA

Kirito:

Mech-Hisui 404:

Welcome back man!

Thank you.

Thanks for your response, Sennou-Room.  You and your characters are AWESOME!   
Mysterious Warrior 777
#14  January 27, 2019, 05:18:48 am
  • They Don't call me MUGreed for nothin'!!
    • USA
    • wakawakawhoops@gmail.com
Random thought; but will the next update have the english voice pack for each character from the SAO series?
Re: All Character & Patch Updated 01/27/2019
#15  January 27, 2019, 06:06:46 am
    • Japan
All Character & Patch Re-Updated (01/27/2019)

Common
 - Fixed a bug displayed in warning text.
 - Fixed code related to Palette Selector and Mode Selector.
 - You can choose the mode with the character select screen. (No Mode Selector / AI)
    Palettes 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06  -> Normal
    Palettes 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12  -> EX

Ingrid
 - Changed the damege of "Sun Rise".
 - Added some effects.

Kirito
 - Fixed the Intro of dual wield.
#16  January 27, 2019, 02:52:34 pm
    • USA
Thanks for considering the idea of choosing modes though palettes. Another reason why I suggested it is that if anyone set their mugen configs for the computer to randomly choose a color for arcade, there would be a 50% chance that the character you'll be fighting the mode could be different. It makes fighting your characters in arcade mode much funner and adds more variety to the run.

As for Ingrid's effects, I figured you might not do that. It would've required the effects to be aligned and and scaled down to her size if needed. I also liked you used the dash fx for the Sun Swing instead of the sliding fx. I never even thought of that, but it works well and much better than my suggestion.

Although, the music still continues playing if the opponent gets defeated by a special attack on all your characters. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be silent for a few seconds until their winpose plays. It's for consistently with R@CE AKIR@, Falcon Rapper, and Infinite's characters. It was fine before the new updates, so there must be a reason behind the change.

Edit: Changed it back as Sennou read the original post already.
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:44:30 pm by SolidZone 26
#17  January 27, 2019, 03:41:48 pm
    • Japan
Although, the music still continues playing if the opponent gets defeated by a special attack on all your characters. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be silent for a few seconds until their winpose plays. It's for consistently with R@CE AKIR@, Falcon Rapper, and Infinite's characters. It was fine before the new updates, so there must be a reason behind the change.

I have not explained about this on yet.
This is not a bug, it's just disabling the AssertSpecial.
The reason is that I thought that some people do not like stopping music every time my character wins with Special Moves.
I usually like that state so I keep it.
#18  January 28, 2019, 12:00:31 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
And again, PotS never did it.  Why those three do it is a mystery, but I feel it should stop because again it's inconsistent with all the other finishers.  The music doesn't stop on normal finishes and super finishes, so why should it on special finishes and only those?
#19  January 28, 2019, 12:45:34 am
    • USA
I have not explained about this on yet.
This is not a bug, it's just disabling the AssertSpecial.
The reason is that I thought that some people do not like stopping music every time my character wins with Special Moves.
I usually like that state so I keep it.
It's not a bug, just asking about the change of aesthetic is all. I had no idea there were people outside the forum that didn't like that even though it was on Infinite, R@CE AKIR@, and Falcon Rapper's characters. Whether I like it or not, I rather just leave it alone for the sake of consistency with their characters in my opinion. Then again, I don't think it's worth updating everyone another time for something this minor.

I forgot to write these two things alongside my last post as I was very tired last night, but the landing effect on the Blow-Iron Ball I mentioned earlier needs to be a little lower as it looked liked it bounced in the air. Here's a comparsion to the landing effect on Mech-Hisui 404 when she touches the ground:

I thought at first that the landing effect should be the same radius of Mech-Hisui on the 1st pic, but the 2nd pic shows that the ball passes even lower to the floor. So maybe it should be much lower instead.

The 2nd thing is that can you adjust Yukina's Defend super to work against characters with physical supers? I've been using her quite a bit before her major update and realize the counter is useless against supers that rely on close range as it only counters normal and special moves. Sometimes the AI can can take advantage of my defend super and use a super to out-counter it. Dealing no damage, but increased stun time after a successful counter is fine for the offensive part. For example, if your Kirito performs the super version of Horizontal Square when it hits Yukina during her Defend super, Kirito's super will always hit successfully. So technically, she can only use Defend on the special version of the same move. For a super, it should counter all types of physical attacks, not just the normal and special ones. The only thing it shouldn't defend is projectile based moves. I think throws should be too as she's still vulnerable to those.

Edit: To add into this suggestion,you should try using OHMSBY's Yuuki Terumi. He has a move called Venomous Bite (Which is a counter move that uses some of his meter and walks straight to the opponent). You can't do any physical contact on him until he stops walking whether it's normal, special, super, or throws. I did all those types of attacks on him using your Kirito and he countered them all. Yukina's Defend super should work the same way.

And again, PotS never did it.  Why those three do it is a mystery, but I feel it should stop because again it's inconsistent with all the other finishers.  The music doesn't stop on normal finishes and super finishes, so why should it on special finishes and only those?
I'm guessing you never got to ask him. But do you think it's better for Sennou to remove it completely instead? Maybe it would be.
Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:39:42 am by SolidZone 26
#20  January 28, 2019, 04:16:45 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Some people would want it to still be there for whatever reason, so maybe leave it in and make a config option to turn it on/off yourself.