YesNoOk

BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17) (Read 130363 times)

Started by Takehaya Susanoo, May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Share this topic:
BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#1  May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix
Latest patch: https://www.mediafire.com/?64186dxbclm25k0

Not in BB style because I know I cannot handle doing a proper conversion. He is a bit smaller than most BB characters, but you can fix that by changing his constant data. All specials are always unlocked. 6A, 4D and Collapsing Resentment are not included.

Commands:
D, DF, F+A/B/C        =      Sundering Claws
D, D+A/B/C             =      Towering Flame
D, DB, B+A/B/C       =      Megalith
F, D, DF+A/B/C        =     Hunter's Fang
F, DF, D, DB, B+A/B =     Dancing Dual Kick
F, DF, D, DB, B+C     =     Dancing Dual Kick -> Bloodspiller (hit)/Hunter's Fang (miss)
D, D+Z                    =     Inevitable Calamity (hold to extend)
B, D, DB+A/B/C       =     Splintering Thrust
F, DF, D, DB, B+A/B =     Blade of Judgement
F, DF, D, DB, B/C      =     Liberating Dagger
F, DF, D, DB, B, F+C =     Strike of the Possessed God (Arc Drive has no specials while Another Arc Drive is the OD version with all specials)
Last Arc                   =     Roar of the Mad King

Original Japanese and custom English voicepacks are available. I hope I did not miss anything when preparing to upload this.

To do:
-Add missing graphical effects and sound effects
-Add glow to certain animations (probably will not do it though)
-Fix whatever is found
-Improve AI

Credits:
-⑨ for the character used as a base
-Hutuno for AI used as a base
-Seraphs Ares for ripping Terumi's English CP voice
-Venom00 (dustloop) for ripping Susanoo's CF voice
-rNNN_ (dustloop) for ripping Susanoo's sprites
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:24:30 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo released (14.05.17)
#2  May 14, 2017, 07:53:05 am
Now Unlimited Susanoo can be a thing.
Also this is out of nowhere unexpected but definitely welcome.
Edit: I think you made the command times to short making it a bit hard to pull off some attacks.
Also I think his damage is too high for someone who can combo like him.
Also kind of feels like the AI is a bit...strong but that's just my opinion.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:14:30 am by Memes never die
#3  May 14, 2017, 08:12:33 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Well...this is a surprise...a very pleasant surprise...I didn't expect to see someone make Susanoo before Ryutaro's got released.

If it's not BB styled, then what kinda style did you use for him? You might wanna put that in the description, just throwin that out there. Ima definitely be testing him out. We need more BB characters, especially the new ones from CF. Would you mind if i did a showcase video for him?

Great Work!
#4  May 14, 2017, 08:15:11 am
Also it's Melty Blood styled like the comment above you'll probably want to add that to the title and description.
#5  May 14, 2017, 08:16:59 am
    • Japan
Also it's Melty Blood styled like the comment above you'll probably want to add that to the title and description.

Oooooooooooh MB styled! Sounds very interesting, that's my favorite style for characters. Definitely excited to try this out now!
#6  May 14, 2017, 08:19:20 am
I feel like you should also tone down the damage on his 641236c in blood heat it does like 90 to 80% of health I feel like 60% or 50% is better.
Edit: I feel that this move should be a bit slower and that the ending part should last a tad longer....you can ignore this it's just a suggestion.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:39:17 am by Memes never die
#7  May 14, 2017, 08:25:15 am
    • Japan
Ok first off, i LOVE him already!

Some small feedback from the 2 - 5mins of testing:
-Tone down his damage. I have my HP in the settings set to 150% and he does MASSIVE amounts of damage per base hits compared to my other characters. Don't get me started on his Ex-Moves. Although his Hunters Fang can use a bit of buffing oddly enough for damage, it does less then a base hit when done by itself.
-Personal Nitpick, this may be impossible due to MB styling since i know their Ex-Shielding during Blood Heat is how their activate their Last Arcs, but if possible add a life trigger to his Last Arc, Roar of the Mad King to not be usable unless P2 is at 20% HP or Lower. If not possible, then consider lowering its damage by alot, as it does the whole bar at 150%.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:31:59 am by Atheon
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released (14.05.17)
#8  May 14, 2017, 08:41:56 am
Yeah I feel like roar of the mad king should probably only be usable on the last round and with the opponent's health at 20% like the comment above.
The last round thing can be thought of as a little homage to when you can use astral finishes there.
#9  May 14, 2017, 08:46:37 am
    • Japan
Yeah I feel like roar of the mad king should probably only be usable on the last round and with the opponent's health at 20% like the comment above.
The last round thing can be thought of as a little homage to when you can use astral finishes there.

Yup thats what i was getting at. It may be a bit harder because it'd make a huge part of Blood Heat useless in the first round and because its MB styled. But i think it'd be better then being able to use it whenever u have Blood Heat on.
#10  May 14, 2017, 08:50:44 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Now Unlimited Susanoo can be a thing.
Also this is out of nowhere unexpected but definitely welcome.
Edit: I think you made the command times to short making it a bit hard to pull off some attacks.
Also I think his damage is too high for someone who can combo like him.
Also kind of feels like the AI is a bit...strong but that's just my opinion.
Looks like I forgot to fix that. Will be done.
I did not change it much from the original character, but it does look like it. Will be done.
I might have gotten carried away with it, but I do not think I will do much about it aside from fixing something that was not intended such as jumping around when there's no need for it.
Well...this is a surprise...a very pleasant surprise...I didn't expect to see someone make Susanoo before Ryutaro's got released.

If it's not BB styled, then what kinda style did you use for him? You might wanna put that in the description, just throwin that out there. Ima definitely be testing him out. We need more BB characters, especially the new ones from CF. Would you mind if i did a showcase video for him?

Great Work!
Done. And I would not mind that.

Thanks.
I feel like you should also tone down the damage on his 641236c in blood heat it does like 90 to 80% of health I feel like 60% or 50% is better.
Edit: I feel that this move should be a bit slower and that the ending part should last a tad longer....you can ignore this it's just a suggestion.
It really does feel like it. I will compare it to other Arc Drives and see how much damage it should deal.
I tried to make it fit what he is saying. I might slow it down.
Ok first off, i LOVE him already!

Some small feedback from the 2 - 5mins of testing:
-Tone down his damage. I have my HP in the settings set to 150% and he does MASSIVE amounts of damage per base hits compared to my other characters. Don't get me started on his Ex-Moves. Although his Hunters Fang can use a bit of buffing oddly enough for damage, it does less then a base hit when done by itself.
-Personal Nitpick, this may be impossible due to MB styling since i know their Ex-Shielding during Blood Heat is how their activate their Last Arcs, but if possible add a life trigger to his Last Arc, Roar of the Mad King to not be usable unless P2 is at 20% HP or Lower. If not possible, then consider lowering its damage by alot, as it does the whole bar at 150%.
Will be done.
It is actually an instant kill here, but it will be fixed as Last Arcs are not supposed to be such if I remember correctly.
#11  May 14, 2017, 09:05:34 am
    • Japan
Glad to see you taking feedback. Appreciate that very much.

Quick question, does he have a Blood Heat Gauge at all? I haven't noticed one, not on 16:9 or 4:3 Mugens. If so you might wanna implement one, as theres no visible way of telling you can use Blood Heat at all, unless you've tied that to the Powerbar. If you do implement a Blood Heat Bar, i recommend making it work on 16:9 as well as 4:3. I personally use Widescreen and i can't tell you how many Mugen characters have hidden powerbars due to not being made for it.
#12  May 14, 2017, 09:14:12 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA

Quick question, does he have a Blood Heat Gauge at all? I haven't noticed one, not on 16:9 or 4:3 Mugens. If so you might wanna implement one, as theres no visible way of telling you can use Blood Heat at all, unless you've tied that to the Powerbar. If you do implement a Blood Heat Bar, i recommend making it work on 16:9 as well as 4:3. I personally use Widescreen and i can't tell you how many Mugen characters have hidden powerbars due to not being made for it.

It should not be any other way.

He has one. It is same as with ⑨'s MB characters. You can turn it on through the Config.txt file. I do not remember which variable it was, but it has (1) instead of (0) if I remember correctly.
#13  May 14, 2017, 09:24:31 am
    • Japan

It should not be any other way.

He has one. It is same as with ⑨'s MB characters. You can turn it on through the Config.txt file. I do not remember which variable it was, but it has (1) instead of (0) if I remember correctly.

Ah i see, it just doesn't work for 16:9 resolutions, its invisible...thats really a shame : (

Edit: Managed to kinda fix it by just changing the groups alignment/coords, though for some reason the MAX, BLOOD HEAT etc sprites next to the bar were bright white so i just removed them along with the excessive lines.

Edit 2: Nvm i was being stupid, i missed the actual overlay sprites for the text further back in the SFF, so i moved those too. Perfect now : )

Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:04:11 am by Atheon
#14  May 14, 2017, 10:05:32 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Edit: Managed to kinda fix it by just changing the groups alignment/coords, though for some reason the MAX, BLOOD HEAT etc sprites next to the bar were bright white so i just removed them along with the excessive lines.
HEAT, MAX and BLOOD HEAT use two separate sprites (one is normal and the other one is white). Maybe that is why.

Edit: a bit too late, huh.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:08:40 am by Takehaya Susanoo
#15  May 14, 2017, 10:20:39 am
    • Japan
HEAT, MAX and BLOOD HEAT use two separate sprites (one is normal and the other one is white). Maybe that is why.

Edit: a bit too late, huh.

Heh, bit but its ok, Thanks : )
#16  May 14, 2017, 08:12:10 pm
    • Japan
Some Small Feedback:
-His Forward Dash Grab (forget the name, the one where he dashes forward to grab them and slam them against the wall) causes this to happen. He remains in his falling animation and stays with you as you move around,

So far thats all i've found thats an issue. I'll report more if i find any.
#17  May 14, 2017, 08:30:45 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Some Small Feedback:
-His Forward Dash Grab (forget the name, the one where he dashes forward to grab them and slam them against the wall) causes this to happen. He remains in his falling animation and stays with you as you move around,
So far thats all i've found thats an issue. I'll report more if i find any.

This is not supposed to happen. Splintering Thrust has a failsafe coded like other throws to make the enemy go into their falling state if Susanoo is not attacking, but Susanoo himself is not coded to release the enemy. His TargetBind code's time is set to infinite. I can fix this. But I must say that this never happened to me. There should not be any way to interrupt him mid-dash and when it can be interrupted, the enemy is set to be bound for a finite amount of time. I need to know what exactly triggers it.
#18  May 14, 2017, 08:38:52 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
#19  May 14, 2017, 08:45:46 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Some feedback from me.

-When Susan's 421(Any version) collides with a projectile, the animation continues as if he hit the other player.
-Also, I think I found a possible infinite combo.
-And a suggestion is to tone down the chip damage of his Michael Sword Blade of Judgement.

If I find something else, I might report here.

-I have not even thought of testing it on projectiles. I know what to do though.
-"Invalid" constantly appears here, so, I suggest you try it on someone who uses aerial recovery whenever possible like Nu-13 to be sure. If it works, then it is an infinite.
-Will be done.
#20  May 14, 2017, 08:58:16 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
You'll make other Blazblue characters in this style?
#21  May 14, 2017, 09:12:33 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
You'll make other Blazblue characters in this style?

I might try to do Izanami, Terumi or Valkenhayn once Susanoo is stable. However, I am not sure what to do with the missing graphical effects, which cannot be ripped the usual way. Valkenhayn does not get too fancy with those, but Izanami and Terumi have a lot of these. If I decide to go with Izanami, I will probably simplify her unless I can find a way to make her Drive work without getting needlessly complicated. Terumi's is passive while Valkenhayn is simple, so, there are no problems there.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:19:01 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#22  May 14, 2017, 09:31:33 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
Tested the invalid thing and yeah, the opponent does recover from it. Other than that, I didn't find anything else for now.

Also, I vote for Terumi to be next, it can be even BB style since his gameplay mechanics are simple compared to some of the cast, but it's your choice.
#23  May 14, 2017, 09:44:33 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Tested the invalid thing and yeah, the opponent does recover from it. Other than that, I didn't find anything else for now.

Also, I vote for Terumi to be next, it can be even BB style since his gameplay mechanics are simple compared to some of the cast, but it's your choice.

Mechanics are not the issue. I could implement Susanoo's Drive without issues. All it would need is a variable for each special. The problem is all that frame data that I know I can't replicate and if I can't make that accurate, I might as well do something different and let someone who is good at it make an accurate conversion. Plus there are some flaws that I can't stand to look at like,, say, Terumi's Venomous Bite blocking things it shouldn't block, blocking what it should counter and missing what it should block or counter.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:48:02 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#24  May 14, 2017, 09:51:00 pm
#25  May 14, 2017, 09:58:40 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
#26  May 14, 2017, 10:01:15 pm
It's the best i've found for now until someone makes some more frame related stuff on the PC version.
#27  May 14, 2017, 10:03:03 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
It's the best i've found for now until someone makes some more frame related stuff on the PC version.

Well, thanks anyway. Hopefully they will not take this one down before sprites can be added.
#28  May 15, 2017, 05:59:56 am
    • Japan
Made a showcase video for you. I absolutely love Susanoo, and i can't wait to see your updates for him : )

Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:03:37 am by Atheon
#29  May 15, 2017, 07:58:27 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
This is greatly surprising... I'm not a fan of BB, but certainly this Susie was above my expectations, however, I must give you a few advices.

- I know BB has insta kills, but Last-Arc finishes should not be insta-kills. Last-Arcs tend to inflict between 500-700 of damage.

- Speaking of the Last Arc, after using it, you gain power from it, I think it starts from 100 MC. Last Arcs deplete all the powerbar.

- MB chars never gain meter from EX attacks/Arc drives or Last Arcs. Keep that in mind.

- As mentioned before, the window to cancel into special attacks is too small, increase it a bit more.

- Also, is there a reason why his 2C can't Reverse Beat? Is it intentional or was left unattended?

That's my feedback for now.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#30  May 15, 2017, 08:59:12 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Made a showcase video for you. I absolutely love Susanoo, and i can't wait to see your updates for him : )

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgCwb3uw5c&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Hm...So much space is certainly not good for him.  It is nice to see regardless.

This is greatly surprising... I'm not a fan of BB, but certainly this Susie was above my expectations, however, I must give you a few advices.

- I know BB has insta kills, but Last-Arc finishes should not be insta-kills. Last-Arcs tend to inflict between 500-700 of damage.

- Speaking of the Last Arc, after using it, you gain power from it, I think it starts from 100 MC. Last Arcs deplete all the powerbar.

- MB chars never gain meter from EX attacks/Arc drives or Last Arcs. Keep that in mind.

- As mentioned before, the window to cancel into special attacks is too small, increase it a bit more.

- Also, is there a reason why his 2C can't Reverse Beat? Is it intentional or was left unattended?

That's my feedback for now.
-This issue has already been mentioned and it is temporary. It will be fixed in the next update. ~600 should be enough (value taken from MB).
-Now this should not happen. Anything that could give him power was set to 0.
-Looks like I forgot to remove that when copying states. Will be fixed.
-Will be fixed.
-Not intentional.
#31  May 15, 2017, 05:45:09 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
#32  May 15, 2017, 06:09:06 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
So...Something weird happened when I was recording a fight.
Ah. It most likely is something about Ares. You should not be able to recover. I probably should have made this sequence of attacks unblockable just in case of this happening.

I need to know something. I have been looking at some data to see how much I need to reduce or increase Susanoo's damage, but now I am not sure what to do.  Original Susanoo's attack deal higher damage (6B is 70*2, jC is 64*2, 5D is 91, 6D is 95, Blade of Judgement is 136, Splintering Thrust is 150, etc if we consider 12000HP to be same as 1000HP) while having relatively same combo potential. 9's MB Night of Wallachia deals even more damage in MUGEN (5C is 150) and he is not hindered in that area either. What should I do?
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:14:57 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#33  May 15, 2017, 11:46:25 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
More Feedback but from Ares himself (he talked with me over discord) regarding the video I posted:

-The reason why Ares_BB is able to recover is because Susanoo's attack isn't a custom state. As long as it's not a custom state and it's state number 5100 (the hit ground state) you can recover from that. Unblockable coding bypasses guarding states not recover states
#34  May 15, 2017, 11:54:07 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
More Feedback but from Ares himself (he talked with me over discord) regarding the video I posted:

-The reason why Ares_BB is able to recover is because Susanoo's attack isn't a custom state. As long as it's not a custom state and it's state number 5100 (the hit ground state) you can recover from that. Unblockable coding bypasses guarding states not recover states

Usually recovery states check if recovery is possible before you can do it. That is weird. Using custom states is not a good idea as it has its own problems (all attacks hit more than once, resulting in massive damage), but I would rather try to fix that than leave it hanging.

Making it unblockable would simply ensure that the attack will at the very least not be blocked and rendered useless.
#35  May 16, 2017, 07:49:29 am
  • WOLUFUFUFU♪
    • Thailand
    • sryutaro.wixsite.com/ryutarofuture
Oho, You work faster for susano'o than me.  :o
#36  May 16, 2017, 08:38:22 am
    • Japan
#37  May 16, 2017, 05:08:53 pm
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
I found a bug that I found while VS. against the AI.
-He walks during roundstate = 1; when both players are standing waiting for the round to begin.

Also, I scaled him 1:1 and added localcoord = 1280, 720, instead of his original xscale = 0.31 | yscale = 0.31. I have to multiply all his velocity values (hitdefs included) by 131% to reflect the 1 to 1 scale change. It's up to you if you want use localcoord within Susanoo.def; but I would recommend it since you can scale the character by localcoord while keeping the same velocity values.

Here is the video showing the round state bug and his velocity staying the same after scaling his x/y scale to 1 with local coord 720. Watch at round 2, he starts walking while the round has not begun yet.
#38  May 16, 2017, 05:16:28 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
-He walks during roundstate = 1; when both players are standing waiting for the round to begin.

Also, I scaled him 1:1 and added localcoord = 1280, 720, instead of his original xscale = 0.31 | yscale = 0.31. I have to multiply all his velocity values (hitdefs included) by 131% to reflect the 1 to 1 scale change. It's up to you if you want use localcoord within Susanoo.def; but I would recommend it since you can scale the character by localcoord while keeping the same velocity values.

Here is the video showing the round state bug and his velocity staying the same after scaling his x/y scale to 1 with local coord 720. Watch at round 2, he starts walking while the round has not begun yet.

That is how it works in Melty Blood although I am not sure if MB characters by 9 do it. If they don't (with same config settings as Susanoo), then we have a problem.

I will consider doing that. It will take some time, that is something I am sure of.
#39  May 17, 2017, 10:30:44 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

This is source accurate from MB. Pre Actress Again, 9's characters (includes Kisarai Ryuto's Rin) can only walk forward or back, but with Actress Again versions, they can jump too. Can be disabled in the config files.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#40  May 17, 2017, 12:22:23 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Expect an update within this week. Some of the original effects and j.D will come along with bug fixes.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:22:31 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#41  May 19, 2017, 11:41:08 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
i was looking  for that blazblue electric hitspark when clashing
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#42  May 19, 2017, 05:59:09 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
i was looking  for that blazblue electric hitspark when clashing

I am afraid you are in the wrong place for that. Try asking on dustloop.

Certainly looks better:

I cannot replicate shattered ground effects (they use 3d models), so, I have to use Archetype: Earth's effects. If you know anything that looks better and does not clash with other sprites too much, let me know.
#43  May 19, 2017, 06:09:14 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Wow, have you ripped the effects from various Youtube videos of Blazblue Central Friction?

I don't know, the appearance of the effects in the screenshots gives me this impression.
#44  May 19, 2017, 06:20:50 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Wow, have you ripped the effects from various Youtube videos of Blazblue Central Friction?

I don't know, the appearance of the effects in the screenshots gives me this impression.

I have not. Those are their original textures I have edited in photoshop to look like they do in CF. Unfortunately, that does not work for all effects.
#45  May 20, 2017, 03:01:43 am
    • Japan
Personally i think those looks awesome! : D
#46  May 21, 2017, 12:25:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) updated (21.05.17)
#47  May 21, 2017, 05:24:58 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I hope I did not forget anything.
https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix
-Replaced most of the graphical effects
-Nerfed all specials, EX attacks (except for Hunter's Fang), Arc Drives and Last Arc's damage
-Fixed Splintering Thrust catching projectiles (he still grabs it, but animation cuts straight to punching the wall)
-Fixed Hunter's Fang A (it was meant to have OTG properties, but since he skipped frame 1, he never hit)
-Fixed EX specials and Arc Drives gaining power on hit
-Fixed strict command input time
-Attempted to fix Splintering Thrust not releasing the enemy
-EX Hunter's Fang no longer has an extended hitbox behind Susanoo
-Added Susanoo's j.5D as j.2C
-Increased 6A's hitstun and hitpause and changed 6A's framedata to be closer to the source

-Changed Liberating Dagger's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed Strike of the Possessed God finisher's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3B's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3C's framedata to be closer to the source
-2C no longer knocks the enemy down on the first hit
-Slightly modified AI (now it uses Arc Drive after successful Splintering Thrust if possible)

Aside from that, I have decided to make Izanami next. She is not available in MUGEN in any shape or form (not even from other series if I am not mistaken, which is surprising) and now that I have access to most of her effects, she will not be much of a problem. Perhaps I will use Unlimited Izanami and Highlander Assault Izanami's movesets as well. But that will happen only once Susanoo is done.
Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:13:45 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 21.05.17)
#48  May 21, 2017, 11:21:27 pm
    • Japan
I hope I did not forget anything.
https://www.mediafire.com/?pa6o6qhts7sh1ix
-Replaced most of the graphical effects
-Nerfed all specials, EX attacks (except for Hunter's Fang), Arc Drives and Last Arc's damage
-Fixed Splintering Thrust catching projectiles (he still grabs it, but animation cuts straight to punching the wall)
-Fixed Hunter's Fang A (it was meant to have OTG properties, but since he skipped frame 1, he never hit)
-Fixed EX specials and Arc Drives gaining power on hit
-Fixed strict command input time
-Attempted to fix Splintering Thrust not releasing the enemy
-EX Hunter's Fang no longer has an extended hitbox behind Susanoo
-Added Susanoo's j.5D as j.2C
-Increased 6A's hitstun and hitpause and changed 6A's framedata to be closer to the source

-Changed Liberating Dagger's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed Strike of the Possessed God finisher's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3B's framedata to be closer to the source
-Changed 3C's framedata to be closer to the source
-2C no longer knocks the enemy down on the first hit
-Slightly modified AI (now it uses Arc Drive after successful Splintering Thrust if possible)

Aside from that, I have decided to make Izanami next. She is not available in MUGEN in any shape or form (not even from other series if I am not mistaken, which is surprising) and now that I have access to most of her effects, she will not be much of a problem. Perhaps I will use Unlimited Izanami and Highlander Assault Izanami's movesets as well. But that will happen only once Susanoo is done.

Woooaah Huge Update. Nice Buddy! Gonna definitely try this out. DEFINITELY can't wait for your Izanami! :D
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 21.05.17)
#49  May 22, 2017, 12:31:42 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
Going to test him once I have time.
And good luck on Izanami.
#50  May 22, 2017, 02:08:45 am
    • Brazil
How disable the walking animation, before the start of round ?
#51  May 22, 2017, 09:14:49 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
#52  May 22, 2017, 11:29:06 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
It would be great if someone else could make all the remaining Blazblue characters with this style.
#53  May 22, 2017, 01:45:08 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
it seems his combo can lead almost 100% combo (if you watch the ai combo patterns after air throw follow up the rugal god presses thing lol the moment it connects the combo resets and giving you alot of punishment almost take 3/4  life left or almost an insta kill of that combo)his combo dmg is quite high in MB standards  and also his gain meter is quite fast even its a combo he needs some nerfs on his basic attacks and dmg control he can combo almost 60% follow ups his special twice like the first i mention of dat ai combo patterns

does his gameplay base in MBAC or MBAA or the MBAACC version

im aware of MBAC has high dmg value during combos  in AA they tone it done a bit 
#54  May 22, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
it seems his combo can lead almost 100% combo (if you watch the ai combo patterns after air throw follow up the rugal god presses thing lol the moment it connects the combo resets and giving you alot of punishment almost take 3/4  life left or almost an insta kill of that combo)his combo dmg is quite high in MB standards  and also his gain meter is quite fast even its a combo he needs some nerfs on his basic attacks and dmg control he can combo almost 60% follow ups his special twice like the first i mention of dat ai combo patterns

does his gameplay base in MBAC or MBAA or the MBAACC version

im aware of MBAC has high dmg value during combos  in AA they tone it done a bit 
Looking at how his AI works is not a good idea as it...um...deliberately cheats here to account for its inability to fully utilize his moveset (for example, he will never use Inevitable Calamity to counter certain attacks or null projectiles, use Dancing Dual Kick to move below certain attacks without getting hit, etc) outside of a full game enviroment. It cancels attacks when a player cannot do it (most of normal specials cannot be cancelled into other normal specials, but AI frequently does that with Blade of Judgement, Liberating Dagger and Hunter's Fang). It does not do it as soon as he hits (that would be ridiculous) and I have programmed it to avoid infinite combos (it will always use Megalith after EX Splintering Thrust even though it can use Blade of Judgement and continue this combo until the enemy dies), but it happens before the animation ends, so, it still counts as cheating. I will admit that this is not how it should be done. As for meter gain, it was left from the original character, completely untouched outside of attacks that should not gain any meter.

It is from AC.
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:35:27 pm by Takehaya Susanoo
#55  May 22, 2017, 05:17:38 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
no wonder the combo dmg is soviet tier but honestly i suggust you should nerf those dmg value and add power value on their attacks yet honestly he can have AA/AACC gameplay just pick your personal moon type that fits for him (since AC represents Cresent moon Style) also make that bars visible since not all users know how to do that
#56  May 22, 2017, 06:13:35 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
no wonder the combo dmg is soviet tier but honestly i suggust you should nerf those dmg value and add power value on their attacks yet honestly he can have AA/AACC gameplay just pick your personal moon type that fits for him (since AC represents Cresent moon Style) also make that bars visible since not all users know how to do that
I do not know what to think of this. Compared to 9's other AC characters, damage output is normal if not a bit too low.
Giving him AA gameplay would require completely redoing him as they have different variables and states, plus I would have to think of a way to separate him into 3 moon styles. That is a lot of work.
#57  May 22, 2017, 06:41:13 pm
I alwais liked this amacing kami, i know someone can say im wrong, but maybe the ai for takehaya can be stronger?
too i dont think the attacks need nerf. Come on, they are suposed to be max level from the vegining right?. A, All my suport to you.
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 06:44:18 pm by raooo
#58  May 22, 2017, 06:50:51 pm
If you want an overly strong broken character or just a stronger one in general.
Increase his attack in the cns file.
#59  May 22, 2017, 06:52:25 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I alwais liked this amacing kami, i know someone can say im wrong, but maybe the ai for takehaya can be stronger?
too i dont think the attacks need nerf. Come on, they are suposed to be max level from the vegining right?. A, All my suport to you.

It could be made better, but I do not have the knowledge to further improve it.
That is not correct. All specials are unlocked, but they are at different levels as Melty Blood's specials work that way.
#60  May 22, 2017, 06:54:16 pm
What he wants is something more like an unlimited character.
aka throw balance out the window and make the character flashier and broken.
#61  May 22, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
    • Japan
Personally after your update, i think his Damage Values are perfect. People asking for nerfs PROBABLY have low damage rosters and think he's too powerful. But i don't think so.

Also, MB characters are known for their combo's, not to mention their ground juggling (I.E: Hitting opponent on the ground to re-launch into the air for more combo's).

I think you've done a superior job Takehaya. No character is perfect, but you've done spectacularly.
#62  May 22, 2017, 07:09:53 pm
Either that or they're someone who likes to have OP characters that are only good for watch mode.
You see them all the time on Youtube when it comes to Mugen.
Eh anyways I agree with Sylveon-Chan you did good for a first character this is great.(This coming from someone who's never made one...heh.)
Edit: Seeing the new comment I can agree with it being an optional mode.
Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:31:00 pm by Memes never die
#63  May 22, 2017, 07:26:23 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Personally after your update, i think his Damage Values are perfect. People asking for nerfs PROBABLY have low damage rosters and think he's too powerful. But i don't think so.

Also, MB characters are known for their combo's, not to mention their ground juggling (I.E: Hitting opponent on the ground to re-launch into the air for more combo's).

I think you've done a superior job Takehaya. No character is perfect, but you've done spectacularly.

I do not think it is because their rosters have characters with low damage. The problem is that MBAC characters have high damage without losing high combo potential and so they end up sticking out like this.

Thanks.
Either that or they're someone who likes to have OP characters that are only good for watch mode.
You see them all the time on Youtube when it comes to Mugen.
Eh anyways I agree with Sylveon-Chan you did good for a first character this is great.(This coming from someone who's never made one...heh.)
Are more balanced characters truly less interesting than OP ones? It would make more sense if it would be more interesting to watch a match where it is hard to tell who will win.

Thanks, but he actually is not my first character. He is the fourth one.
#64  May 22, 2017, 07:29:32 pm
Huh it's your fourth well the more you learn.
I find balanced characters more interesting to play.
Also they're less limited in matchups because they don't curbstomp everyone.
Though by op I also tend to mean those characters that have horribly high damage output, infinites all day every day, instant kill screen filling unblockable attack, flash over substance kinds of characters that people seem to love in the Youtube Mugen community for some dumb reason.
Edit: Aka look at the Element character to see what i'm getting at....he's one of the lower tier op chars.
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:34:04 pm by Memes never die
#65  May 22, 2017, 08:03:17 pm
    • Japan
Huh it's your fourth well the more you learn.
I find balanced characters more interesting to play.
Also they're less limited in matchups because they don't curbstomp everyone.
Though by op I also tend to mean those characters that have horribly high damage output, infinites all day every day, instant kill screen filling unblockable attack, flash over substance kinds of characters that people seem to love in the Youtube Mugen community for some dumb reason.
Edit: Aka look at the Element character to see what i'm getting at....he's one of the lower tier op chars.

I have to agree. I really don't find the appeal of OP characters. Maybe cause their flashy? Idk.

I have some flashy characters in my roster, but their not OP. Im speaking specifically of MichaelArmaros's Touhou characters, and some others. But their damage is balanced and same with their combo's.

Characters like this Susanoo, are perfect. They have very nice effects/sprites and have nice flashyish moves, but are balanced enough to fit into fair rosters.

This Susano'o found himself permanently into my roster. I had no qualm's replacing an existing one with him.
#66  May 23, 2017, 11:27:29 pm
I dont say make him broken. Im talking of strenghten more his ai. He is the god susanoo, and maybe some option in config will fix the problema. Or maybe a 12 P?
#67  May 24, 2017, 12:15:11 am
    • Japan
I dont say make him broken. Im talking of strenghten more his ai. He is the god susanoo, and maybe some option in config will fix the problema. Or maybe a 12 P?

He may be Susano'o, but he's also a playable/selectable character in the source game as well, and he's not OP. You wanna know who's REALLY OP? Nine. I could see her being a Boss Character in this game. But if people wanna make a God/Boss character actually playable by...well players. Then i'm 1000% for it. God characters are just no fun to play as. You kill things instantly and their effects cover the whole screen.

AI is a different story, but i will never understand why people want extremely tough AI's that are able to do things players can't. Half the time you get your ass beat.
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (MB style) released 14.05.17, last update: 25.05.17 (patch)
#68  May 24, 2017, 11:23:08 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Looks like I have overlooked something. Here is a patch to fix it:

https://www.mediafire.com/?64186dxbclm25k0

-Added extra effects to Dancing Dual Kick
-Fixed OD Strike of the Possessed God resetting hit count during Dancing Dual Kick part, which caused it to deal more damage than it was meant to
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#69  May 25, 2017, 04:00:34 am
Silveon, i know he is playable, but story wise, he is really one of strongest. Defeating jubei and the others is not someting simple. I dont say making him a god who instakill with all but story wise susanoo its godlike in power. I dont like too chars which instakill with all, but a good ai is alwais interesting. After all, its ok because people alwais can decide how hard the ai is in config right?
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#70  May 25, 2017, 10:42:23 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Silveon, i know he is playable, but story wise, he is really one of strongest. Defeating jubei and the others is not someting simple. I dont say making him a god who instakill with all but story wise susanoo its godlike in power. I dont like too chars which instakill with all, but a good ai is alwais interesting. After all, its ok because people alwais can decide how hard the ai is in config right?

If your wish to witness a god's might is so strong, I can grant it. I was thinking of adding 4-5 options to the config file for the AI. I cannot make it smarter, but I can make it more challenging in the same way Abyss mode did it. Which is, to put it in simple terms, a bunch of baloney.
#71  June 07, 2017, 06:18:30 am
This character is fine in lots of ways other than blood heat HCBF.
If this hits an aerial opponent that cannot air recover all the hits will not register.
If it hits an aerial opponent who can recover the damage gets reset and it kills them.
I feel like the first hit should instantly set the opponent into a grounded state so this doesn't happen or something like that.
#72  June 07, 2017, 10:09:09 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

He may be Susano'o, but he's also a playable/selectable character in the source game as well, and he's not OP. You wanna know who's REALLY OP? Nine. I could see her being a Boss Character in this game. But if people wanna make a God/Boss character actually playable by...well players. Then i'm 1000% for it. God characters are just no fun to play as. You kill things instantly and their effects cover the whole screen.

AI is a different story, but i will never understand why people want extremely tough AI's that are able to do things players can't. Half the time you get your ass beat.

How is Nine OP?
My hat is a pancake.
#73  June 15, 2017, 07:45:39 pm
    • USA
sorry to bother you but i have a problem with the susanoo for some reason when i download it and open the rar file with win rar all i see is notepads and an act folder so i make it into a folder and i put it into the mugen chars folder then i put it into the select and when i opened the mugen i dont see susanoo
#74  June 16, 2017, 06:01:44 am
  • M.U.G.E.N SHALL NOT DIE!!!
    • USA
Ah, this character is quite fantastic
a great addition to M.U.G.E.N

I can't wait too see more great work
from you

(I'd love to see Terumi >w<)
#75  June 16, 2017, 06:11:53 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
This character is fine in lots of ways other than blood heat HCBF.
If this hits an aerial opponent that cannot air recover all the hits will not register.
If it hits an aerial opponent who can recover the damage gets reset and it kills them.
I feel like the first hit should instantly set the opponent into a grounded state so this doesn't happen or something like that.

I haven't encountered this issue. But I have encountered something I should fix. The Liberating Dagger part of it kills the enemy and if you use this attack when too close to the corner, Susanoo cannot reach the enemy until he goes into Hunter's Fang part.
This could work. If I remember correctly, Strike of the Possessed God causes ground bounce on aerial enemies in BlazBlue. I could make an untechable version for this move.

sorry to bother you but i have a problem with the susanoo for some reason when i download it and open the rar file with win rar all i see is notepads and an act folder so i make it into a folder and i put it into the mugen chars folder then i put it into the select and when i opened the mugen i dont see susanoo

There should be .sff, .air, .snd files as well. What was the folder's name?

Ah, this character is quite fantastic
a great addition to M.U.G.E.N

I can't wait too see more great work
from you

(I'd love to see Terumi >w<)

Thanks and I am currently working on him, so, you will see him soon.
#76  June 16, 2017, 06:32:39 am
  • M.U.G.E.N SHALL NOT DIE!!!
    • USA
OH AMAZING ^^

I can't wait!
Only i can wait....XD

Good luck with him
#77  June 27, 2017, 03:11:18 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I know that I'm late for this but I just picked up this Susano'o. I enjoyed playing him with this MB arrange on him. btw, I play Susano'o in BBCF so playing him in MB arrange is quite a nice change oh phase

After playing him for a bit, I suggest nerfing his A version of Splintering Thrust by making it blockable since it have corner carry combo potential to it while being fast to do too. B version can stay as unblockable since that one comes out slow just like in the source.

Also, Hunter's Fang doesn't fully connect after the first hit.

I'll say more when I find more stuff.
Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:15:27 am by krudelu
#78  June 28, 2017, 11:45:10 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I know that I'm late for this but I just picked up this Susano'o. I enjoyed playing him with this MB arrange on him. btw, I play Susano'o in BBCF so playing him in MB arrange is quite a nice change oh phase

After playing him for a bit, I suggest nerfing his A version of Splintering Thrust by making it blockable since it have corner carry combo potential to it while being fast to do too. B version can stay as unblockable since that one comes out slow just like in the source.

Also, Hunter's Fang doesn't fully connect after the first hit.

I'll say more when I find more stuff.

I could make it more like a mobile 6A (instead of grabbing the enemy, he would simply punch them like he does when he reaches a wall).

I will take a look at it again.

I have just found a really bad oversight. Susanoo can spam EX specials by inputting their commands while using normal specials. This depletes his meter, but he does not actually need to have any meter to do it or even a target as it is supposed to be. AI does not exploit that, but a player can quickly kill the enemy with Liberating Dagger spam.
#79  June 29, 2017, 07:02:16 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Corner carry combos are alright but if the move like A splintering thrust is unblockable while being easier to connect with his combos due to how fast it comes out, it'll allow him to open up their defense way too easy during the blockstring. This is why I suggested it to be blockable. With this, players can use the A version for combo purposes while the B version for the unblockable version but slow to come out. It's alright to keep the A version as it is but make it blockable.
#80  July 23, 2017, 02:44:02 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
For some reason he isn't appearing in my roster.
My hat is a pancake.
#81  July 23, 2017, 02:47:02 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#82  July 23, 2017, 02:49:45 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My hat is a pancake.
#83  July 23, 2017, 02:51:39 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#84  July 23, 2017, 02:55:29 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My hat is a pancake.
#85  July 23, 2017, 03:02:45 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Can you please make the Arc Drive more responsive? Because QCF and QCB in Mugen aren't responsive unless their coded in a certain way.  I also feel like the combo system is a bit broken since he can combo in to moves he (seemly) shouldn't combo into.
My hat is a pancake.
Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:25:57 am by Weiss Circal
#86  August 19, 2017, 05:04:34 pm
  • The most unoriginal person ever.
  • Play more fighting games.
    • Skype - blackmagicianzio

I can do this, a bit ridiculous ain't it?
#87  January 10, 2018, 12:57:08 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
It has been a while. Without further ado, here is the new patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fycw0apgdqcmc98/Susanoo%20Patch%2010.01.18.rar?dl=0
Now he is fully compatible with MUGEN 1.0 and most of his frame data has been changed to be accurate to how it is in BlazBlue. Of course hitboxes and knockback remain the same, but pretty much everything else has been changed. This should also fix the 6A infinite, among other things. There are no major graphical updates aside from Dancing Dual Kick and Roar of the Mad King. His damage might be off again as it was changed to match the source.
#88  January 10, 2018, 01:18:31 am
His HCBF+C still acts weird when hitting midair characters as seen here. https://streamable.com/jdbie
Also I don't think the move should still be unblockable.
Also I don't know how but I somehow triggered him going into AI mode.
And his meter acts kinda funny in training mode. Something just makes it so he can't do supers or use the meter for anything anymore somehow.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:22:29 am by Memes never die/Manby
New #89  January 10, 2018, 01:45:49 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
His HCBF+C still acts weird when hitting midair characters as seen here. https://streamable.com/jdbie
Also I don't think the move should still be unblockable.
Also I don't know how but I somehow triggered him going into AI mode.
And his meter acts kinda funny in training mode. Something just makes it so he can't do supers or use the meter for anything anymore somehow.
I know how to fix this. Will be done.
Ah, forgot about that.
I do not know how that happens. I had it happen with Terumi and Izanami as well.
I cannot find what causes it, but I know when it happens in the game (if his meter runs out in MAX mode, it becomes locked at 2000 with all supers unusable).
EDIT: link updated. These should be fixed now. I failed to locate the cause of the problem with his meter, but I managed to fix it anyway.
Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:10:07 am by Susanoo-no-Mikoto