YesNoOk

Maki Genryusai (Updated 11/21/18) (Read 15982 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, November 01, 2018, 05:01:26 am
Share this topic:
Maki Genryusai (Updated 11/21/18)
#1  November 01, 2018, 05:01:26 am
  • Was it something I said?
Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:05:57 am by Knuckles8864
Re: Maki
#2  November 01, 2018, 06:22:25 am
Nice glad to see Maki completed, I cant download her though.
#3  November 01, 2018, 06:27:13 am
  • "THE WORLD"
cant downolad
#4  November 01, 2018, 06:35:00 am
Link Updated. My bad.
#5  November 01, 2018, 07:43:02 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
So, you finally released her. My Congratulations, you made a really solid Maki!
Some feedback:
-While you listed Head Bomber as possible to execute with PP AND KK, KK command doesn't work. It isn't a problem, just a mistake in ReadMe.
-Maybe that's supposed to be like that, but Bushin Gokusa Nage is kinda hard to execute on KFM. Of course, sometimes it connects, but it mostly missed for me.

-Again, maybe it WAS intentional, but with Hayagake: Kubikari it's REALLY easy to leap over KFM.

-It seems I can't execute Grounded Ajaratengu. Airborne one is going smoothly though.
Didn't find any bugs. Like I said, Good Job, man!
Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:47:14 am by Trololo
#6  November 01, 2018, 07:41:34 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Grounded Ajatarengu can only be done right as you're landing from a jump. Timing is very strict, but it can be done.

The only thing I've noticed is Super Renbukyaku can only be done with a full bar, despite it being a Level 2 super. Still a very fun character to play, actually thinking about adding her to my list of mainstays.

Edit: I have found a few things now, gonna make a short list of them here.

- KO'ing the opponent with Maki's kick throw will cause the frame right before she knocks them away with the last kick will cause their sprite to be misaligned.
- This is the bug that happened only once. Sometimes when going for the "Grounded" variation of Ajaratengu, the move won't actually go off, but you'll still have lost two meters.
- She should have a landing sound during her winpose where she jumps up a bit.
- Switching from Saka Hayagake to Hayagake, there's a landing sound when she stops to run to the other side, but that sound isn't there when going from Hayagake to Saka Hayagake.

I'll add more to this list if I find anything else, but I'm still enjoying her a lot.
Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:02:26 am by Project.13
#7  November 03, 2018, 03:12:05 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
The Beshin Fungeki is just an Extended version of the Ajaratengu used by RajaaBoy for his Maki and I feel as if the Super Reppukyaku (Also from RajaaBoy) would be more suitable for a LVL3 for being more different.
#8  November 04, 2018, 12:14:56 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I feel like the Super Reppukyaku should stay as it is, it's not really special enough to warrant it being a Level 3, imo. I do agree that Bushin Fungeki should be swapped out though.

I personally feel like a better fit for Maki would actually be Guy's Ultra 1 from Street Fighter IV: Bushin Goraisenpujin. I think Maki has all sprites to pull it off, or at least something similar to it.

Some more feedback and a suggestion for one of Maki's moves.

- The Level 1 and MAX variations of Ajaratengu have Maki doing the same shout for the final ground slam, despite the proper sound for MAX Ajaratengu's final slam being in the sound file.
- EX Tengu Daoshi feels very same-y compared to Level 1 Ajaratengu. I'd suggest instead of having her slam the opponent on both walls, keep her to one wall, but have her spin when taking the opponent down like with MAX Ajaratengu, or have her suplex the opponent on the ground twice similar to EX Hayagake's finishes.
#9  November 07, 2018, 11:06:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
In a fight against Maki, I noticed something: She doesn't fight back.
#10  November 07, 2018, 11:08:30 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
Re: Maki (Updated 11/21/18)
#11  November 21, 2018, 07:05:01 am
Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy with work and such.

So, you finally released her. My Congratulations, you made a really solid Maki!
Some feedback:
-While you listed Head Bomber as possible to execute with PP AND KK, KK command doesn't work. It isn't a problem, just a mistake in ReadMe.
-Maybe that's supposed to be like that, but Bushin Gokusa Nage is kinda hard to execute on KFM. Of course, sometimes it connects, but it mostly missed for me.

-Again, maybe it WAS intentional, but with Hayagake: Kubikari it's REALLY easy to leap over KFM.

-It seems I can't execute Grounded Ajaratengu. Airborne one is going smoothly though.
Didn't find any bugs. Like I said, Good Job, man!

-Fixed that. My bad.
-Made the distance a little more on that one.
-Made the jump lower.
-As Project.13 said, only on landing from a jump does it work.

The only thing I've noticed is Super Renbukyaku can only be done with a full bar, despite it being a Level 2 super. Still a very fun character to play, actually thinking about adding her to my list of mainstays.

- KO'ing the opponent with Maki's kick throw will cause the frame right before she knocks them away with the last kick will cause their sprite to be misaligned.
- This is the bug that happened only once. Sometimes when going for the "Grounded" variation of Ajaratengu, the move won't actually go off, but you'll still have lost two meters.
- She should have a landing sound during her winpose where she jumps up a bit.
- Switching from Saka Hayagake to Hayagake, there's a landing sound when she stops to run to the other side, but that sound isn't there when going from Hayagake to Saka Hayagake.

I'll add more to this list if I find anything else, but I'm still enjoying her a lot.

-Fixed that Super Reppukyaku issue. Forgot to fix it when it was released.

-Fixed.
-Weird. Haven't replicated yet, but I'll see if I can do that.
-Added.
-Added as well.

I do agree that Bushin Fungeki should be swapped out though.

I personally feel like a better fit for Maki would actually be Guy's Ultra 1 from Street Fighter IV: Bushin Goraisenpujin. I think Maki has all sprites to pull it off, or at least something similar to it.

Some more feedback and a suggestion for one of Maki's moves.

- The Level 1 and MAX variations of Ajaratengu have Maki doing the same shout for the final ground slam, despite the proper sound for MAX Ajaratengu's final slam being in the sound file.
- EX Tengu Daoshi feels very same-y compared to Level 1 Ajaratengu. I'd suggest instead of having her slam the opponent on both walls, keep her to one wall, but have her spin when taking the opponent down like with MAX Ajaratengu, or have her suplex the opponent on the ground twice similar to EX Hayagake's finishes.

After thinking about it, I also agree. I do imagine the end state with her kicking her opponent up from the end of Bushin Gouraiha, and then possibly Ajaratengu again, making it a more violent side of Goraisenpujin. However, I can't think of a good start without thinking of the the full Bushin Gouraiha.

-Fixed
-Changed it to your second suggestion. See what you think. :)

In a fight against Maki, I noticed something: She doesn't fight back.

Yup. No A.I. for now. If anyone wants to add one, go right ahead.

Link has been updated, and thank you guys very much for being so patient with me. You guys are wonderful. :)
Re: Maki Genryusai (Updated 11/21/18)
#12  November 29, 2018, 01:06:28 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Another great job Knuckles8864. Thanks for the release and the updates. :)

Oh, i see that Jmorph's Rolento doesn't have the Special Intro with her.
@Jmorph, any plans for an Intro Patch?

MCX

#13  November 29, 2018, 01:40:37 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8R4G_SnjUY[/youtube]

It has the intro, download Rolento again
#14  November 29, 2018, 07:17:08 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8R4G_SnjUY[/youtube]

It has the intro, download Rolento again
Indeed it does, I already told Jmorphman about it on his WIP topic a while back. Good thing The Sudden Rarity bring that up.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#15  November 30, 2018, 02:04:27 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#16  November 30, 2018, 08:28:07 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Maybe it's just me but after Maki got hit in air right after she whiffed Ajaratengu, she goes to hit stand up anim in air!
This is fate.
#17  December 02, 2018, 04:52:51 am