YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1082287 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (inspired)
#541  June 23, 2015, 01:50:11 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I like the detail you added to the abs, and the change of color on the wrist, HQ's looked really shiny, while yours has a good kind of blend. :)

Seeing how this thread has been resurrected, I might as well try my hand at another Z2 style character. :)
This is a generic forum signature.

HQ

#542  June 23, 2015, 02:54:04 am
thanks Alex ;)

Thinking of it,
a) I now recall why one should do the sprites from player 1 perspective - there is something wrong with the pose if mirrored...
b) we could easily make Kid Buu a community project if enough people are interested. Zero made some good work and maybe he also wants to work as a group on this one.
Here's a fast mock up for a charge animation, basically we could convert the Hyper Dimension sprites (which need to be adjusted first), smoothing out the animation a bit and then draw the lines, someone colours them, someone shades them, etc...
Obviously I could create animations for it, make them more fluid (like this one here) and also do the lines. What do you guys think of that?

Krillin is also another opportunity, as he is also not that big and the Extreme Butoden Rips could really be put to good work there.

EDIT:
Also, is this close to Z2 style?
Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:22:53 am by HQ
#543  June 24, 2015, 01:35:06 am
  • Not for sale
That Krillin looks fucking sick, oh my god.

Edit: Oh, it's from Extreme Butouden
Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:42:30 am by AugustAPC
#544  June 24, 2015, 01:42:57 am
Comparing the edit with loki972's sprite:

I prefer loki's. Sorry. It would need some little edits to feel up to date.
Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:46:38 am by Alex Sinigaglia

HQ

#545  June 24, 2015, 02:18:29 am
small update, on the face, the pants and tried Loki's colours:

That's fine Alex, yet can you explain why? Is the shading Z2 style now? What needs to be done to make it more Z2 style?
I'm afraid it is the overall pose and head turned forward/down that makes it look different to the other sprites

lui

#546  June 24, 2015, 02:32:43 am
    • USA
i think its the hands for me. they look a bit too detailed, the sprites on the Z2 characters usually have like cartoonish hands that are a bit swollen looking. look at Goku's for an example
#547  June 24, 2015, 08:10:05 am
    • USA
The EB sprites are an amazing reference for Z2 style. Will probably update the chest armor a bit here and there but for now this was just a quick practice.

#548  June 24, 2015, 07:18:18 pm
    • Canada
Whether or not you want to use this is up to you, HQ. Perhaps some of the changes aren't for the better.

A few changes were made to the palette, as there were 2 skin midtones that were very similar. I deleted one and added a dark shade. Most of the changes were made to the face really.
Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:26:16 pm by Barker
#549  June 24, 2015, 08:11:25 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

Give him bigger belt and feet, change his costume to sayan saga, a more dinamic pose and im sold.
Krillin its my dream z2 char, the EB sprites can be a good base, but they need to have some parts regarding proportions converted properly.
Also EB lacks a lot of frames and anims compared to a standart z2 char, Eb sprites are a good base to draw over, would mostly recycle his head and face if i where developing him
#550  June 24, 2015, 08:28:10 pm
    • Canada
Now that's more like it ^^^ Only thing I'd maybe change is the arm on the left looks a bit flat because of the vertical line from bicep to shoulder.

The outfit and stance is better here. The EB sprites could still be useful for posing and a first draft, but if someone were to make a Z2 sheet it would have to be almost entirely from scratch.
#551  June 24, 2015, 08:32:25 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I say go from scratch and use EB sprites as references for Krillin is a better way to go. It keeps in line with the originality of HDBZ that Balthazar was aiming for, and makes as a good art exercise. :)

Other than that great work guys. :D
This is a generic forum signature.

HQ

#552  June 24, 2015, 10:35:44 pm
Great teamwork guys :) I'll look into each improvement to see how I can get better at doing these. It is great to see everybody improve on each others spriting advances & feedback. That way we will have an army of Balthazar - clones in a few months hahaha

Give him bigger belt and feet, change his costume to sayan saga, a more dinamic pose and im sold.
Krillin its my dream z2 char, the EB sprites can be a good base, but they need to have some parts regarding proportions converted properly.
Also EB lacks a lot of frames and anims compared to a standart z2 char, Eb sprites are a good base to draw over, would mostly recycle his head and face if i where developing him
Yeah I'd also love to do Krillin - If we have one stance set into "stone" I can start with animating the basics - such as get hits, walks, jumps, crouch - clearly they would need to be sprited properly out of them though. The lack of frames in EB can easily be bridged by me doing inbetweens.
#553  June 25, 2015, 12:29:29 am
    • USA
Looking good HQ. I'd definitely go with the Saiyan Saga outfit, you taking on Krillin for yourself or are you trying to gather up a team to help you? If so you can count me in especially after all the help you have given me for Vegito.
#554  June 25, 2015, 01:07:36 am
Yeah I'd also love to do Krillin - If we have one stance set into "stone"

Daeron's got the right idea. I think he's posted a sprite in that stance before, too.

#555  June 28, 2015, 09:02:10 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
Hey guys, I tried out Z2 style, what do you think? It's my DBZ OC 'Leon Cruz'  I kinda cheated by using Gohan as a base but aside from that, what do you guys think?
Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:20:40 pm by zboyx8
#556  June 29, 2015, 11:24:03 am
These are pretty old, from the beginning of the year, Balthazar and Omega can verify that:

I don't have plans to make it a project yet since I have another Z2 char as a wip (slow but steady, you can guess who it is), I prefer to don't do it alone and I must focus in my commissions.

I love to know that she is a char in DBZEB, I always used her in SSW, I'll save money to buy that game and even if the characters' arsenal and animations can be better that game is what I always wanted.

All looks great ;)

BUT he for sure shrinks in the walking animation - seeing that his legs are slightly bent in the stance

also, you know the more you practice Z2 style - the more we ALL expect a new full Dragonball character from you  :innocent:

Thanks, well it was for the transition from Stance to Walk, originally he was tall as you suggest but we weren't that convinced.

#557  June 29, 2015, 11:54:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
(slow but steady, you can guess who it is)

kamesennin's Turtle pet z2?
#558  June 30, 2015, 04:10:06 am
I thought we agreed to keep it as a secret!

#559  June 30, 2015, 05:36:04 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
Lol I see TMNT GBA sprites in there. Very clever.
#560  June 30, 2015, 01:44:55 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Hey guys, I tried out Z2 style, what do you think? It's my DBZ OC 'Leon Cruz'  I kinda cheated by using Gohan as a base but aside from that, what do you guys think?

Neat. Is he a Super Saiyan or is he just a blonde guy?

Wow, these look fantastic. They fit right in and animate beautifully. If anyone ever takes on 18 as a project, this should be used as a base <3
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack