YesNoOk

Jotaro Kujo -Updated 6-16-2019 (Read 14255 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, May 31, 2019, 10:02:35 pm
Share this topic:
Jotaro Kujo -Updated 6-16-2019
#1  May 31, 2019, 10:02:35 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:35:34 pm by Infinite Intel.
Re: Jotaro Kujo
#2  May 31, 2019, 10:10:47 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Thanks for the hard work and effort you put into Jotaro. I can't thank you enough for doing this character in your style.
#3  May 31, 2019, 10:14:30 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Ok now this is quality content. Another good hit into the CVS/PotS Guest Lineup.
PS: His F,F is listed as Run instead of Dash Forward. oopsie.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  May 31, 2019, 10:22:44 pm
When Jotaro runs and crouches it takes half a second for his crouching jab or crouching kick to come out.
When you quickly dash back  and input any hyper/ special motion or press any button jotaro sits there and does nothing.

Thanks for the release.
#5  May 31, 2019, 10:29:26 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Very nice jotaro. definitely a keeper in my roster.
-His light kick plays a punch sound instead of a kick sound.

That was all i found so far will let you know if i find anything else.

Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#6  May 31, 2019, 11:06:34 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#7  May 31, 2019, 11:38:51 pm
Dunno if those are just Jotaro's recovery frames but standing normals are still affected by this.
https://streamable.com/8hcdw
All of the others were resolved but just the standing normals are still a bit delayed.

Edit: A good example of this would be Makoto she has those compose frames or whatever but she can cancel out of em when she uses a normal

Edit 2: none of the standing normals can cancel into a super. (Fclass)

Edit 3 Jotaro is also unable to move forward or backward  during those compose frames.

Bar the compose frame kinks I feel Jotaro is solid, good work.
Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:18:42 am by PeXXeR
#8  June 01, 2019, 04:18:51 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

ORA! Nice work. :)
#9  June 01, 2019, 06:35:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Dunno if those are just Jotaro's recovery frames but standing normals are still affected by this.
https://streamable.com/8hcdw
All of the others were resolved but just the standing normals are still a bit delayed.
fixed
Edit 2: none of the standing normals can cancel into a super. (Fclass)
fixed
Edit 3 Jotaro is also unable to move forward or backward  during those compose frames.

Bar the compose frame kinks I feel Jotaro is solid, good work.
fixed
#10  June 01, 2019, 06:35:39 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
- Not sure what's considered too much damage from 'the World', but I can get combos to hit 650 (734, if I combo a jumping attack into the World)

- He's having the issue to where on some stages (I've counted 10 for me) after the 3rd level finish of 'the World', he won't come in from off screen.  I can list which of my stages do this, if it helps.

- Forgot to mention this during testing, but for Max Star Breaker, since it ground bounces, is it intentional to not be able to combo after it?
#11  June 01, 2019, 12:26:12 pm
The forward dash still has that issue though. You can dodge after it to keep the pace up.
https://streamable.com/iavmv
His damage is also a tad bit too high for 1 bar you can get damage in the 300's ( well in  an ideal situation like training)

Thanks for the update
He's getting better with everyone of em.

Edit: Dunno if this is an AI thing, but when the AI parries it can attack on the same frame.
Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:15:11 pm by PeXXeR
#12  June 01, 2019, 08:11:21 pm
blazing strike doesn't kill opponents affected by the world.
#13  June 01, 2019, 09:55:11 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Rapid Upper is kind of wonked when it hits. In addition to the sprites in the animation sort of repeating and compounding on top of each other, the swinging sound also plays on top of itself until the animation for the move ends.

Edit: Also, I think Star Finger's hitsound be a slash instead of a hit, though that might be intentional on your end.

Two more things I noticed: Super Finish text on Star Destroyer actually says "Star Derstroyer" and sometimes when Star Platinum is out doing his thing and Jotaro does a normal attack, Star Platinum will shout out instead of Jotaro. It's easier to notice with Blazing Strike, it doesn't always happen, and I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, but I figured it's worth mentioning.
Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:10:10 pm by Project.13
#14  June 02, 2019, 07:00:56 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
His damage is also a tad bit too high for 1 bar you can get damage in the 300's ( well in  an ideal situation like training)
that sounds like a get, not given.
Edit: Dunno if this is an AI thing, but when the AI parries it can attack on the same frame.
I ran literally hundreds of AI matches, I haven't seen that yet but just in case I put a limiter on his AI attack states where he shouldn't be able to attack from the parry states.

Rapid Upper is kind of wonked when it hits. In addition to the sprites in the animation sort of repeating and compounding on top of each other, the swinging sound also plays on top of itself until the animation for the move ends.
fixed
Edit: Also, I think Star Finger's hitsound be a slash instead of a hit, though that might be intentional on your end.
added
Two more things I noticed: Super Finish text on Star Destroyer actually says "Star Derstroyer"
fixed
sometimes when Star Platinum is out doing his thing and Jotaro does a normal attack, Star Platinum will shout out instead of Jotaro. It's easier to notice with Blazing Strike, it doesn't always happen, and I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, but I figured it's worth mentioning.
fixed

blazing strike doesn't kill opponents affected by the world.
I think you are talking about the damage done? the blazing fist does multiple hits so I nerfed it when in the World, I gave it a little more punch now but I don't want easily aboused.

- Not sure what's considered too much damage from 'the World', but I can get combos to hit 650 (734, if I combo a jumping attack into the World)
OK, I nerfed The World Damage

- He's having the issue to where on some stages (I've counted 10 for me) after the 3rd level finish of 'the World', he won't come in from off screen.  I can list which of my stages do this, if it helps.
I haven't had this happen yet so this one is tough, maybe I don't have the right stages well most of the stages I use nowadays are made by Shiyo Kakuge, does it happen on any of his stages?

- Forgot to mention this during testing, but for Max Star Breaker, since it ground bounces, is it intentional to not be able to combo after it?
That was kind of limited the full charge made it easy to do but forgot about the regular Max bounce, OK, I tweaked it but only certain specials and supers work after.

-also fixed chain combo modes.

Updated
#15  June 02, 2019, 08:34:23 am
no what i mean is it doesn't kill oppoenents even if they have no hp left.
#16  June 02, 2019, 01:07:23 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Thanks for the release, Infinite and Shadic12 as well for commissioning. It's finally nice to see a well done Jojo character in this style. I posted a little late, but I think most of the issues are ironed out after my testing.

You should clarify that it won't knock out the opponent if you used any variation of the Blazing Strike-Mach Ora move only and used no other moves. If you perform anything else along with the move, it will. Just use more attacks besides that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#17  June 02, 2019, 02:16:22 pm
Thanks for all the updates, Jotaro feels  waay smoother to play as right now.
#18  June 02, 2019, 06:03:31 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I haven't had this happen yet so this one is tough, maybe I don't have the right stages well most of the stages I use nowadays are made by Shiyo Kakuge, does it happen on any of his stages?

Not to my knowledge (may have to try those stages).  But, the stages I have affected are
- ALASKA_BASE_REVISITED by MOTVN (which is odd, as I have 5 other stages of his, and they aren't affected)
- On the Blackbird by NightWing (V.E.A.C.H)
- On the Blackbird noon by The Immortal
- Practice Makes Deadly (Night) by Kung Fu Man
- Dudley SF3 SI by Caddie
- Terry, MotW round 1 by Caddie
- Charlie's SFA stage by VegazParrelli
- Jardin Academico by Panda
- Chicago 1960 Jean Bureau
- Blast Furnace by VegazParrelli
#19  June 02, 2019, 07:19:27 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
You should clarify that it won't knock out the opponent if you used any variation of the Blazing Strike-Mach Ora move only and used no other moves. If you perform anything else along with the move, it will. Just use more attacks besides that.
Yeah, I didn't quite understand, but now I do Fixed.

Not to my knowledge (may have to try those stages).  But, the stages I have affected are
- ALASKA_BASE_REVISITED by MOTVN (which is odd, as I have 5 other stages of his, and they aren't affected)
- On the Blackbird by NightWing (V.E.A.C.H)
- On the Blackbird noon by The Immortal
- Practice Makes Deadly (Night) by Kung Fu Man
- Dudley SF3 SI by Caddie
- Terry, MotW round 1 by Caddie
- Charlie's SFA stage by VegazParrelli
- Jardin Academico by Panda
- Chicago 1960 Jean Bureau
- Blast Furnace by VegazParrelli
Fixed and I got a really good Dudley stage out of it. :mlol:

Thanks Everybody for the comments and feedback.
#20  June 02, 2019, 07:28:53 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
What can I say? You did an outstanding job! Do you plan to make even Dio Brando with POTS Style?
This is fate.