YesNoOk

Build 22573 (2/7) (Read 16146 times)

Started by FrantzX, February 07, 2009, 12:16:33 pm
Build 22573 (2/7)
New #1  February 07, 2009, 12:16:33 pm
    • code.google.com/p/xnamugen/
Get xnaMugen Build 22570 22573 here!

A bunch of random bug fixes, once again centered about Jesuszilla's Felicia.

Fixes animation drawing issue with scaling & animation element offset.
Fixes issue with explods lasting for one tick too many & animating one tick off.
Improved command input reading for negative edge commands. Fixed in Build 22573
Started work on new diagnostic window.

Only one .exe file now. Debug settings are now controlled by the xnaMugen.ini file.

"Debug Settings" -> "ShowDiagnosticWindow"
Self explanatory

"Debug Settings" -> "KeepLog"
Determines weather to keep the log file.

"Video Settings" -> "VSync"
VSync toggle.

"Game Settings" -> "PreloadCharacterSprites"
Determines to fully load all the sprites in the character's sprite file before combat start or weather the sprites are loading on demand.
True means longer loading. False means you might have stuttering during the fight are more sprites are loaded.

EDIT: Currents fixes for the next release
Fixed issue with animation element offsets.
Fixed issue with persistent state controllers.
Fixed issue with InGuardDist trigger.
Fixed issue with command checking during hitpauses. Allows for followups & canceling to work.
Fixed issue with Explod positioning on creation.
Fixed issue with PalFx state controllers & Explods with OwnPal = false.
Fixed issue with ScreenPos trigger.
Fixed issue with combat state changes while in a foreign state.
Fixed issue with Explods removed with RemoveExplod not being removed immediately.
Fixed issue with Helpers removed with DestroySelf not being removed immediately.
Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:22:03 am by FrantzX
Re: Build 22570 (2/7)
#2  February 07, 2009, 12:34:36 pm
OK. It looks like I screwed something up with negative edge commands. I'm looking into it.
#3  February 07, 2009, 12:48:37 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Err, could you email me with the current build? I can't seem to DL the file from your site, likely becuase of my browser.
#4  February 07, 2009, 01:00:20 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It took some time for me as well, but it works. Hint : change your browser maybe ???
#5  February 07, 2009, 01:03:49 pm
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
IE sucks, Firefox uses a shit ton of memory (bad for me, as I use a crappy-ass computer), and Chrome isn't complete yet.
Re: Build 22573 (2/7)
#6  February 07, 2009, 02:49:21 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#7  February 07, 2009, 10:22:56 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Getting some wierd flip settings that weren't there before. I have Y offset in the .air for kirby during his run jump Y. It's also V flipped. The offset isn't applying, it was in the last version.

Requesting persistent implementation for the next one. I can't tell if some of the wierd shit i get is because of this, or the way the engine is treating certain code.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  February 07, 2009, 11:13:36 pm
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
#9  February 08, 2009, 01:40:07 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Still have the same problems as beore, only this time with no spark flickering.

Most of the same problems as before.

General
  • Still having shader problems!!!
  • Characters slide when they go from walk to guard or crouch.
  • Characters stay guarding for too long. To see what I mean, get a character close to an opponent and press X. Be sure not to hit them. Continue to hold back to guard. It should automatically end as soon as the attacker returns to statetype = I.

Felicia
  • Can't chain or cancel like I should, and follow-up to Rolling Scratch (QCB+P) is too strict in this engine; I can barely get it to come out at all.
  • Please Help Me! doesn't work at all.
  • The land spark in the custom land state (1305) is misaligned.
  • Groove Point display is misaligned and has incorrect PalFX whenever Felicia gets hit.
  • Super KO BG is misaligned in Capcom grooves. It should always be in the center of the screen, regardless of position on the stage.
  • Just Defense message is off to the side of the screen.
  • Her position shifts from the intro to the start of the round when it shouldn't. Probably happens with other characters as well.
  • Ground hit sound doesn't play when I KO with Dancing Flash (Felicia vs. Felicia, although the problem could exist with other characters as well).
  • I can't parry.

Also found a weird bug: If I select Vs. Mode using H and Y, then it crashes. o_O Found this out by accident.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:25:18 pm by Jesuszilla
#10  February 08, 2009, 10:27:41 am
Getting some wierd flip settings that weren't there before. I have Y offset in the .air for kirby during his run jump Y. It's also V flipped. The offset isn't applying, it was in the last version.

Requesting persistent implementation for the next one. I can't tell if some of the wierd shit i get is because of this, or the way the engine is treating certain code.

Persistent state controllers are already in xnaMugen and have been for months. I did change how animation element offsets are handled & that could be the issue. I'll download Kirby & give him a try.

EDIT: Fixed.
EDIT again: Found & fixed issue with persistent state controllers. The persistent check was return the reverse value (true when it should be false, false when it shoud be true).
Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:44:39 pm by FrantzX
New #11  February 08, 2009, 12:34:27 pm
To Jesuszilla:

General
  • Still having shader problems!!!
    This is about the black pixels in the select & versus screens, right? Not going to be fixed for a while. Most likely an issue with the spritefile, some error WinMugen is either ignoring or accounting for. I'll fix it eventually, but it's a low priority issue.
  • Characters slide when they go from walk to guard or crouch.
    State 10 is for standing to crouching. There is a controller for reducing X velocity, but nothing to set it to 0. Which would be that it must be handling internally. I should have this fixed in the next version
  • Characters stay guarding for too long. To see what I mean, get a character close to an opponent and press X. Be sure not to hit them. Continue to hold back to guard. It should automatically end as soon as the attacker returns to statetype = I.
    Fixed. There was a bug in the "InGuardDist" trigger.

Felicia
  • Can't chain or cancel like I should, and follow-up to Rolling Scratch (QCB+P) is too strict in this engine; I can barely get it to come out at all.
    Fixed. Command checking was fixed to working correctly during hitpauses. Also it would be nice if there was some documentation stating that there was follow-ups to Rolling Scratch. Just saying...
  • Please Help Me! doesn't work at all.
    I'll look into this.
  • The land spark in the custom land state (1305) is misaligned.
    Fixed. Apparently, MUGEN sets an Explod's intial postion when the Explod first updates, not on creation. In your state 1305, you create an Explod and the next controller changes Felicia's position.
  • Groove Point display is misaligned and has incorrect PalFX whenever Felicia gets hit.
    Fixed. It was caused by a bug with Explods with OwnPal = false. The PalFX would update twice a tick. Also fixed mislignment of the display.
  • Super KO BG is misaligned in Capcom grooves. It should always be in the center of the screen, regardless of position on the stage.
    Fixed. Bug in "ScreenPos" trigger not accounting for if the camera had moved.
  • Just Defense message is off to the side of the screen.
    Fixed. Issue was caused by Explod removed by RemoveExplod were not removed immediately but on their next update.
  • Her position shifts from the intro to the start of the round when it shouldn't. Probably happens with other characters as well.
    I'll look into this.
  • Hitsparks seem to flicker near the end of their animation. Dunno what exactly is going on, though.
  • Ground hit sound doesn't play when I KO with Dancing Flash (Felicia vs. Felicia, although the problem could exist with other characters as well).
    Fixed. Bug with if you were in a foreign state & got hit while in it. Your state was changed to the correct get hit state of the other characters states, not your own.
  • I can't parry.
    Reversals are not implemented yet.
Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:20:59 am by FrantzX
#12  February 08, 2009, 08:51:14 pm
Initial post updated with bug fixes that will be in the next release of xnaMugen.
#13  February 08, 2009, 09:04:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
While you are doing the hitpause-cpommadn fix, also rmember that helper's commands do not get buffered on the parent's hitpause. so, in the hitpause parent,command="holddown" && command = "holdwon" is not a redundant trigger.
#14  February 08, 2009, 09:25:02 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Oh, ignore that hitspark flickering thing. I copied and pasted because most of the errors were the same, but I forgot to remove that one.
#15  February 08, 2009, 09:37:20 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Once more.

I love your work ethic.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.