YesNoOk

SNES TMNT:TF Armaggon release (Read 7294 times)

Started by Coloness, September 03, 2013, 05:45:27 am
Share this topic:
SNES TMNT:TF Armaggon release
#1  September 03, 2013, 05:45:27 am
    • Canada
:V BUWAH

This is my first character, so please be gentle. so please rip me into shreds.
Anyhoo, Armaggon is a TMNT Adventures character that managed to sneak into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters fighting game. He's not source accurate, since the game's mechanics are kinda messed up and I wanted to put some spin into it. I initially wanted to make a KFM edit, but 6 special moves + 2 supers + tons of existing KFM edits = I got demotivated.

UPDATED 2013-09-03
Download link

Some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
i hate fighting games
Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:06:17 pm by Coloness
Re: SNES TMNT:TF Armaggon release
#2  September 03, 2013, 06:28:57 am
  • I'm a llama!
Well we welcome you to the mugen community and so glad you didn't make another KFM very nice choice for a first character.
Ill test the waters later lol
#3  September 03, 2013, 06:43:07 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Well... It certainly IS better than the one I had previously in my collection. Nice work! :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#4  September 03, 2013, 09:14:26 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
hey for a first character this isn't bad at all! the effects are kind of clashy but that's more of an aesthetic thing than gameplay. good work though, not finding anything that wrong here (although the throws look slightly wonky, might test those a bit more later)
#5  September 03, 2013, 09:53:06 am
    • Canada
the effects are kind of clashy but that's more of an aesthetic thing than gameplay.
Yeah, I can see why. If I had the time, I would rip out the TMNT:TF effects but university's coming up :/

MelvanaInChains said:
good work though, not finding anything that wrong here (although the throws look slightly wonky, might test those a bit more later)
C throw is pretty janky looking, I'll take a second look at the source game. Let me know if you find anything wrong.

Thanks for the feedback!
i hate fighting games
#6  September 03, 2013, 02:52:35 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Really nice!

I enjoy that you stayed true to the charge motions for Armaggon.

Maybe you could add a simple taunt and a running (just re-use the walking animation, but make it quicker for a "running" animation).
#7  September 03, 2013, 07:18:42 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i can dig it....this looks great...and welcome to MFG! XD downloadin asap
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#8  September 03, 2013, 07:59:35 pm
  • For honor!
The "first character" trope, the screenshots, and the author's signature gave me a horrified first impression.

Upon trying the character out, everything about it impressed me including the read-me. I think the part that I like most is you kept him a charge character which is really saying something in a world where customized charge characters are often converted to the quarter circle ad nauseam (Which particularly bugs me because I have a thing for charge characters). KOF XIII fx on 16 bit body sprites aside, You avoided a lot of common mistakes in general actually and threw out a fun character with deceptive depth to it.
Iroha stripped for me
#9  September 03, 2013, 08:54:32 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Hey this is a really nice surprise.

I can't seem to find anything too bad about it other than what was mentioned about the throws (and the effects but eh).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#10  September 03, 2013, 09:06:21 pm
    • Canada
Updated the character. Thanks for the welcome (although I was already here for a bit :V)

Changes:
- Updated README to include more information
- Added custom landing state to C throw, making it look slightly less worse and removing the unblockable. Still looks bad though
- Added a quick taunt, use it as a fireball fake or something
- I'm not adding a run.

Stuff to fix for next version if I have time:
- Meaty low unblockables after a reset because opponents go into state 52 when they land. e.g. hitting opponents out of the air with a st.A and then doing a cr.B as they land. This seems like it could be solved with an abundance of custom states, but...
- Restand combos if you time your normal correctly after a CH juggle
- Janky throws
- Those damned shiny hitsparks

If anybody has some ideas/solutions on the first two before I tackle them, that'd be awesome.

The "first character" trope, the screenshots, and the author's signature gave me a horrified first impression.

i wanna be the very worst
i hate fighting games
#11  September 05, 2013, 05:03:06 am
  • SWEET JUMPING CTHULHU ON A POGO STICK!!
:V BUWAH

This is my first character, so please be gentle. so please rip me into shreds.
Anyhoo, Armaggon is a TMNT Adventures character that managed to sneak into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters fighting game. He's not source accurate, since the game's mechanics are kinda messed up and I wanted to put some spin into it. I initially wanted to make a KFM edit, but 6 special moves + 2 supers + tons of existing KFM edits = I got demotivated.

Actually Armaggon was in the comics a lot during the nineties, and you you could do a lot worse, villain wise, than mutant, cybernetically enhanced shark-men from the future, as for the character, For a first character, it's excellent, easily the best of any I've seen