YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1523994 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1741  August 07, 2017, 12:22:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ah, this was a very good episode, but the negative reactions were expected, it was full fo nice if ntoe ven clever jokes, far better than the usual toriyama .

to explain one joke, toppo specifically saying it was bad manners to interrupt them was part of the joke, as he is a sentai/power rangers universe representative and theya re also ones that depend on morphing.
#1742  August 07, 2017, 02:34:39 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Yeah but Toppo is not the guy to do that, especially after the evil stare and talk he gave Goku before the huge fight started. He was all business when he was talking to him, and that wasn't Toppo rather some goof from the same Universe  as those girls. They could of switched him with a person of her Universe and I would of gave my rating on it a higher one, but that wasn't justice to me. Everyone knows Nagata from NJPW is the only man who delivers true justice.

I'm happy to see Gohan getting some shine next week, really hoping Gohan is the one who faces Jiren in the end and beats him. Now we know what Goku might achieve going forward, but let's say it isn't enough and Gohan has to step in and beat him that would make me happy. If Goku beats Jiren in the end I think this tourney would be a waste of time to give him enough win on his belt.
#1743  August 07, 2017, 02:39:32 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Toppo was fine. He even got his pose in.
#1744  August 07, 2017, 02:52:06 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...There's no conflict between Jiren and Gohan though?  There would be no emotional value at stake.  Besides blanketing everything under "The universes are at risk".  Which has lost its value after we started turning this into training grounds for Universe 6 and others started pulling jokes.  And unless we're presuming Jiren and Gohan are literally the last two left, Goku being the third to last that Jiren supposedly beats.  And even then I still don't buy it being a worthwhile ending.  Goku started this stupid tournament, he should end it.

Plus, though it's nothing but causing dead brain cells at this point, but power level wise, if we're expecting anything past God Goku levels out of Jiren, then Gohan's not even scratching him.  Though at this point in the series that can just as easily be hand-waved away.  Annoyingly so.

lui

#1745  August 07, 2017, 03:01:07 am
    • USA
Yeah but Toppo is not the guy to do that, especially after the evil stare and talk he gave Goku before the huge fight started.

wtf yes he is. he's the most obviously glaringly sentai ripoff there is. that's how it is in their shows, when faced with evil they get all serious but when faced with other things it becomes silly.

it's a obvious jab at the concept of long ass transformations and topo adding on why it's so important to him just adds to that so much.
#1746  August 07, 2017, 03:30:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Toppo is very obviously a sentai universe thing and its silly to think that he wouldnt value transformations and poses.

Dude would fawn over ginyu if he showed up with his full group. That was a great moment..
#1747  August 07, 2017, 03:52:53 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
I highly disagree with these statement their group represents Power Rangers and Super Sentai, but Toppo and Jiren themselves don't represent it all.  Toppo might pose here and there for comical effect, but rewatch his scenes before all of this.  Like I said they gave us alot of Toppo before the fight and he's not that hookie type of character. The guy was talking to his crew about making sure things need to be in order with the other Pride Troopers taking care of their home as they went to go fight with the Universe. This is the same guy who steamed at Goku for all this happening and wanting to take this guy down before this tournament even started. 

If he wants to be that average character, then he needs to get eliminated so we can see more of Jiren. Right now all were getting is teases of his power and I want the full Meal.  I think were 6 Episodes into the fight, and I think 39 mins? Calculate how many Episodes were going to get more before this is done, unless we get some shadey type of stuff coming up when the going gets tough.
#1748  August 07, 2017, 03:59:00 am
    • USA
Toppo and his team have a extreme boner for posing before fighting and you actually find him showing sympathy towards the magical girl ripoffs wanting to finish their pose out of character and weird?

I have no idea what to tell you.
#1749  August 07, 2017, 04:04:38 am
cool episode, I really like what they did with A17.
#1750  August 07, 2017, 05:24:09 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Obviously if you were serious at one point then you must be serious all the time.

No gags allowed.

lui

#1751  August 07, 2017, 05:49:24 am
    • USA
Obviously if you were serious at one point then you must be serious all the time.

No gags allowed.

THIS IS DRAGONBALL HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT CHARACTERS CAN BE SILLY THIS SERIES FILLED WITH MAGIC PIGS, A PSYCHOTIC RABBIT, MAGICAL GIRLS, GUYS WITH SPIKEY GLOWING HAIR, DINOSAURS AND 11 YEAR OLDS WITH 6-PACKS SHOULDNT ALWAYS BE SERIOUS MAN. DB IS A FUCKING MASTERPIECE OF STORYTELLING AND MUSCLES AND POWER LEVELS ARE ZOMG GREAT XDDDDDD
#1752  August 07, 2017, 05:59:32 am
I can kinda see his perspective though. I mean, this is a tournament where the losers will vanish from existence. It's a total setting dissonance for characters to act as if they forgot the high stakes that this fight has, humorous as it may be.

I guess it can be excused with everyone being overconfident like Goku but yeah, not exactly what you'd expect from a game of life and death.

lui

#1753  August 07, 2017, 07:11:55 am
    • USA
thats the point of their archetypes tho, toppo's group is sentai and ribrianne's is magical girls.

them being extremely silly and goofy at a time in need is typical since that is what their shows are meant to do, they are meant to stand up in the name of evil according to them and not fall into a pit of despair and yadayadayada. basically they're supposed to inspire confidence to any kids that watch it especially considering that the stakes in their shows are really high and can result in a lot of death but they don't back down anyways.

its very common magical girl and sentai tropes and the episode pokes fun at that by having the other characters think they're pretty weird for it
#1754  August 08, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
The Pride Troopers are The Ginyu Force rip-offs and repeats. The only difference is that they are good guys. Both Pride Troopers and Ginyu Force are Tokusatsu's Super Sentai references.  We already knew that Super was a repeat of previous material.
#1755  August 08, 2017, 11:20:26 pm
Why do you say this like you think anyone on the planet didn't know that already
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1756  August 09, 2017, 11:32:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

No gags allowed.

THIS IS DRAGONBALL HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT CHARACTERS CAN BE SILLY THIS SERIES FILLED WITH MAGIC PIGS, A PSYCHOTIC RABBIT, MAGICAL GIRLS, GUYS WITH SPIKEY GLOWING HAIR, DINOSAURS AND 11 YEAR OLDS WITH 6-PACKS SHOULDNT ALWAYS BE SERIOUS MAN. DB IS A FUCKING MASTERPIECE OF STORYTELLING AND MUSCLES AND POWER LEVELS ARE ZOMG GREAT XDDDDDD
n-n-no memey shit!! No fanservice! Blood and badass only! Toryama doesnt know how to write and i could do bettteeeeer \s

Bears to remember that universe nine was even doing cheerleading videos for zamasu godtube channel.  The flaws and main traits of those characters are always exagerated because db is at its heart a gag anime about combat.
#1757  August 10, 2017, 09:42:59 am
Byakko, please stop commenting on everything I say. I am asking you kindly.

Btw, is anybody still reading Dragonball Multiverse? Things are getting interesting.
#1758  August 10, 2017, 09:46:02 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1759  August 10, 2017, 09:52:58 am
Okay let me clear this up man. I am not here to answer you about my own posts all the time. If you think my posts are repetitive, you could be more gentle. I think you should stop being a wise guy. So I am done telling my part. No discussions. I want to keep this topic Dragonball Super related and not make it a 1 on 1 thing.

lui

#1760  August 10, 2017, 09:57:36 am
    • USA
...and you're doing that by actively answering byakko, repeating yourself yet again, keeping the argument going 1-on-1 anyways and keeping it anything BUT Dragonball Super Related?