YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830315 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2441  September 19, 2017, 06:05:15 am
    • Mexico
if you want to know who's gonna be dlc, here it is:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdt7CUjNKiM[/youtube]

apparently gill's not gonna be here

The DLC characters were brought into discussion a few pages ago.
About the video, Max suggests the idea that Black Widow took the spot from a Capcom character. Don't know, but that just sounds off. And while one could theorize that Marvel forced Capcom to do that, it still sounds a iffy that they'd do this for the DLC, they could've as well just told Capcom to remove their own characters and turn the project into a Marvel Super Heroes remake.
And now that I come to think of it, 4 Marvel characters but only 2 from Capcom? This honestly reminds me of that fake r/kappa leak from a few weeks ago. That leak had 6 Marvel characters and 7 Capcom characters. Venom was one of them and he's in. Add the other 12 characters to the roster, and you restore parity for both sides. Makes me wonder if there will be more Capcom characters than Marvel ones for 2018 or if they'll just throw out anyone without any care for parity on the roster.
Also, that tournament sounds pretty gimmicky, but who knows, maybe it might be interesting to watch.
#2442  September 19, 2017, 06:12:39 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
if you want to know who's gonna be dlc, here it is:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdt7CUjNKiM[/youtube]

apparently gill's not gonna be here

The DLC characters were brought into discussion a few pages ago.
About the video, Max suggests the idea that Black Widow took the spot from a Capcom character. Don't know, but that just sounds off. And while one could theorize that Marvel forced Capcom to do that, it still sounds a iffy that they'd do this for the DLC, they could've as well just told Capcom to remove their own characters and turn the project into a Marvel Super Heroes remake.
And now that I come to think of it, 4 Marvel characters but only 2 from Capcom? This honestly reminds me of that fake r/kappa leak from a few weeks ago. That leak had 6 Marvel characters and 7 Capcom characters. Venom was one of them and he's in. Add the other 12 characters to the roster, and you restore parity for both sides. Makes me wonder if there will be more Capcom characters than Marvel ones for 2018 or if they'll just throw out anyone without any care for parity on the roster.
Also, that tournament sounds pretty gimmicky, but who knows, maybe it might be interesting to watch.

i know, it just seems unfair: 4 marvel characters and 2 capcom characters

what, is marvel like more popular than capcom nowadays
#2443  September 19, 2017, 06:18:09 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The "twist" sounds so weird.  So the "stone champion" can alter the rules of a match in their favor only once?

Yeah, this is gimmicky.

All that really seems to me is that they are going to make this a complete joke.

Just keep it like the typical Capcom Cup Tournament because if there aren't ground rules on what can be altered....
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2444  September 19, 2017, 06:25:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
"I'll use my magical stone powering winning privileges to force my opponent into selecting a team of my choosing so I can easily counter that team throughout the set mwahaha"
#2445  September 19, 2017, 06:25:54 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I dunno I kind of like it
Kind of feel like yugioh or something like that
Still that match between combofiend and fchamp was great so I cant wait to see more
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2446  September 19, 2017, 06:32:22 am
  • The Goddess Returns
"I'll use my magical stone powering winning privileges to force my opponent into selecting a team of my choosing so I can easily counter that team throughout the set mwahaha"

That's exactly the type of thing I see will be abused if they don't leave some type of ground rules.
Forcing it to only be 30 seconds, making the opponent use a team they don't know how to play/be easily countered, have there be only one round to win, etc. like it just screams it to be abused.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2447  September 19, 2017, 07:15:58 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
https://marvelvscapcominfinite.com/battle-for-the-stones/

Infinity Stone Use

Infinity Stones only have special functions during the “Battle for the Stones” finals at Capcom Cup.
Infinity Stone abilities will be revealed at each corresponding Infinity Stone Tournament.
All Infinity Stones can only be used one time per Stone Bearer, and then can no longer be used by that Stone Bearer for the rest of the tournament.
A player may not use two Infinity Stones during a single set. However, two Stone Bearers can use their stones during the same match or set.

Stone Acquisition

Infinity Stones can obtained initially by winning one of six Qualifying Tournaments.
During the Battle for the Stones Finals, if a Stone Bearer is defeated, the winner of that match now obtains their Infinity Stone, which can then be used once by the new Stone Bearer during the tournament.
Evo Champions may not win an Infinity Stone from a Qualifying Tournament

The Evo Champions have already ascended to beyond-omega power levels, they are not eligible to win a stone from a Qualifying Tournament. In the event they win an Infinity Stone Qualifying Tournament, the Infinity Stone will be passed to the next eligible player.

In the event that the next eligible player is a tie, the two tied players will play a 3/5 set to determine who wins the Infinity Stone and qualifies for the Battle for the Stones Finals.
No competitor may win multiple qualifying spots for the Battle for the Stones Finals

In short, the stone abilities are preset so no "force your opponent to play blindfold" scenarios.  Can only be done once in a 3/5 set and if the stoner loses, he forfeits his stone to the player.

EVO Champions however are Marvel Gods so they are forbidden to use the stones if they win against stoners.
Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:23:22 am by Kirishima
#2448  September 19, 2017, 07:59:40 am
#2449  September 19, 2017, 08:56:30 am
    • Brazil
#2450  September 19, 2017, 09:00:23 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#2451  September 19, 2017, 10:46:51 am
So the deluxe version statues are a joke too (shocking) and now tournament gimmicks to manufacture excitement, on top of everything else. Yeah, I'm officially done with giving this game any time, too many other games out now that aren't transparent esports pandering with little else to offer.

"But-but, the gameplay." It's current year you're supposed to have good gameplay, you don't get a medal for that.
#2452  September 19, 2017, 01:06:10 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I too think that the marketing of a video game is more important than the game itself.  I only buy games to support their advertisements.
#2453  September 19, 2017, 02:18:05 pm
This is current year, there are bajillions of video games, when you can support one with good gameplay and good marketing vs good gameplay and shit marketing the choice is clear.
#2454  September 19, 2017, 02:23:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
After watching story mode, here are my thoughts...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2455  September 19, 2017, 03:12:30 pm
I too think that the marketing of a video game is more important than the game itself.  I only buy games to support their advertisements.

I also make responses without looking at the bigger picture too.

It artistically regresses from MvC3 despite being done a generation later, that in itself is worth scrutiny. Story mode does not make up for a lack of overall presentation resemblant to that of a college project. I'm not gonna go lolCapcapom about it (Marvel obviously has blame too and I actually pin most of it on them), but wow talk about burning good will. This is not getting to the criticized roster, it being yet another unsatisfying single player package, and questionable DLC choices (locking half of the in-game boss behind a paywall lmao).

It's far more than advertising, I did kinda put "on top of everything else."
Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:22:59 pm by Niitris
#2456  September 19, 2017, 03:39:49 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Dude this entire game is one big shameless advertisement for the MCU.
#2457  September 19, 2017, 04:12:20 pm
    • USA
This is current year, there are bajillions of video games, when you can support one with good gameplay and good marketing vs good gameplay and shit marketing the choice is clear.

That's a load of superficial bullshit.  A game should be judged by its actual content,  not what some stuffed shirt in a marketing department made up to try and sell it to people.  This game has its fair share of problems, no question, but a tournament with a few goofy rules isn't one of them. 

#2458  September 19, 2017, 05:47:51 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Dude this entire game is one big shameless advertisement for the MCU.

This. It's obvious from the word go that this was nothing more than sheer advertising for MCU way more than Capcom.

That's a load of superficial bullshit.  A game should be judged by its actual content,  not what some stuffed shirt in a marketing department made up to try and sell it to people. This game has its fair share of problems, no question, but a tournament with a few goofy rules isn't one of them. 
That sounds completely contradictory there...
I've seen the advertising of the game and it's damn obvious they do their damnest to hide how shit the game looks and never really focuses on any of the characters that we know have obvious issues(I don't think they fixed Chun's body or her proportions at all, let alone other characters in that front) and pretty much comes off as a hack job.

And as you "stated", the game has so many problems, even their Collector's Edition comes off as incredibly half-assed for $200 dollars.
But how is the tournament rules not a problem for most people considering it's gimmicky as all hell and can easily come off as cringe? Nothing sucks worse than losing simply because "I have some crappily made stone(unless this is where Capcom made certain to make their stones look good) and you don't, so I'm just going to fuck you because who cares for fairness?" It literally feels like a real life X-Factor for me and that is not okay at all.

#2459  September 19, 2017, 06:08:16 pm
    • USA
Are you being forced to participate in that tournament?  Are you not allowed to purchase the game unless you agree to only ever play by that set of rules?  Is the collector's edition the only version of the game?  No.  A one time tournament with a mediocre gimmick or a subpar collectible doesn't have anything to do with the actual game itself.
#2460  September 19, 2017, 07:19:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That sounds completely contradictory there...
??? Am I missing something here? What exactly is contradictory between a statement saying "a game should be judged by the actual in-game content" and one saying "this particular game has its share of problems, but the tournament (which isn't even part of the in-game content) isn't one of them"?