YesNoOk

Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea (Read 86830 times)

Started by hatter, July 23, 2015, 05:00:12 am
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea
#41  July 28, 2015, 04:25:25 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Huh. The more I know. Didn't know Ken had a Hadou mode thingie, much less a REVERSE Hadou. Interesting.

Yeah, concepts are generally easy to deal with off the bat. 3D models should be pretty easy to do these from, if you know where to find them of course. Though what will you do if some of them DON'T have 3D models like Primm/Purim or Crono?

Also, don't forget to check up on Lenneth since it seems you came in after I updated with her! ^^

Yeah I never knew about the reverse Hado either.

Purim and Crono are actually very easy to draw, so I can definitely go about hand drawing them. Some characters like Dux and Vieg will be hand-drawn regardless due to a lack of 3D resources floating about (not sure about Vieg, but I know that there aren't any 3D models for Dux floating around, just a concept image by Square Enix :()

Just looked at Lenneth, I like how certain attacks adhere to only certain weapons like Infinity Blast and Spread Shot. I think it's possible to program that, the change between her sword and bow would probably work like Ryu changing into Evil Ryu in MvC1, and all I'd have to do is create her animations without the sword and bow, and add them in the final stages of frame detailing. So in either case, it's both a good idea, and something I can do (although it'll be time consuming, but I probably won't work on this until maybe very later on, so meh).
This is a generic forum signature.
#42  July 28, 2015, 05:21:35 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Are they? I suppose they would be a bit easier than 3D models, though dunno just how detailed you're going to get with some of these sprites either (Purim seems to like her bling a bit from what I see haaa).

Yeah, I wanted Lenneth to be able to switch between rushdown and ranged, like you could do with her in the source games. All of her moves in those were dependent on what weapon she had on (so some moves you'll never see while equipped with a specific weapon). I was going to do something similarly with Gilgamesh, but instead was going to make it so that if you used Swap Weapon, his attacks will have additional effects that can happen at random, like increased/decreased damage, stun, and the like (no statuses though with his weapons).

What I COULD suggest doing is making it so that her weapons aren't part of her actual sprite and their own sprite instead, and you just add them together via coding or whatever. I've seen this done on some instances (for example, Ibuki's hair is similar to this, and I'm sure there are weapons that follow this format too in MUGEN).
#43  July 28, 2015, 05:24:50 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Are they? I suppose they would be a bit easier than 3D models, though dunno just how detailed you're going to get with some of these sprites either (Purim seems to like her bling a bit from what I see haaa).

Oh the pixel art'll be detailed alright, but it won't be crazy, I may omit certain details if they don't translate well into pixel art.

What I COULD suggest doing is making it so that her weapons aren't part of her actual sprite and their own sprite instead, and you just add them together via coding or whatever. I've seen this done on some instances (for example, Ibuki's hair is similar to this, and I'm sure there are weapons that follow this format too in MUGEN).

Yep, Ibuki's hair was what I was thinking of going about it. ^_^
#44  July 28, 2015, 05:35:06 am
    • USA
Well, I wouldn't imagine them being full spot-on like in their original sprites/art. That's just asking for pain lol. Gilgy being the prime suspect here! All should be interesting to see though (you already know who I'm waiting to see the most lol).

Ah. Well seems we were both on the right mindset there! At least that would ease up the pain of dealing with that. And not being a completely different set of sprites like some other characters would've been! >_<

I might do the other movesets for characters already from other games, though don't expect them to really change much from their previous versions. I can't think of much else that Captain Commando, Strider, and them will have outside of the games they're in!

EDIT - Added in Demitri, Morrigan, Haggar, and Strider Hiryu. Strider and Haggar are pretty much the same as in MvC. Demitri doesn't have Demon Blast (which was going to be a secondary Level 1) as I opted out of it to not have too many characters with multiple supers, and Morrigan actually is a bit different in that she doesn't have the MvC laser or the missile barrage move. Instead, she got Cryptic Needle from Darkstalkers 2 (I've never seen this move myself) and Dark Harmonizer from the same game I believe. All of her other moves are still the same though.

EDIT #2 - Added in Zero. Zero's going to be the most technical character in terms of gameplay I feel as already noted in his comments, and is a mix of his MvC3 and SVC Chaos appearances. Tron is probably going to be primarily based on her MvC2 appearance, as I don't think she gained new moves anywhere else. Same with Captain Commando. Dante I'm having problems with, simply because his MvC3 moveset seems to revolve around him changing weapons? Which wouldn't be bad if it weren't...you know...changing weapons. Lenneth already does that, and I feel she's going to be a bit annoying to do. We don't need another character who needs multiple sprites for weapons at all time. He will probably only change to weapons during specific moves and rely mostly on Ebony & Ivory as well as his sword (darnit, I forgot the name of his sword now). I'll...try to think of something for him. Leon's another one that I'm struggling with, as I'm not sure what to do with him other than make him Chris Ver2.0. >_< )

EDIT #3 - Added in Captain Commando, Tron Bonne, and Dante. Dante takes some things from his MvC3 version as well as from his Playstation All-Stars version. Tron gains a new super in the name of Energy Canteen (think of Jill's Herb thing. Same thing pretty much, and it's not going to be a full heal either). Captain Commando is identical to his appearance in MvC2. Also formatted the lists a bit more so it's easier to read and better formatted. Hey, at least the movesets are being drafted up eh? And quite a few of them, even if some are rehashed from other games!

Oh, and a note on Dante is that I tried to make him a bit technical too like Zero, but not in the same way. While Zero focuses heavily in what buttons are inputted for his specials and whatnot, Dante focuses mostly on comboing his normal specials into his specials into his supers. Devil Trigger is there, which means if you're going to use it as an alternate form, that'll be more spriting. Or you can make it just be a buff that doesn't change his appearance like in PSASB (he went from brown hair to white hair pretty much there, but that's based on new Dante and not original Dante).

EDIT #4: Aya Brea added to the list. That one was quite fun to come up with, and thanks to a friend of mine who gave me the site that has all of the Parasite Eve stuff. However, Aya doesn't get anything from The 3rd Birthday, only the first two games. The next ones I may try to do, and probably the last set, are Viewtiful Joe, Tessa/Tabasa, Phoenix Wright, Hayato, and Cody (though Cody may be a bit...interesting. Especially if he's not going to be based on his SFA3 version, which I'm assuming not?).
Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:33:42 am by Xenomic
#45  July 29, 2015, 01:30:05 am
    • USA
I'll be working on those other 5 movesets later today. However, I have some curious inquiries about character replacements, if you so desire to change anyone.

Vanessa > Nina (Breath of Fire)
Serge > Akira (Live-A-Live), Asellus (Saga Frontier), Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep), Riesz (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Guile > Lezard Valeth (Valkyrie Profile)

As stated before, Serge and Guile don't have really anything to work with on their own. Lezard I feel would make a great representative for VP, and he'd be a great ranged fighter (with little to no melee options), as I would've envisioned Terra (though Terra obviously would have better melee options, she'd still be weak in it). Nina I feel is a great choice for the Breath of Fire series, which could use a good representative (and why yes, I think her BoFII design is the best one for this), and I have no idea who this Vanessa is at all (I looked it up, saw it was a 3rd Person Shooter game, so I know what the game is but ehhh...not sure what her moveset would even be!).

The last replacement I'm unsure of. Akira, again, was recommended by a friend of mine for a representative of a lesser-known game. Asellus could also be interesting, though I haven't looked into her yet. Aqua could also be interesting as being another ranged fighter, but with far better melee options than the other ranged fighters (but still not nearly as powerful). She'd also be quite different from Sora. Riesz well...I don't know. I know nothing about Seiken Densetsu or Riesz really, but I know it's a Square game! And that there's one made by UJI ha...

Of note, I could've easily replaced Serge or Guile with another FF character, but there's already 5 and that's enough right now. So that's why you don't see me trying to veto in Terra or Prishe more lol.

So yeah, those are what I think would work well for replacements, just my two cents. Up to you in the end though!
#46  July 29, 2015, 02:42:28 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Saw the movelists you made, and I must say they're mighty fine.

For the character replacements, the ones you suggested are pretty cool in comparison to what I chose, but Vanessa is staying. Nina's considered technically in, since I wanted her as a DLC for this project, and while I was at it, I said why not add Prishe as well (forgive me, Kefka is the only thing I like about Terra's epic >_<)

For Morrigan, I was thinking of adding that hyper combo (LOL, I mean Limit Break :XD:) from MvC: Clash of Heroes, where she makes love with the opponent. Would merit a good laugh, haha~

I couldn't muster up the energy to do Gilgamesh today, so I'll post here Adam Jensen's proposed move list. Since I'm little to nihil knowledge in movelists and how they work (well I do know the glossary at the very least), if anything feels wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Phew! That was tiring, now I know what you went through, Xenomic. Tell me if anything sounds off or not feasible, and if you're generous enough, a better replacement.

I've hidden two special references with Adam Jensen. Can you see them? ;)

Also, I will take the liberty of adding the proposed move lists to the first page later on (maybe when I finish another move list), so people wouldn't have to search through the thread to find them.
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:40:12 am by Black Hatter
#47  July 29, 2015, 02:50:19 am
    • USA
Got it. You probably have a good reason for Vanessa, so that's all I'll say heh. Though DLC Nina would be interesting~ (Also that sentence kinda doesn't make sense. Terra's epic >_< face? : v )

Oh, that move. I actually forgot all about that one (I didn't even realize it was in MvC1). @_@

Speaking of movesets, I completely omitted all of those on mine. Oops! Though you can pretty much guess what they'd be for most...or they can be discussed at a later date ha. As for Adam:

*Fire at Will: How does hit work? You mean Ch. B + F for a charge move? Because as it stands, it seems more of a command move than a special with that input.
*Spinal Trauma is currently missing an input.
*That's an odd input for Mankind's Divide, didn't know we were going Mortal Kombat ha. Maybe a Ch. B, F, B, F + P would work if you're going for a charge type move?

It is good that you give in-depth descriptions on these as opposed to my barebones descriptions (which I may have to fix at some point maybe). It's not bad, just some odd inputs for moves is all really.

Also nope, not getting the references! Or seeing them rather. I might not know what they are or just being blind. ^^;
#48  July 29, 2015, 03:22:11 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
I whould suggest Popoi in the game, in fact, i've made a sprite of him before :<

...anyways, i will give you the Primm sprite on base.
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#49  July 29, 2015, 03:24:54 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Speaking of movesets, I completely omitted all of those on mine. Oops! Though you can pretty much guess what they'd be for most...or they can be discussed at a later date ha. As for Adam:

*Fire at Will: How does hit work? You mean Ch. B + F for a charge move? Because as it stands, it seems more of a command move than a special with that input.
*Spinal Trauma is currently missing an input.
*That's an odd input for Mankind's Divide, didn't know we were going Mortal Kombat ha. Maybe a Ch. B, F, B, F + P would work if you're going for a charge type move?

For the first one, I accidentally omitted the Ch. part (due to lack of fighting game glossary knowledge on my part),  same for Mankind's Divide. As for Spinal Trauma,I'll fix it in a sec. ^_^

I whould suggest Popoi in the game, in fact, i've made a sprite of him before :<

...anyways, i will give you the Primm sprite on base.

Yay! Can't wait to see it. ^_^

Also nope, not getting the references! Or seeing them rather. I might not know what they are or just being blind. ^^;

For his Lvl 1 and 2 Limit Breaks, they're the titles of the games he starred in (DeusEx: Human Revolution and DeusEx: Mankind Divided) ^_^

EDIT: Fixed the move list issues, hopefully they're better now.
#50  July 29, 2015, 03:30:58 am
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
Here is it.

(Her pants gave me problems, so i leave it unfinished)

(...this one is made by MotorRoach, i've done a sprite of him before this fix)
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#51  July 29, 2015, 03:36:01 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Woah, for an unfinished sprite, that looks super great! :D

I remember that Popoi sprite, but seeing how complicated that design is (in comparison with Purimm or Gilgamesh), I think I'll go for Purimm. ^_^

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the energy to do sprite concepts of Gilgamesh and Adam, and maybe finish up Purimm.
#52  July 29, 2015, 03:36:54 am
    • USA
Still need that Fire at Will to be Ch. B, F + K to make it work better. And darn, didn't even realize those references. I never played Deus Ex (heard very little about it), so never knew the names (I didn't even know there were more than one game actually lol).

While it is tiring to do the movelists, it has an oddly satisfying feel about them once you finish them and they look good, don't they? ^^
#53  July 29, 2015, 03:39:53 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Still need that Fire at Will to be Ch. B, F + K to make it work better. And darn, didn't even realize those references. I never played Deus Ex (heard very little about it), so never knew the names (I didn't even know there were more than one game actually lol).

Woop, my bad will fix. And I haven't played DeusEx either, but I watched a fuck-ton of Let's Plays surrounding it. Easily one of Square Enix's finest games, and one of my fave shooters along with Halo and Doom. ^_^

While it is tiring to do the movelists, it has an oddly satisfying feel about them once you finish them and they look good, don't they? ^^

YES, I feel like a MUGEN creator already just knowing I made a move list that looks great. :D :D
#54  July 29, 2015, 04:37:22 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
One question, Black Hatter: Why you choose Daigo Kazama as the Rival Schools representative?
The Dragon is here!
#55  July 29, 2015, 04:44:46 am
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
Woah, for an unfinished sprite, that looks super great! :D

I remember that Popoi sprite, but seeing how complicated that design is (in comparison with Purimm or Gilgamesh), I think I'll go for Purimm. ^_^

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the energy to do sprite concepts of Gilgamesh and Adam, and maybe finish up Purimm.

Thank you, althrough her yellow eyes were merely an error i've mistook.

Her eyes are blue!

#56  July 29, 2015, 04:54:40 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
One question, Black Hatter: Why you choose Daigo Kazama as the Rival Schools representative?

I chose Daigo out of personal preference (he's my favorite Rival Schools character).  I originally wanted to put either Batsu or Kyosuke, but just to be a bit creative, I chose Daigo. In addition, with the 3D rips for him released, spriting him will be a breeze, due to his simpler design. ^_^
#57  July 29, 2015, 04:58:51 am
    • USA
Oh, for some reason I was confusing Daigo for Batsu herp. And here I was about to look up his moveset from TvC. Well bugger all lol! That's out of there then ha. I might be able to do his moveset too, though I know nothing about him. : v

(I'm totally not procrastinating on doing the other movesets, nope!)

@Fist Dracon: At least it's a simple one to fix, aye? Still, for a rough sprite that was mighty fast, and mighty great, of you to do! ^^
#58  July 29, 2015, 05:06:29 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh, for some reason I was confusing Daigo for Batsu herp. And here I was about to look up his moveset from TvC. Well bugger all lol! That's out of there then ha. I might be able to do his moveset too, though I know nothing about him. : v

To be honest, I was going to take his moves from Rival Schools and Project Justice, and give them a sort-of TvC/MvC/Final Fantasy mix to make him more fitting.

I'm going to sprite him (if I ever get around to that, LOL) on the basis of this sprite, which served as the reason to why Daigo was added to the roster:

(I'm totally not procrastinating on doing the other movesets, nope!)

Take your time, bruh. I'll handle Daigo and Cody's move lists. I have a few special ideas in mind for those two. ^_^

#59  July 29, 2015, 05:10:13 am
    • USA
Wow, Daigo looks like a beast lol.  I'll let you handle him then, as well as Cody. That leaves me with Viewtiful Joe, Tessa, Phoenix Wright, and Hayato to do later~
#60  July 29, 2015, 09:12:11 am
    • USA
Hayato, Tabasa/Tessa, Phoenix Wright, and Viewtiful Joe added! Joe got one of his command normal moves from TvC, but that's it. Everyone else is pretty much how they were in their source games (Hayato in MvC2, Phoenix in MvC3, and Tabasa in SvC are all identical).

With that said, that's all the moves I can really do myself from characters I really know or can really look up! I probably could do some kind of movesets for everyone, but I'd like to think that it's better to leave those to the ones that DO know the characters better, like Gene, Jessica, and Leon. So that's it! I'm officially out of movesets to do! But hey, at least that's....16/23 Capcom and 9/23 Square characters done with movesets, for a grand total of 25/46, so a little over 50% done with movesets! ^^ (This doesn't include Lenneth and both Shinryus to that list either)

EDIT - Sod it! Did Gene anyways, which was...challenging what with his million moves he has. Some of his other moves can probably be put into regular attacks, and in fact probably should! 26/46 characters now done!

EDIT #2 - Jessica Albert done! The naming convention of DQ...is an odd one lol. Anyways, I tried my best with her stuff, and probably could use some of her other moves. In fact, she probably doesn't need the Equip/Unequip Whip ability and just make the Whip moves just be normal specials and supers, though that would mean some of her Supers would need to go I think. She's the one that I feel needs a bit more work...

27/46 characters now done! Well, mostly done...

EDIT #3 - Tifa now has a Level 1, Hell and Heaven, from Ehrgeiz, as well as being the only character with a Level 0 Super, Cure. In addition, she gains a new level 2 super, Final Swirl, also from Ehrgeiz. Tifa also got Premium Heart from Ehrgeiz as an aerial projectile, much like Akuma's version. Though Cure can probably be removed. As for the other Ehrgeiz people? There's...not a whole lot I can do with them. I tested them out in-game myself, and well...the leg missile thing with Han is interesting, but I don't know just how far he'd go character-wise. Doza I haven't tried either, so don't know how he is. Either which way, not sure if either of them will be doable by me at the moment, even with all of the moves they have. You'll have to get pretty creative with their movesets!
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:02:09 am by Xenomic