YesNoOk

Tutorial Part 1 - Getting started: sprites (Read 61562 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, October 27, 2015, 04:36:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tutorial Part 1 - Getting started: sprites
#21  July 09, 2016, 03:46:53 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I could make a program for it, assuming they use PNG.
#22  July 09, 2016, 03:55:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That would be useful to a lot of people. Another good reason to use sffv2 is if you wish to use remappal. That's another reason I prefer it.
#23  July 09, 2016, 01:01:47 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I have a problem with the transparency thing :/.

Once I put a sprite in Photoshop, the background colour(let's say a soft blue or a fucsia) usually is in the middle of the palette. I don't know how to change the position of it, so things can be started. If someone can help me... *_* !!

EDIT: I'll post an example of it, since my English is not the best around and I'm not sure if I expressed myself correctly. I'm about to leave now D:!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#24  July 09, 2016, 03:27:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When you go to save your palette save as exact number of colors. Then choose force color. An empty index will appear and you can pick the color from your image and place it in the top left index. I like to do this on every color to keep a good order.
#25  July 09, 2016, 03:37:32 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:42:29 pm by Jesuszilla
#26  July 10, 2016, 02:03:10 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Remappal works with sffv1 as well. But you are limited to 12, and you can't make use of it within helpers with their own pal etc.

I like the small portait change, but that's just me. Never liked having my small ports change with the character palette.

I find sffv2 easier to manage. But i can understand the point of view from any palette editor and for anyone wishing to add/change the palettes the character uses it is a bit of a bitch. Previously it was put some files in the folder and alter names in a def file. Now you have to either swap out existing palettes or hope the creator has set up a "palette picker" within a seperate file.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#27  July 10, 2016, 01:28:33 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Man, it was THAT easy? Dammmmmm!!! U_U!!!

Thanks JnP & JZilla :D!!
I swear there was something cool here!!