YesNoOk

Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2 By Empawk (Read 96557 times)

Started by Empawk, March 22, 2009, 12:23:50 am
Share this topic:
Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2 By Empawk
#1  March 22, 2009, 12:23:50 am
    • www.freewebs.com/empawk

This M.U.G.E.N character is Symbiote Spider-Man (Ultimate) version 1.2. He fights similar to Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage. He is MVC + Beat 'em Up style character. There is now a file you can download that will remove the Beat 'em Up style and only leave the MVC style remaining. To remove the Beat 'em Up style part of the character, just replace his CMD with the "No Button Mashing" CMD.

I am open to ideas and criticism, but please try to keep it constructive. No unexplained flaming, questioning sources, or other M.U.G.E.N drama. I've already discussed my sources with the other members that assisted with creating him. Everyone is given proper credit in the credits. So there is no need to worry about stuff like that.

You can download my character at my website:

http://www.freewebs.com/empawk

To download him, just left click the "DOWNLOAD" link, respectively. I hope you enjoy my character.

Edit: You guys should probably pinpoint whatever problems this version has. So that I can fix it in the next update.  :gossip:

Please make a list of PROS and CONS for now. If you can, please explain what's wrong, what's right, and how to go about making the necessary changes, because I'm new at this sort of stuff. I will take all constructive criticism into serious consideration.  :yes:

For those of you that find this character project to be quite offensive, please click my spoiler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:38:35 am by Empawk
Re: Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2 By Empawk
#2  March 22, 2009, 12:33:07 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#3  March 28, 2009, 04:42:44 pm
  • rawr
IN a world...
#4  March 28, 2009, 05:06:01 pm
  • Dark Templar
 Have you corrected the vels this time? because most were wrong (at least for the normal moves)
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#5  March 28, 2009, 08:17:25 pm
can you re upload the download link?
#6  March 28, 2009, 08:23:02 pm
#7  March 28, 2009, 10:11:34 pm
  • rawr
IN a world...
#8  March 29, 2009, 08:22:47 am
Sorry guys, it was hard to reupload, because I only have a 2 bar signal on my wireless connection.  --;

Well, it's reuploaded, as well as the No Button Mashing CMD.  ;)

You guys should probably pinpoint whatever problems this version has. So that I can fix it in the next update.  :gossip:

Please make a list of PROS and CONS for now. If you can, please explain what's wrong, what's right, and how to go about making the necessary changes, because I'm new at this sort of stuff. I will take all constructive criticism into serious consideration.  :yes:
Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:41:48 am by Empawk
#9  March 29, 2009, 03:56:49 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
Hey Empawk, I think he's pretty cool however I do have one request. The move similar to Marrow's where the symbiote attacks out of his back similar ro her bone protrusions, I was hoping you could resprite those so as it looks a little less like her move. As in maybe take the spiney parts off and turn them into something similar to whats going on with Carnage and/of Venom when it comes to the symbiote suit on them.
#10  March 29, 2009, 06:37:27 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Why is this in Found Releases????

It's your own creation after all, isn't it? Post in RELEASES...unless you want to mantain a low profile  :-\

BTW, I played him a bit and he's pretty solid so far...I'll report more as I test later.

Keep up the good work.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:38:51 am by MaxBeta

OKP

Re: Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2
#11  March 29, 2009, 09:31:05 pm
  • Rocky Vega
    • www.okp.ownbb.com
cool ;D
#12  March 29, 2009, 09:33:23 pm
  • I got a PM.
I merged these together.
#13  March 30, 2009, 11:11:44 pm
  • I CAN FOR I AM!!!!!
Excellent work. I never even considered adding individual combos for each button (button mashing right?). That opens up a lot of ideas. I appreciate the option to choose which cmd. to use. Great work in my opinion. Good blend of spiderman powers/symbiote powers. Plus he's fun to play with. I'm gonna test his a.i. now....

DAMMIT I KNEW I COULD DO IT!!!!
#14  March 31, 2009, 12:06:47 am
not bad sprite edit, but anyway gameplay feels as if i played zankuten (older) version with swaped sprites and +some extras
and he still have to use old mvc sipdey foreground moves ? this a little boring

something missing
#15  March 31, 2009, 01:01:20 am
  • Do a barrel roll!
Could you put in some actual differences for the other non-symbiote modes you added? As it stands, they just look weird.

His walking speed is way too slow; speeding up some would be nice.

Could you also try trimming the sprites on the spine move? As it stands it looks like the symbiote does some skeleton thing.
#16  March 31, 2009, 05:32:18 am
I agree with the spine sprites removed off the Marrow-like edited move, as it would help in its appearance alot. I tried to say this before but it got lost in the thread merge.
#17  March 31, 2009, 05:39:39 am
Excellent work. I never even considered adding individual combos for each button (button mashing right?). That opens up a lot of ideas. I appreciate the option to choose which cmd. to use. Great work in my opinion. Good blend of spiderman powers/symbiote powers. Plus he's fun to play with. I'm gonna test his a.i. now....
Button mashing is when press random buttons. Usually someone who is button mashing presses random buttons and hopes that he can accomplish something.

My character possesses my dream version of button mashing. You can button mash a specific button and do some sort of combo. The only place I haven't added this special type of button mashing is in the crouching attacks, because they aren't finished yet. So you can button mash while standing, while in the air, but not while crouching. I gave this character this feature, because I can't concentrate on performing difficult commands if I get angry while playing. So having the button mash combos as backup was perfect for me.

I don't know if others have the same problems as me when they play video games, but I'm sure many will enjoy it, or at least, the beat 'em up fans will like it.

Could you put in some actual differences for the other non-symbiote modes you added? As it stands, they just look weird.

His walking speed is way too slow; speeding up some would be nice.

Could you also try trimming the sprites on the spine move? As it stands it looks like the symbiote does some skeleton thing.
Actually, I didn't add any moves at all. I have no idea where they are and have no idea how to edit them. If you tell me where they are, I may be able to do something with them.

not bad sprite edit, but anyway gameplay feels as if i played zankuten (older) version with swaped sprites and +some extras
and he still have to use old mvc sipdey foreground moves ? this a little boring
Boring?! My feelings are sincerely hurt.  :(

Have you corrected the vels this time? because most were wrong (at least for the normal moves)
How do I do that? Which part do I edit?  o_O
Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:13:09 am by Empawk
#18  March 31, 2009, 05:53:18 am
I agree with the spine sprites removed off the Marrow-like edited move, as it would help in its appearance alot. I tried to say this before but it got lost in the thread merge.
Multiple people support the idea of editing the Marrow-like move. So I will try to fix it's appearance. By the way, are there any people out there that would like to assist me on this project? I'm trying to finish this character by late May, if I can. After late May, I'll probably be too busy to work on M.U.G.E.N.  :'(

I'd sincerely appreciate some assistance. Anybody want to help? I'm only asking for help with stuff I don't know how to do.

I'd like to add some Killer Instinct style stuff like a combo announcer and some combo breakers.

I'd also like to add a couple of wrestling style grapple specials similar to Zangief. I want to do that, because Spider-Man was formerly a wrestler back in the day before he started crime fighting and he never seemed to do wrestling moves at all in videogames. He only did a couple of scoop slams in the Spider-Man series on Fox Kids. The cartoon with a lot of episodes and bulky western style drawn characters.

I'd like see him get some strikers. I was hoping for someone like Wolvenom aka Symbiote Wolverine. That would be pretty badass.

Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:17:34 am by Empawk
#19  April 03, 2009, 12:56:22 am
Update (04/02/2009)
#20  April 03, 2009, 01:04:56 am
may i ask what the latest update was please? :)