YesNoOk

Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2 By Empawk (Read 96571 times)

Started by Empawk, March 22, 2009, 12:23:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: Symbiote Spider-Man Version 1.2 By Empawk
#21  April 03, 2009, 09:26:42 am
    • www.freewebs.com/empawk
may i ask what the latest update was please? :)
Last Updates
 Fixed some, but not all collision boxes in all animations
 Added Crouching Elbow Blade attack
 Improved artificial intelligence
 Fixed Symbiote Spider-Man Mode
 Fixed Venom Mode
 Fixed Shadow Mode
 Fixed Iron Spider-Man Mode
 Fixed Ice Mode

Potential Future Updates
 Add a new throw
 Add transition sprites for walking forward and backward
 Add a new taunt
 Add a new intro
 Add an announcer
 Add a level 2 super
 Add more symbiote attacks
 Edit Crouching Symbiote Tentacles
 Fix velocities of normal, special and super attacks
 Add Venom Bite Super Combo
 Fix Carnage Mode <--- Missing stat changes (They seemed to have completely disappeared) :/

Modes (Description)
 Symbiote Spider-Man <--- This mode is completely normal. This mode will be triggered by palette 1. The color scheme is black and white.
 Venom <--- In this mode, you have 10% more defence and 10% more attack power. This mode is triggered by palette 2. The color scheme is dark blue and white.
Carnage <--- In this mode, you have 10% more defence and 2.5% more attack power. You can also ignore hitpauses. This mode will trigger with palettte 3. The color scheme is red and black.
 Ice <--- In this mode, you have 50% less defence, have gradual life recovery and you can ignore hitpauses. This mode will trigger with palette 6. The color scheme is light blue and white.
 Shadow <--- In this mode, you are transparent and can't be hit by any normal attacks or any projectiles, but are not invincible. This mode will trigger with palette 5. The color scheme is all black.
 Iron Spider-Man <--- In this mode, you have 20% more defence, 20% more attack and get some explods. This mode will trigger with palette 4. The color scheme is red and yellow.
#22  April 03, 2009, 09:32:19 am
Can anyone around here make me an awesome voice pack for my character using the Spider-Man Series TAS episodes?
#23  April 03, 2009, 07:27:21 pm
  • "In case you're wondering, you've lost."
    • USA

I'd like to add some Killer Instinct style stuff like a combo announcer and some combo breakers.

While I like your enthusiasm to be creative and unique, I think adding combo breakers could get a tad unbalanced...but then again Spidey does have a habit of getting outta tight spots like that so, meh...it's up to you I guess...

I'd also like to add a couple of wrestling style grapple specials similar to Zangief. I want to do that, because Spider-Man was formerly a wrestler back in the day before he started crime fighting and he never seemed to do wrestling moves at all in video games. He only did a couple of scoop slams in the Spider-Man series on Fox Kids. The cartoon with a lot of episodes and bulky western style drawn characters.

Hmmmmm...how do I put this, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...but as I remember Spidey was only BRIEFLY a wrestler...like only one or 2 matches I believe...also, as a wrestler, he didn't actually 'wrestle' in any sense of the word...meaning PRO wrestling like HHH or Jeff Hardy or John Cena, nor actual Olympic style wrestling...he just used his abilities to dodge and overpower his opponent. So, I would have to say that adding Zangief-style grapples is kind wonky to me...maybe a throw hyper move associated with something Spidey would do...but like suplexes and powerbombs and body slams I think would be WAY outta place.

I'd like see him get some strikers. I was hoping for someone like Wolvenom aka Symbiote Wolverine. That would be pretty badass.

Ugh...I would suggest refraining from giving him strikers...I would instead suggest that if you REALLY want to have some of Spidey's friends appear with your character, then do as the ScruffyDragon team did with their Wonder Woman and Sandman...and a hyper that calls them in for assistance...

Sorry, all I can add is my opinions and suggestions cause I know NOTHING about how to do any of this stuff...just thought you'd like to know what some of the users of your char thought.
#24  April 03, 2009, 11:54:31 pm
  • W.O.M Creator
    • profile.imageshack.us/user/youngdbizzle/
the modes from different palletes is to raw! i didnt know you could do stuff like that
#25  April 04, 2009, 12:03:19 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
I remember an OLD incomplete Spiderman Simbiote ver some years ago (still when mugen 0101 Dos was used)...now..that char is here...Downloading..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#26  April 04, 2009, 03:42:45 am
  • Dark Templar
 Well he feels more like spiderman now, but I have a gameplay problem, when I try to make a simple combo crouch Lk + crouch Mk + stand HK Instead of follow opponent to air %80 of time I got web ball, and the air combos still fell kinda odd, for all the rest I say keep good work
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#27  April 04, 2009, 10:15:22 am
While I like your enthusiasm to be creative and unique, I think adding combo breakers could get a tad unbalanced...but then again Spidey does have a habit of getting outta tight spots like that so, meh...it's up to you I guess...

Hmmmmm...how do I put this, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...but as I remember Spidey was only BRIEFLY a wrestler...like only one or 2 matches I believe...also, as a wrestler, he didn't actually 'wrestle' in any sense of the word...meaning PRO wrestling like HHH or Jeff Hardy or John Cena, nor actual Olympic style wrestling...he just used his abilities to dodge and overpower his opponent. So, I would have to say that adding Zangief-style grapples is kind wonky to me...maybe a throw hyper move associated with something Spidey would do...but like suplexes and powerbombs and body slams I think would be WAY outta place.

Ugh...I would suggest refraining from giving him strikers...I would instead suggest that if you REALLY want to have some of Spidey's friends appear with your character, then do as the ScruffyDragon team did with their Wonder Woman and Sandman...and a hyper that calls them in for assistance...

Sorry, all I can add is my opinions and suggestions cause I know NOTHING about how to do any of this stuff...just thought you'd like to know what some of the users of your char thought.

I was thinking about coding a combo breaker or parry of some sort that he could start using in his artificial intelligence. He would do it after he receives over 6 or more hits from an enemy. I wanted to do this so that he could have something that could rival Erradicator's Spider-Man 2.0's thing where he interrupts moves (while being invincible in this state) and hits his enemy. He says "Spider sense" when he does those type of attacks.

I wasn't thinking anything too complex of professional wrestling for my character to do. I was thinking like a ninja style spinning german suplex, similar to that of: Soul Calibur's Taki, Saturday Night Slammaster's Scorpion, etc. This would be a hyper combo grapple style attack.

Well, I was thinking of giving my character a regular assist, but a hyper combo with other characters assisting him would be even more neat, because I wouldn't have to limit the assist character's attacks to only one move anymore. So that would totally be fair, possibly.

It's perfectly fine that you are giving me advice without any M.U.G.E.N contributing experience. I have no problem with it. I like to hear what people think about my characters whether or not I agree with it is another thing. I can totally understand what you're getting at, though. By the way, if you are looking to learn how to create characters, YouTube member, Bovery23, makes simple tutorials for Fighter Factory. You should check them out. I learned how to do most of the stuff I wanted to know in less than 6 months.

#28  April 04, 2009, 10:21:12 am
the modes from different palletes is to raw! i didnt know you could do stuff like that
I was really sick of having to hold select for different modes with other characters. So I thought, "Screw that! I would totally prefer that to happen with other palettes. It's way easier and more convenient to me. Not to mention, I think I'm the first guy to do that. If not, that's okay. Nothing that special, anyway, just kind of different."

Well he feels more like spiderman now, but I have a gameplay problem, when I try to make a simple combo crouch Lk + crouch Mk + stand HK Instead of follow opponent to air %80 of time I got web ball, and the air combos still fell kinda odd, for all the rest I say keep good work
Here are some possible answers to the problem:

1.) You downloaded the CMD with button mashing included and it has a thing where if you press heavy kick twice, the first time will be heavy kick and the second time you press heavy kick will result in Standing Light Web Shot/Standing Light Web Ball. Maybe you just need to be more careful about how many times that you press the heavy kick button while attempting that combo.
2.) You could have some troubles performing that combo because you are rusty with playing M.U.G.E.N
3.) Perhaps there is a coding mistake or something. If you find any coding mistakes, let me know right away.
4.) You have bad luck (hahahah, just some superstitious humor for ya)

If none of these If, Then situations help you, I don't really know what to tell you than to keep trying and hope that you can work it out.  :S
Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:33:01 am by Empawk
#29  April 04, 2009, 05:25:42 pm
  • Do a barrel roll!
Why doesn't Maximum Spider work, bro? It's one of the staples of any Spidey's arsenal, and you've got it in the readme.
#30  April 05, 2009, 09:32:40 am
Why doesn't Maximum Spider work, bro? It's one of the staples of any Spidey's arsenal, and you've got it in the readme.
Is it there and incorrect or is it nonexistant? I've seen the artificial intelligence use it before.  :-\

If it's not there, I'll be sure to add it in the next update. I was told earlier that he was missing his Maximum Spider special before, which confused me, but perhaps that person meant to say his hyper/super combo. *smacks own forehead* Sh--!  :o

Edit: It turns out that it had been there before, but it had accidentally been deleted during one of the updates. I have re-installed Maximum Spider, but the next update probably won't be for another week or so.
Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:44:17 am by Empawk
#31  April 05, 2009, 05:05:39 pm
  • the second life is the best
THAT S funny that you ask some help on this character because you could ask the original creators what they need.  --;
when i read the readme i was surprised you didn t name the two authors of the sprites.
SPRITES that still need to be updated IN YOUR VERSION, and they have been since then.
#32  April 05, 2009, 07:29:09 pm
THAT S funny that you ask some help on this character because you could ask the original creators what they need.  --;
when i read the readme i was surprised you didn t name the two authors of the sprites.
SPRITES that still need to be updated IN YOUR VERSION, and they have been since then.
I gave credit to as many people as I could. I tried searching for Sei, but haven't found her. If anyone would like to give me her email or something to contact her with, I'd be more than willing to ask her for updated sprites.

The following authors were mentioned in the credits!

-Credits-

Sethzankuten - Original sound rips, sprites, programming
SS5ACE - Sprites, beta Testing, ideas
Sei - New Symbiote Animations
acglass - additional symbiote sprites & programing for the original symbiote & iron spider <---Modes were remade by empawk, but use the same sprites
Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 07:36:23 pm by Empawk
#33  April 06, 2009, 05:52:39 pm
  • the second life is the best
#34  April 07, 2009, 02:17:30 am
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
I have a suggestion I like how you did ice mode and I think you should do that with all the palettes. what I mean is to have pros and cons for each of the palettes. it would make a lot of sice because it would seem logically everyone should choose iron spiderman. why choose anything else he seems over all best.

for example:
iron spriderman pros: 20% more defense and strength
                     cons:40% slower movement
I havent thought of any others right now but if you need me to the pm me and I will see what I can do 
#35  April 07, 2009, 05:41:21 am
I have a suggestion I like how you did ice mode and I think you should do that with all the palettes. what I mean is to have pros and cons for each of the palettes. it would make a lot of sice because it would seem logically everyone should choose iron spiderman. why choose anything else he seems over all best.

for example:
iron spriderman pros: 20% more defense and strength
                     cons:40% slower movement
I havent thought of any others right now but if you need me to the pm me and I will see what I can do 
I have no idea how to slow down the movement or else I would have. If you know how, I'd really like some help with that. Is there a thread somewhere around here where someone already asked how to slow down the movement?

Also, I want Carnage mode to have super armor, but I am nowhere near experienced enough in coding to do that. Is anyone around here willing to do the code for me?

ACEY sprites
and sei isn t difficult to contact she has a forum:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Marvel_The_Outsider/index.php?s=73fdea12dd87fbdc0ea427613a752b2f&act=idx
That link seems to be broken....  :-\

Also, isn't ACEY the same as SS5Ace or acglass?
Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:44:48 am by Empawk
#36  April 07, 2009, 04:18:09 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
nope
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#37  April 08, 2009, 04:28:01 am
nope
Okay, then I will add ACEY to the credits in the readme file in the next update. I have also finally found a way to contact her and have sent him a message, making him aware of my progress and my plans for this character.

Edit: I have some bad news, ACEY does not want part of this project due to the drama regarding this character in the past and perhaps current drama it may create during this time. Regardless, he will still be given credit for his spriting work on this character and will not be unknown.

Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:27:02 am by Empawk
#38  April 08, 2009, 05:31:35 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
acey is a she
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan

DTK

#39  April 08, 2009, 05:55:26 pm
Jessica Smoke is a she too.
#40  April 08, 2009, 05:57:58 pm