YesNoOk

Idea - A torrent tracker for Mugen  (Read 1623 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 11, 2010, 01:31:01 pm
Idea - A torrent tracker for Mugen
#1  May 11, 2010, 01:31:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hi, i am a Mugen player since the early days ..but never made more as my own little collections with deathmetal music etc while playing mugen.

But it wondered me that , while many Sites like as example OverclockedRemix (ocr) added torrents to the methods of sharing the music there , that i havent seen something similar for Mugen Communities yet.

Sure, there are the big collections/compilations often on Gametrackers which have mostly the illegal romsets , isosets etc. But also thats for sure no solution for people which dont want to be a part of such communities.

So here is my offer, since i have enough webspace and everything needed to put up a torrent tracker without  registrations needed.  i could make one just for the people which want to share the fullgames..which take often some hundred MB`s as i have seen.  That could be an alternative to the onceclickhosters  . there could be different categories. like fullgames, demo`s, characters etc. just what the creators want to upload.

its just an idea.
Re: Idea - A torrent tracker for Mugen
#2  May 11, 2010, 05:40:54 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
No.
Torrents are already quite hated in mugen why do we need another
#3  May 11, 2010, 05:55:35 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, if the torrent tracker is here only to share legit stuff, it's not such a bad idea IMO.
KOF Zillion uses Raysource, which seems to be a sort of Torrent thing. Having games such as CVS W by RedNavi or other heavy files on a torrent tracker, at long as it has authorization from the author (and evne a link on his site, why not), then it would be a viable alternative to Mediafire and such.
#4  May 11, 2010, 05:57:44 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Torrents are a pain in the ass for some (like me) due to the extreme bandwidth usage slowing some's (like mine) internet to absolute crawls.
#5  May 11, 2010, 06:07:20 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
torrents are a great idea for legit fullgames as long as its authorized by the author.
#6  May 11, 2010, 06:19:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
So then when the author updates something and announces it, we still have thousands of torrents floating around with a horribly outdated (and possibly broken) version?

I think I'll pass.
#7  May 11, 2010, 08:52:49 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
So then when the author updates something and announces it, we still have thousands of torrents floating around with a horribly outdated (and possibly broken) version?

I think I'll pass.

how often are fullgames updated hmm?

and thousands of torrents with one Marvel vs DC Fullgame torrent as example, uploaded by someone of the creators team. a full description of whats inside?  And when a new update comes after some months , the old torrent just gets deleted by myself or the torrentuploader.  It would be organized of course.

and extreme bandwith usage? lol, you can configure the upload and also the download bandwith.

i dont plan to make another torrentsite with many of those compilations , gathered together by people which have nothing to do with the creators of the content.

my idea is just to make a torrenttracker as alternative to oneclickhosters. look how good it works for OCR. people dont have to brose through all the remixes, instead they just download  the 2 big torrents they offer there. , same with their albums which are avaiable trough torrents only in some cases with flac quality instead of mp3`s .   

i dont say mugen fullgames need musicfiles in a lossless quality now, but its normal that the creators and teams of fullgames try to make the games as small in size as possible, means mp3`s in low quality... same mp3`s for more then one stage etc. those are limitations because they dont want a fullgame being 1-3 GB big.  A size most PS2 games floating around have which are the most time shared via torrents and not oneclickhosters.

i ll hope to come with something in the next 1-2 weeks
#8  May 11, 2010, 08:57:16 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
#9  May 11, 2010, 09:00:46 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
how often are fullgames updated hmm?

More than you think.

and extreme bandwith usage? lol, you can configure the upload and also the download bandwith.

and? Even when I'm not doing anything it lags the shit out of all parts of my connection. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think I'll pass.

lol what torrent client did you use, and what are your system specs?

the last time i heard something similar was years ago.

even with 20 torrents and downloading with 5 mb i have no lag or anything  using u torrent and well. have a quite fast system. and 16 mb connection