YesNoOk

Yukari Yakumo released, all characters updated! (2012-04-01) (Read 7006 times)

Started by Seravy, November 05, 2011, 03:45:04 pm
Share this topic:
Yukari Yakumo released, all characters updated! (2012-04-01)
#1  November 05, 2011, 03:45:04 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
See last post for latest updates and characters!

http://seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress

Onpu got her sprites from Taruse's Onpu instead of le MHP game, because Taruse's spirtes are a lot better.
Onpu has 7 Magic Balls that derpina can use for various special moves (mostly self-buffs). There is no way to recover already used balls in any way, so decide wisely when to use them and for what purpose. herp get new Magic Balls only at le start of a new match, and not at le start of a new round.
See le readme file for a detailed list of moves.

There are some quite major updates this time to every character. First of all, command input is now properly detected during hitpauses. This should make combos much easier to do. Hitpauses now work as they are supposed to be working,so pausetimes on most normal attacks have been increased. This will also help in performing combos. Secondly, cancelling projectile attacks into grazing forward has been disabled. Back and up are still available but forward is not. It allowed an easy to perform infinite of normal attack->combo into projectile->cancel into graze->cancel graze into normal attack again. It was also quite a powerful strategy to fire a medium speed projectile, then immediately graze forward, reaching le opponent together with le projectile, making it safe to do a physical attack.
The third major update that affects every character is le removal of le hardcoded feature that allowed characters to stand up before le liedown time expired simply by spamming buttons (which in le case of Hard level AI was pretty much equivalent of spending 0 time on le ground, as it spams all buttons, and quite fast.). Now herp have to stay down until le liedown time of your character expires. le times were also updated, fastest characters stand up after 20 ticks, while slowest ones take up to 60.
Of course, tons of character specific updates are also included, as well as changes based on le poll results.

2011-12-03 Updates :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

2011-11-05 Updates :

PS : Recommended difficulty level to play is normal (3-5).
Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:16:11 pm by Seravy
Re: Onpu Segawa released, all characters updated! (2011-12-03)
#2  December 03, 2011, 02:50:24 pm
    • Hungary
Onpu released, all characters updated. See first post for details.
#3  December 03, 2011, 10:37:26 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
#4  December 03, 2011, 11:24:46 pm
    • Hungary
Thanks, looks like the "b" attack didn't have enough recovery time, and DFz had too much hittime.
Let me know if you find anything else like this, no matter how much I test, I made too many characters to find everything by myself.  --;

The fixed version is uploaded.

#5  December 20, 2011, 12:45:58 am
    • Hungary
Ryuuguu Rena is released and most characters are updated again.
http://youtu.be/XQKgH4YzA7U

Rena is made out of baggy's sprites, like Hanyuu and Rika, but is different from both. While Hanyuu was danmaku bar based, Rena is a physical fighter. And while Rika kept the original gameplay, command layout and such ended up in the Edited section, Rena got completely remade except for the sprites. She got new commands, new combo logic, some moves were removed, some added, and some completely changed.
Today's updates :
Re: Ryuuguu Rena released! (2011-12-19)
#6  December 20, 2011, 04:12:52 am
based on the video she looks pretty good, but  I'm not a fan of chibi sprites if the character isn't based on someone younger than 14
#7  December 20, 2011, 08:13:03 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
based on the video she looks pretty good, but  I'm not a fan of chibi sprites if the character isn't based on someone younger than 14

Well, this is... er...  :gonk:

Anyway, will test it.

----

And... feedback time:

- Debug problems with ground grab. Also, using the "DF" instead of "F" still triggers it, and IMO this shouldn't happen, because you normally want "DF" to trigger the crouch attack, not the grab.

- I can trigger the aerial grab even if the opponent is in the ground. That makes it impossible to use the aerial attack if I'm close to the opponent, since she literally starts spamming the "trying to grab" aerial animation. You should make it impossible to trigger this when the opponent is on the ground.

- All cleaver attacks have a lot of priority. You should try to balance this a little. Some have way too big hitboxes, covering even behind the character, like crouch "z" attack or special "D,B,c".

- For "D,F,b", after the crouch attack, the attack hitboxes stay for some time even when she's trying to stand up after attacking. They should disappear right after pulling the attack.

- I don't know, but I feel that the "Throw Cleaver" attack should do less than 110. It's just a feeling, I can't really say if it's that necessary.

- "z,z" super is too cheap ATM. 1000 power spent in order to do 25% more damage and have life regen, and it even lasts 15 seconds? Either reduce the time, make it spend more power, or reduce the damage it does (life regen isn't that big, so I don't think there's a need to touch that).

Really, all cleaver attacks have too big hitboxes and too much priority. You should really work more in this part.
Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:40:13 am by Nanashi_1337
#8  December 20, 2011, 11:38:53 am
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
I have to disagree about Taruse's Onpu sprites being better than MHP Onpu, after all she have a pretty bad shadding. Although the reason is the fact she is made from scratch.
Anyway it's a pretty good release for those who could not have a decent update of Taruse's Onpu.
-Toshio Tenma
#9  December 20, 2011, 12:01:55 pm
    • Hungary
- Debug problems with ground grab. Also, using the "DF" instead of "F" still triggers it, and IMO this shouldn't happen, because you normally want "DF" to trigger the crouch attack, not the grab.
Will be fixed in the next update (I'll probably upload it tomorrow)

- I can trigger the aerial grab even if the opponent is in the ground. That makes it impossible to use the aerial attack if I'm close to the opponent, since she literally starts spamming the "trying to grab" aerial animation. You should make it impossible to trigger this when the opponent is on the ground.
Although this isn't an issue if you release the forward button before attacking, I will add it for the time being. However, it will mean that you'll be unable to use the air grab against clones in the air if the opponent is standing so I'm not entirely sure about this, what do you think? (It will also break the air grab in simul the same way...although my characters don't support simul anyway. Fortunately throws don't work against non-clone helpers, so those are not an issue.)

Some have way too big hitboxes, covering even behind the character, like crouch "z" attack or special "D,B,c".
It's intentional for DBc as it is a slow attack that does lower damage than most other specials in exchange for higher range. Crouching c could use a reduction in hitbox size, though (I guess you meant that by z, as there is no crouching z attack). Now that FF3 is finally out, I'll have an easier job adjusting clsns, finally.

- For "D,F,b", after the crouch attack, the attack hitboxes stay for some time even when she's trying to stand up after attacking. They should disappear right after pulling the attack.
Unfortunately, the debug in mugen shows hitboxes even if they are inactive, which is the case this time. It gets deactivation for standing up frame of the animation.
It was faster to write a statetypeset for movetype=I and use clsn1default than to add the clsn1 for each frame.

- I don't know, but I feel that the "Throw Cleaver" attack should do less than 110. It's just a feeling, I can't really say if it's that necessary.
Actually, it's doing 105. Maybe 80 with a bit more guarded damage would be better. I guess I'll reduce it as this character shouldn't be good at long range.

- "z,z" super is too cheap ATM. 1000 power spent in order to do 25% more damage and have life regen, and it even lasts 15 seconds? Either reduce the time, make it spend more power, or reduce the damage it does (life regen isn't that big, so I don't think there's a need to touch that).
Assuming the amount of fair damage for 1000 power is around 180-200 on an attack of average risk, in this case...you get 90 of that as healing (which is a bit less efficient than the same amount of damage) so ~100-120 remains for damage. You'd need to do 400-480 damage to get an additional 100-120 out of the 25% bonus. I think if you are good enough to do more than that in 15 seconds against an opponent that does fight back, it doesn't matter how much additional attack you get, you are so much better than your opponent you'll win anyway. Or you probably already won, as that means over half of their total life already. Additionally, unlike usual hit-or-miss supers, this does involve a much higher risk factor. If the opponent decides to go for a stall tactic, you might end up wasting most or even all of the 15 seconds without doing any damage at all.
So I'm doubting that this would need to be weaker, but if anyone thinks I'm wrong, let me know. Unless you desperately need the health, you are probably getting more out of that power by chaining other supers after a normal to make sure they hit.

Really, all cleaver attacks have too big hitboxes and too much priority. You should really work more in this part.
I'll check what I can do, although weapons generally come with a longer reach, I can try to increase clsn2 to reduce the priority.
#10  December 21, 2011, 02:28:54 pm
    • Hungary
Updated version uploaded

Re: Card Captor Sakura characters have been updated! (2011-12-31)
#11  December 31, 2011, 09:42:29 pm
    • Hungary
The CCS characters were my first serious project in Mugen, and unfortunately, it also happened to be the most difficult to make, so unsurprisingly, they were by far the most outdated.
They had quite a lot of issues even with the basics, which this update will finally fix. A lot of clsns, animation lengths, hittimes and such have been changed.
Both normal and special attacks have been updated as necessary, especially the animation times. New Clow Card effects have been added for the Thunder, Freeze, Flower, Illusion, Glow and Wood cards. Updates have been done to many other cards, and some characters have access to different Clow Card moves than before, as the ones they had weren't really fitting their fighting style.

Some characters other than CCS have also been updated, but these are either minor changes, of changes to one specific move only. See the below for more details.

Currently, I've completed 100% of the testing planned for the CCS characters, Yuyuko, Patchouli, Cirno, Ayu, and Onpu. I still need to do more testing for everything else, but this is as far as I could get in 2011 without having to give up making the new characters I wanted.
I'll continue testing and updating in 2012, and the next new character I'm going to make will be Yukari Yakumo (and most likely, I'll either make/edit a new Satoko out of Hiroyuki's as well at the same time. That poor character is even more problematic than Baggy's Higurashi characters as far as I checked it so far.)
Until then, I wish a Happy New Year to everyone!

Re: Hojo Satoko released, all characters updated! (2012-01-30)
#12  January 31, 2012, 02:05:34 am
    • Hungary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdK16fnXEUE&feature=youtu.be
My 4th Higurashi release, and also the last one, as with this I have now completed all characters I liked from the series.
She is a danmaku based character like Hanyuu, and she uses traps and explosives to fight at long range.
About the updates, the most important one is probably fixing the bug that caused custom stated attacks to have the custom state activate against guarding players, if the attack was hitting another object nearby like a helper or projectile. This affected a lot of characters and attacks, and is now fixed on all of them. The characters receiving the most updates this time are Vanilla, Reimu, Flandre, but Seravy and Silver also got some. In case of Seravy, a serious bug was also fixed, that prevented the character to move horizontally on ground level.

The detailed changelog :
Re: Yukari Yakumo released, all characters updated! (2012-04-01)
#13  April 01, 2012, 08:31:20 pm
    • Hungary

Yukari is released.
Flandre and Remilia received major updates.
All characters received updates to their AI.
Silver's sprites are now color separated (thank to Noah/Muirtower for helping with that), and along with that, there are has new palettes. Her healing move is now weaker and her Rainbow Cutter super is stronger. I've also started balancing Youmu, but I still need to test a lot of her moves further.
There were a few minor updates to some other characters as well.

Site address is the usual : http://seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress/
Details :

PS : This is not a joke. Yes, I know, this timing isn't the best, but I don't want to wait an extra day just to avoid releasing on the 1st of April.