YesNoOk

News (Read 75352 times)

Started by BC, March 13, 2010, 09:31:06 pm
Share this topic:

BC

Re: News
#21  October 27, 2010, 12:07:52 am
    • UK
Ok I've made a decision, because all day I've been stressing how much work I have to do.
So... I'm going to revert Ryu's hitboxes back to the way I made them originally(backup file) and save his new .air file and save it for later, I will release the game when finished (beta 1) with inacurate boxes then I can update later on with patches.

Ryu having accurate hitboxes and the other characters not is bad because his basics pretty much beat all the other characters basics due to how they are set up priority wise. But yeah I'm reverting back and I'll do that later on, it's too much work at the moment.

Right now I'm working on Ryu and the custom combo system.
I've removed the timer guage and now the powerbar depletes instead. There's no constant forward velocity anymore only when you attack it adds some vel to stay closer.
I'm trying to make the combo system smoother during that mode making sure things look tidy and you can also activate it in the air now.
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:12:34 am by BC
#22  October 27, 2010, 03:24:53 am
He looks like a kid because he's younger than in SF2.

I couldnt express it my bad
There is nothing wrong about a character being young
its not the age, he looks n00b, unexperinced
I dont like his hair and his bandana being white (Detail)
anyway this is just my thought of Ryus I adore CvS2 Ryu and love many aspects of SFIII3 ryu

Detail: doesnt make sense either.. according to the Street Fighter II Animated movie Ryu didn't have a bandage until he got his head bleeding by falling on a stone on training and Ken wrapped Ryu's head with his own bandana. and ofc we dont know if thats too or not either
#23  October 27, 2010, 04:06:51 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M

I couldnt express it my bad
There is nothing wrong about a character being young
its not the age, he looks n00b, unexperinced
I dont like his hair and his bandana being white (Detail)
anyway this is just my thought of Ryus I adore CvS2 Ryu and love many aspects of SFIII3 ryu

Detail: doesnt make sense either.. according to the Street Fighter II Animated movie Ryu didn't have a bandage until he got his head bleeding by falling on a stone on training and Ken wrapped Ryu's head with his own bandana. and ofc we dont know if thats too or not either

Shoulda read the title, this is Street Fighter Alpha, not CvS2 or Third Strike.

Also, the Animated movie.. was probably not canon. [size=1pt]Cept for that Chun Li shower scene :D[/size]

uguu

MDD

#24  October 27, 2010, 04:14:46 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
It wasn't canon.

Who's the next character you'll be working on after Sagat? Also, I remember reading that you'll put Gouken/Sheng Long and Goutetsu in the game. Am I right?
#25  October 27, 2010, 04:29:53 am
I was gonna say "ok but can't we do something about that silly hair pleeaase" which reminded me of cartman saying "can we still give Kyle AIDS ?"

MDD

#26  October 27, 2010, 04:34:14 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Ryu's hair has always been like that and still is. What possibly could you want to do to it?
#27  October 27, 2010, 06:10:32 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
Change it back to Street Fighter 1 era color. Red Ryu with slippers!  >:(

But I didnt know that Gouken was gonna be in this game, if Maladingdong is correct.

uguu

BC

#28  October 28, 2010, 04:26:32 pm
    • UK
It wasn't canon.

Who's the next character you'll be working on after Sagat? Also, I remember reading that you'll put Gouken/Sheng Long and Goutetsu in the game. Am I right?

Chun Li and Bison (Bison's basics already done) are left after Sagat. Well I've always wanted to make Gouken, as for Goutetsu and Sheng Long I'm not sure maybe not, either way it wouldn't be till the later beta (Final Build).
Accepting commissions

MDD

#29  October 29, 2010, 02:54:39 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
You could always edit the sprites from the SFA Gouken that already exists so they don't look as crappy and then code from there.

BC

#30  November 01, 2010, 04:25:29 pm
    • UK
@ MalaDingDong

We will see.

Discussion:

After playing around with Ryu for a couple of hours I had an idea. I noticed how CC stands out alot less than supers and is less likely to be used over supers, well I dunno that's just me you might have your own preference of play.

I've been adding some little minor detail to his CC like adding some ending fx when the move times out which looks nice and sounds nice. My idea is to have this mode stand out more like V-ism did in sfa3 where you had the option to totally be V-ism and not use any supers. The damage you can deal with certain combo's is pretty darn nice I've sped up animations too so it's fast and you can get something decent in before the time runs out.

So getting to the point I'd like to give the option of having A-ism or "CC-ism?" selectable before the fight starts.

Here are the details of the gameplay styles:

A-ism: all supers, no CC, Rage

CC-ism: CC, no supers, Rage

So what do you guys think?
Accepting commissions
#31  November 01, 2010, 06:58:23 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Well, it just sounds like you are leaning towards SFA3 gameplay, whereas in SFA2 you had both Supers and CCs at your disposal from the moment you started to fight.

IMHO, SFA3 ISM styles were implemented for the sole purpose of balancing the game, so if you want to have more balance I say carry on with it.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#32  November 01, 2010, 10:22:30 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
But then, people will always use A-ism over CC-ism, so the problem doesn't change. ;P
As long as CC is interesting enough for people to use it in certain conditions instead of a super, then I don't think separating into modes is necessary. Just my opinion.

BC

#33  November 03, 2010, 02:59:08 am
    • UK
Thanks for your opinions guys.
Accepting commissions

BC

#34  December 12, 2010, 05:32:56 am
    • UK
Got an announcement for you guys..

Due to the large workload to be done before beta 1 is even released I've decided to do something for people patiently waiting for the game.

Soon I will be releasing an "updatable demo" of SFA4 that will start off with 2 playable characters and update every now and again with extra characters. The final demo will have about 5 or 6 characters before beta 1 of the game is released (which contains 10 playable characters).

Any bosses/sub bosses/secret characters will NOT be in the demo versions.

The first 2 characters will be Ryu and Guy.

The demo date is tba.
Accepting commissions
#35  December 12, 2010, 11:57:40 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:sugoi:
#36  December 12, 2010, 11:48:47 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
Great man!  ;D
#37  December 14, 2010, 02:23:44 am
  • Cthulhu fhtagn !
W00t !  :yippi:

BC

#38  January 04, 2011, 10:38:47 pm
    • UK
Changing the startup for Guy's Rage 2, it was a palm blast > dizzy startup now it's going to be something slightly different, don't worry the dashing attacks will still be in, but I'm improving them and making things overall look better and tidy.

Video should be coming soon guys.
Accepting commissions

BC

#39  January 13, 2011, 04:25:03 pm
    • UK
Hey everyone,

Mugen Evolution is down at the moment and will likely be for a few days. Maybe untill next week, not sure. Having a little financial difficulty right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Accepting commissions
#40  January 13, 2011, 06:30:32 pm
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
sorry to hear that. hopeully you'll find the solution soon