YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6661871 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: New version of M.U.G.E.N. released... LATEST RELEASE RC8 on July 5
#1101  July 07, 2010, 08:26:09 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
At this point I would daresay that 1.0 is less "unstable" than you believe it is, SyN. Of course there are bugs, it's unfinished, and Elecbyte is also accommodating old creations in addition to building for the future.

Compared to the old WinMUGEN, though, with all of the issues it had in terms of music handling, random crashes, and other operation issues (which 1.0 does not have on my end), I'd take 1.0 and its "growing bug list' any day.

If you prefer WinMUGEN, then OK, sure, you've got the right, same as the rest of us have our rights to prefer 1.0.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#1102  July 07, 2010, 08:49:56 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
At this point I would daresay that 1.0 is less "unstable" than you believe it is, SyN. Of course there are bugs, it's unfinished, and Elecbyte is also accommodating old creations in addition to building for the future.

Compared to the old WinMUGEN, though, with all of the issues it had in terms of music handling, random crashes, and other operation issues (which 1.0 does not have on my end), I'd take 1.0 and its "growing bug list' any day.

If you prefer WinMUGEN, then OK, sure, you've got the right, same as the rest of us have our rights to prefer 1.0.

Understandable. All I said was I prefer the previous version over the new at this present moment.
Apparently some people get butthurt seeing my say that and then the above comments after I posted happens.

Like many said the only new feature about this version was the proper method of detecting stages making the pos Z trick obsolete, cool. Not to mention It helped with my earlier interactive works which will be released later. I am aware of potential the new engine can offer but as of now, it has way too many flaws for my taste so I will continue to use winmugen until then.

I guess alot of opinions here at this site doesn't matter if it goes against those select few.
Not to mention your comment makes it look as if I am forcing users to stay away from 1.0 which isn't the case.
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:57:26 pm by -SyN-
#1103  July 07, 2010, 09:06:44 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
syn you're still one the most pompous idiots that's ever graced mugen and i mean that in the most sincere way possible.
#1104  July 07, 2010, 09:14:43 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
k

P.S. Good job derailing the topic.
It is what you do best.
#1105  July 07, 2010, 09:18:27 pm
how is 1.0 more unstable than the hack, exactly? maybe you should just list the reasons instead of, what's the word? derailing? yeah. derailing the topic any further with your usual "ya'll don't know nothing" bullshit.
#1106  July 07, 2010, 09:20:34 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Even if I explained why, would it really matter to you?
You just said I was the most pompous idiot that ever graced M.U.G.E.N. so why bother?
#1107  July 07, 2010, 09:27:33 pm
because you're so full of yourself, it's always fun and exciting to watch people rip into you until you get sick of it and slink back into your internet cave. i'm also  really interested in knowing how 1.0 is unstable in any way, shape, or form. or can you not explain it because the only things in mugen you're actually capable of are basically dollar store knock-offs of shit that has been done better, thus leaving you with no real understanding of the program in general?
#1108  July 07, 2010, 09:35:40 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
because you're so full of yourself

Look at who's talking.

because you're so full of yourself, it's always fun and exciting to watch people rip into you until you get sick of it and slink back into your internet cave

That would be you and the rest of the flunkies you hang with or hangs around you in your various IRC channel trolling the forum and making retarded posts in response of something that for some reason you dont agree with, or perhaps like you been doing so for 10 yrs plus, cause problems.

i'm also  really interested in knowing how 1.0 is unstable in any way, shape, or form. or can you not explain it because the only things in mugen you're actually capable of are basically dollar store knock-offs of shit that has been done better, thus leaving you with no real understanding of the program in general?

Silly analogy,

Even if I explained why, would it really matter to you?

Which supports my earlier comment.....

I guess alot of opinions here at this site doesn't matter if it goes against those select few.

Well I said my piece earlier and I have a right to my opinions whether you or whoever like it or not or just using it as fuel to get some shit started.
Feel free to make another hit and run style comment to get the last word along with your silly attempts of bashing someone.

Have a nice day.
#1109  July 07, 2010, 09:52:08 pm
you could have just said "i don't know what i'm talking about and probably should have worded my post better than saying 1.0 is unstable" and it would save everyone the trouble of reading what you just posted
#1110  July 07, 2010, 09:53:14 pm
  • Causcasian fellows can, in fact, leap! GO BROOKLYN
    • ourc.trinitymugen.net
 :laugh4:
Select Filmography: Do The White Thing, Brooklyn, The Assassination of Malcolm Little, Love & Racketball, He Has Extraordinary Skill, Flimflamed, Tales from the Neighborhood
#1111  July 07, 2010, 09:56:44 pm
  • An improper mind is a perpetual feast
    • brianjesusdiaz.webs.com
Lol, Educated.....ok.

Try obvious reasons from plenty of experimentation and watching the bug list thread grow by the hour.
Stick to creating pals and stages assuming you have that much knowledge and providing silly feedback to various peoples works just to feel important and sad attempts at making a name for yourself.

I love how random n00bs attempt to fit in this one sided community.

Guys, come on, don't want to sound rubbish or defendant, but it's SyN's choice to stick with WinMugen for now. You guys can't bash on him and keep bragging about "Hey, do new MUGEN". Now, I haven't read the whole argument, but I can tell you, SyN is going to win the argument, even without me, I know this guy well enough because it is his choice. Don't try to influence him to change. He's right about the bugs on the new Mugen, and obviously, when the new MUGEN is bug-free, he will move.

So either way, it's a win/win.
I'm on a 5000 calorie diet! :D
#1112  July 07, 2010, 10:07:59 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I also want to know how 1.0 is more unstable than Winmugen.
#1113  July 07, 2010, 10:47:00 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Me too.

The problem is not about Syn liking winmugen over mugen 1.0, it's about syn calling it unstable shit without any concrete evidence other than BIG BUG LIST IS BIG.
#1114  July 07, 2010, 10:51:40 pm
  • Fuck You.
i'd say this started from a horribly-worded comment
I guess it would be coming from someone who only plays with created materials.

lol this

im definitely sure it was supposed to be

I guess it would be coming from someone who only plays with other people's created materials.

either way i lol'd at the outcome
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1115  July 07, 2010, 11:05:57 pm
  • FTW!!!
#1116  July 07, 2010, 11:27:40 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
He obviously does not know what "stability" is.
#1117  July 07, 2010, 11:34:37 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
i'd say this started from a horribly-worded comment
I guess it would be coming from someone who only plays with created materials.

lol this

im definitely sure it was supposed to be

I guess it would be coming from someone who only plays with other people's created materials.

either way i lol'd at the outcome
But we all do that too. Even if you create your own stuff the outcome in game is the same thing.

Still waiting to hear how it's actually less stable. It has NEVER randomly crashed on me. Not once. Most of the bugs being added were present in winmugen and we're trying to get them fixed.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1118  July 08, 2010, 03:42:02 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#1119  July 08, 2010, 09:30:28 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm happy, my Batman beta was causing RC7 to crash because of a faulty sound file. RC8 doesn't have this problem anymore, and Batman works perfectly. I didn't have to lose hours trying to pinpoint the faulty sound. :)
#1120  July 09, 2010, 03:20:05 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
With the new stage identifications, i guess we can update VIB's old character-stage interaction codes.