YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2559196 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Introduction Thread
#761  July 13, 2009, 05:32:41 am
Hello!  I'm Batmanifestdestiny, and I'm into a lot of stuff, like programming(C++ and Lino), Botball, gaming, and open-source stuff!  I've recently gotten into MUGEN again, since last time I had it was in win95's hayday, and it was just a DOS version that didn't work on my screen, and I've been looking around for some good quality original sprites :)

I've been wanting to make my own characters and stages, and hope I'll contribute well! :D
Re: Introduction Thread
#762  July 13, 2009, 05:07:13 pm
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm
Batmanifestdestiny
Reninzo
Callum Sanderson

welcome guyz - enjoy your time here
#763  July 14, 2009, 04:02:11 am
Me? Well, I got an idea for making a Street Fighter game on the compy, and decided to use a game maker, but that was too hard, so I decided to use Mugen. I haven't made any of my own characters or stages yet, instead just borrowing from others (yes, I suck :sugoi:), but this is really fun.

And some other miscellaneous information:
-From Canada
-Actually has a rather twisted sense of humour
-Homestar Runner fan
-Everybody should go out there and buy Elite Beat Agents!  ;)
Brother.
#764  July 16, 2009, 05:00:03 am
  • *disappear*
Hey all! I'm Shunshin... that's all the personal info I can think of right now.

I favor Mugen more for it's unlimited customization and making my own characters for it has been a solemn duty that I sworn to achieve. Unfortunately, I am still in the learning process of doing all of the coding for my character (attacks, specials, etc.) right now. I am positive that the help that this community can provide for me will be enough for me to create a character worthy of any good fighting game. Right now I'm currently working on Sasuke from a Naruto Shippuden DS game (not sure of the name right now:(  ) The next character that I plan to work on, whenever I finish this one, will be probably be from Capcom vs. Snk.

hahahahahaha!
#765  July 17, 2009, 01:22:56 am
i just found out about winmugen from a friend of mine and wondered
"what the f**k is this?" so i looked it up and after reading what it was i downloaded it.
#766  July 18, 2009, 03:56:14 am
i just found out about winmugen from a friend of mine and wondered
"what the f**k is this?" so i looked it up and after reading what it was i downloaded it.
Welcome to Mugen Fighters Guild.
#767  July 20, 2009, 01:13:42 pm
  • Even in the shadows I can watch you!!
    • www.mugenlatinoamerica.com/
Hi to all MFG users!!!

I'm ace_one, one of the admins of MLA forum and I want to share opinions and show some stuffs of my own work... C ya and take care foro XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#768  July 20, 2009, 04:49:05 pm
  • show me a sane man and i will cure him =)
    • Mexico
    • davidlinkanimestages.webs.com/index.htm
welcome to mugen hugs r us lol names david link well start from the basic ask questios if u want to learn what to do or create or find   :P

anime stage maker since 2009
I want no blood from that girl doctor--not until we're both sweaty and naked and shes  screaming my name. >_<
#769  July 21, 2009, 08:00:27 pm
Im the Fucking critic bitches! here to check out another fucked up mugen site. lets see the chars on this one! >:D
#770  July 21, 2009, 08:05:03 pm
  • Bad Apple.
    • Puerto Rico
#771  July 21, 2009, 08:10:59 pm
#772  July 21, 2009, 08:31:25 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
There's a difference between critiquing and what you're doing.

Spewing hatred without any tips to improve is trolling. I've seen some of your posts already. Watch it.
#773  July 21, 2009, 08:37:53 pm
  • Bad Apple.
    • Puerto Rico

GT

#774  July 21, 2009, 08:48:33 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
ROFLMAO
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#775  July 21, 2009, 11:49:26 pm
9 posts and hes already upsetted the community. LMAO, how long did the mods ban Dicksmokes anyways?
#776  July 22, 2009, 01:11:45 am
  • Bad Apple.
    • Puerto Rico
9 posts and hes already upsetted the community. LMAO, how long did the mods ban Dicksmokes anyways?

Who knows, I think that its none of our business,
#777  July 24, 2009, 07:42:44 pm
Hey, I'm Some1mk1 off the mka forum... I like making MK komics, and animations in my free time. Now i'm looking forward to make a MK mugen game with a team. Also i play the guitar, the piano, i like reading, playing soccer etc... So i don't really stick to pc :P .
#778  August 05, 2009, 08:58:01 am
Greetings. I am Ramsey276, from Humacao, Puerto Rico, USA. I speak Spanish and English and I'm learning Japanese through several sources (69% at kana but only 9-5% at Kanji so far)

I am a self-taught writer/artist who always dreamed of making his owns fighting game characters. I found MUGEN a few years ago, but had an old computer and no idea what I needed to actually make characters, especially no clue on how to start spriting. Now I have a new computer, Fighter Factory and a other programs... but still no clue on how to do sprites --;

I play a wide variety of vidoegames (puzzle, fighting, RPG, strategy, novelty I try more often than anyone) and enjoy card and dice games as well. I have designed my own versions of many games as a pastime, which has produced dozens of notebooks with characters including stats, movelists and storyboards.

A few Messenger contacts have helped me a bit to understand MUGEN, but another thing in new at is this... forums and boards. I go through a lot of Googling to find characters, and RARE characters is even worse! and I usually have the luck to find a WIP instead of the complete character...

Now I have bookmarked and downloaded several tutorials which I will study thoroughly and will try to turn my scanned drawing into sprites fro now (my animation skills are at least C for now) and perhaps I will try to fix some WIPs I have for some practical learning.

Until I go back to college next year, I spend plenty of time online, so I'm available to help with any Latin (French, Spanish,etc. ) language/Japanese translation and anything else I can help with.

ramsey276@hotmail.com

tetsukurojin@yahoo.com
Time and effort makes EVERYTHING possible

Karp eh Diem

(Health and Blessings)
#779  August 07, 2009, 09:35:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Hey this is Alpha Proto.

I enjoy watching , anime, reading comics, japanese entertainment, combat sports, Martial Arts movies (Mostly Hong Kong Cinema) videogames, all things Capcom, prowrestling.

More than anything I like creating things that entertain people, and sharing them with others.

I dont know if any of you know of my work.
I've been making sprites since I got a computer in 2000. When I first started I didnt know anyone else was into it.

I first ran into spriting, and sprite editing on Game Sprite Archives. I use to be a regular on that board, but the creative spirit of spriting wasnt there. It was mostly about extracting sprites from games.

So I later moved on to the Inner Circule. After that site melted away I was left with no commrades in arms.  Through instant messenger I learned about Prime Central Station. That is where I now frequent for my spriting , hunger, and knowledge.

While there I learned about MUGEN, and Beats of Rage.

I've attempted to make characters but always lose steam, and never complete a character. I ussaly make about 8 sprites and start doing something else.

I also voice act online. I've been fandubbing under the name of U-1 at the VAA for  awhile now,and really enjoy it. I am proffesionaly trainned, and certified in voice over.

I've been in too many fandubs,and radioplays to count. My current fav character being Dectictive Gumshoe of the Ace Attorney games.

I've stared in one indpendent animated short, called Petrolfame, directed by Estaban Valdez.

I draw for fun, and hope to one day become an illistrator. I post on penciljack.com under my real name Jared Lee.

SeanAltly of this board has cast me as two of his S.H.A.D.E.S. characters; Thirteen, and recently Ruckus.

I look forward to working with you,learning from you, and getting to know you during my stay here.
Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:42:10 am by Alpha Proto
#780  August 07, 2009, 07:33:23 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wow, nice introduction Alpha Proto, hope you have a nice stay here, and don't hesitate to post some of your sprites in the graphic section.
And I can already thank you for your contributions, since you've voice acted for two of SeanAltly's characters. :)