YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508187 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Support Card System Video )
#541  December 18, 2009, 12:09:58 pm
Im loving the Support card idea. Making it so the card you get is random is a great idea as well because it will add alot more variety to the matchs I feel.

I don't know if you have talked about this at all but I was wondering if the final game could have online capabalities? I just think it would be nice to be able to play against lots of different people.
#542  December 18, 2009, 12:23:55 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I was gonna say random factors are generally bad for fighting games, but the way you handled the cards (with everyone getting a progressively better one) sounds like it'll work well.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#543  December 18, 2009, 12:40:52 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
heheeh, nice, very nice.
Its a quite impressive work
#544  December 18, 2009, 02:14:19 pm
    • USA
I was gonna say random factors are generally bad for fighting games, but the way you handled the cards (with everyone getting a progressively better one) sounds like it'll work well.
As long as he doesn't include random tripping like in Smash Bros Brawl, I think I'll be happy. Besides, I think the card system is pretty advanced and doesn't add much randomness like Mario Party.

My only question is this: Will there be a way to turn off the Cards? Sometimes I like to fight my opponents without anything getting in the way.
#545  December 18, 2009, 02:16:15 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357

super turbo worked out well didnt it? anyway i think the random card system is interesting; it prevents people from always already picking the best assists, which means more diverse matches. (arguably this could apply for playable characters)
#546  December 18, 2009, 03:04:59 pm
NOOOO... Squall is only a helper... and C ranked... *cry*... An A Ranked helper with Lionheart Limit Break would be much better... but Blast Zone is better then fated Circle... xD

But it still looks cool, VERY cool! Support Cards are an intersting feature =) But How will it work? Will an Character have fixed Cards or can you choose which cards he can use? Or is there at the beginning of an battle Deck Option, where you can select an Deck?
#547  December 18, 2009, 03:23:51 pm
they already explained how it works
The green cards, or support cards, let you to use the other characters from the Card Gallery to aid you in battle. There are three ranks, A, B and C, being A the strongest ones and harder to get and C the weakest and generic ones. The card bar fills by recieving damage or blocking attacks, when full, you will get a new card or level up the current one, you can't stock more than one of them, but when you use it you can refill the bar to get a new card.
By leveling the card, it will level from C to A ( -->C---->B------->A)
You will get a random card each time, so it's up to you to use it or wait to get a better one.

Every character in CSW can use them but this system is only available in 1 vs 1 fights
#548  December 18, 2009, 03:42:54 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
sounds interesting....I can't wait to play this
#549  December 18, 2009, 05:45:30 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Man i really think you should make Zack from CCFF7 either a character or a support card! please it would be a great addition to the support cards! :)

If you where to make him a character that be even better because in the game all his special moves are cards.

And he'd also still be a great support card to!

So please consider my opinion! :)
#550  December 18, 2009, 05:48:56 pm
Yes Magus from Chrono Trigger is an assist! (at 2:24 at bottom right)

That makes me happy and at least Isaac makes an appearance as a assist (again)

Also love how the support card system works.

Now all we need is a crisis card attack exhibition.  
#551  December 18, 2009, 11:51:58 pm
  • So I shouldn't slit my wrists and dance naked?
love the video, the supports, and well who are we kidding we all love the whole flipping game. i see how most of them will make an appearance, i believe i even saw Kid from Crono Cross. now my question is, will 1 character from each game(according to the card gallery) make an appearance since you said there will be alot of support characters?
Card Sagas Wars!!

#552  December 19, 2009, 03:54:38 am
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
About number of characters of each series... I dunno, most series have only 1 character but others have more.

Mr. Ahruon!
-what about the Red Cards in the gallery? eill you use them in some way in-game?
-i had another question, but now i forgot :P

Maybe, can't say anything right now about the red cards

My only question is this: Will there be a way to turn off the Cards? Sometimes I like to fight my opponents without anything getting in the way.

I saw several people asking about this, but i'm not really sure if it's going to be possible to disable it in 1 vs 1 matches.
I don't really dig the idea of selecting the game modes/styles and such in the pre-round like in some MUGEN characters (I think this is called grooves?), just a personal preference, having a game mode or an option in the options menu to disable them would be the ideal for me but I really don't have any idea on how to do that or even if it's possible. I guess I'll look into this when the system is fully done.

Now that I think about it, i'd like the next video to be a redux of the old video of Crono vs Etna in Etna's stage and showing Crono's Crisis card, it will be long before that though. Right now we're focusing to reach a determined number of green cards before moving to the other characters.

#553  December 19, 2009, 02:26:28 pm
the support card look pretty nice.  ;P
#554  December 19, 2009, 02:48:35 pm
Awesome job you guys! I saw Sakura, Jon Talbain, Leo, Red Arremer and many many more. Great pick for the assistance really. The system fits the style for sure.  :) 
#555  December 19, 2009, 03:16:04 pm
    • Poland
Worms ! OMFG Alleluyah !!!!! :P It really seems it will be one of best games for Mugen ever :D
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#556  December 20, 2009, 12:14:23 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
WHOA!! Nice tutorial! I couldn't help asking this question but, the song's that was representing the support cards like katamari damacy, is that gonna happen when you summon a green card or was that just for show.

9/10 tells me its just for show.

one more thing... OMG look @ the size of that big katamari ball!!!!(no rainbow...) How long did it take you to sprite THAT?!
#557  December 20, 2009, 12:26:10 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Abysswolf, I just have a question:

is any Shining Force char planned to you game?
#558  December 20, 2009, 04:11:47 am
    • USA
I feel like less of a gamer due to the fact that most playable characters in this game I dont even know. I guess CSW is shining light on Western obscurities kind of like how Nintendo did Marth?
#559  December 20, 2009, 05:13:14 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
#560  December 20, 2009, 05:20:04 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
but then it's always good to find out...specially if the game is good