YesNoOk

(Official Release) MK vs. SF Style Ryu (Read 15147 times)

Started by Azasuke Kaijin, November 23, 2007, 11:11:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Beta) MK vs. SF Style Ryu
#21  December 13, 2007, 05:26:22 am
    • Peru
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Re: (Beta Update) MK vs. SF Style Ryu
#22  December 13, 2007, 06:09:18 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Ok, I have some feedback

First off, thanks for updating. I'm liking the concept of this character and I can't wait til the final update:

- The CLSN1 for his Tatsumaki Special is really odd.

- Ryu dropped some helpers :P most likely from Shinkuu Hadouken or 3 Hadoukens, I didnt notice til later.

- LOL? Ok yeah, in the flash, he was in danger of getting hit by it, but I dont remember him actually getting hit by it (He ran tossed Scorpion into it, didnt he? Either way, you only get hit by it when you're near the opponent)

- Shinkuu Hadouken sprites are misaligned.

Thanks for fixing the mid air grab bug though, that was getting annoyingly easy to abuse.

you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#23  December 13, 2007, 06:52:02 am
    • Peru
OK I fixed the clsn's at the tatsumaki super and alligned the shinkuu hadouken (you're the first person to avoid confusing it with the shin hadouken O.o)...

Anyhow, here's why the third bug you mentioned occurs:

I didn't know how to make the shinkuu hadouken unhittable any other way... so yeah... the shinkuu hadouken you launch is, in fact a red fireball with no clsn's whatsoever (that's right, no blue, no green, no red boxes). Once it gets near enough to the enemy (x <= 10), it spits out a shinkuu hadouken WITH red hitboxes and disappears at the same time. This was all done because I thought it was ridiculous for such a strong fireball to be destroyed with a simple little beam or whatever. If I'm not mistaken, there is, however, a way to actually give the helpers health... I might ask around about that, POTS might know about it for example.

And btw, he rammed himself AND scorpion into it, knocking both out at the same time.

Anyhow, any opinions about the AI?
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
#24  December 13, 2007, 08:25:09 am
  • Never give up
Anyhow, any opinions about the AI?

AI? Well, this Ryu is extremely easy. Kung Fun man puts up a better fight.  :P

Ryu seems to rely on parrying to defend against attacks a lot. Most of the time after parrying, he doesn't follow up with an attack. He basically lets me do another attack making his previous parry pointless.

Gouki: Attack
Ryu: Parry and do nothing
Gouki: Attacks again hitting Ryu and treats him like a punching bag.

Ryu's normal block is hardly ever used. Gotta fix that.

He leaves himself open every couple of seconds by hoping forward. He could be a low punches length in front of you and he'll still hop forward.
Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:06:52 am by anthonygamer
#25  December 13, 2007, 09:05:55 am
Update looks pretty good.  Though I think the dash should cover a little bit more ground, and you should probably gain control back faster so you can chain dash, I think I remember that from the flash.  As it is, its hard to close distance on your opponent.  The new Shinkuu Hadouken looks great, but the Shin hadouken looks kinda funky, was that how it looked in the flash or was it even used? 

The AI is certainly noticeable compared with before, can't give you any kind of in depth feedback on that yet as I haven't got a chance to fight him enough atm.
#26  December 13, 2007, 08:15:46 pm
    • Peru
Yes, that shin hadouken was used at the beginning, when he tried to destroy the portal and hit liu kang instead at the other side. And yeah that's how it looked. :P
#27  December 14, 2007, 01:24:38 am
Now that I've had time to test him I can give some AI feedback.

-He will always use Super Fist after an Ikuze Tatsumaki even if he doesn't connect with the tatsumaki.
-He's a cornering fiend, once he gets you cornered, it pretty hard to get out.
-He gets hit by his own Shinkuu Hadouken:  when he performs it at a distance he dashes or jumps forward right into it.
-He's pretty vulnerable to air projectiles, he spams his dash and gets hit by them.

As far as difficulty goes, thats pretty subjective.  He's a rough fight for a standard KOF character, which is most of my roster.  But he falls pretty easy vs. a standard Melty Blood character(not the broken ones) and characters like Tetsu.

Plus I'm not sure what your going for AI wise.  Standard, Boss Level, WTFpwn, OMGWTFBBQ etc.

Oh, and you took out the ability to change the hit sparks and projectiles by changing the air file? :'(

#28  December 14, 2007, 10:20:25 am
    • Peru
whoa... Idk what I did, I thought I left the mkvssf.air file intact... it seems that in some moment of confusion or rush I made the hitspark animation look just like in the original one o_O... sorry dude.

Here you go http://rapidshare.com/files/76464081/mkvssf.air.html
Re: (Beta) MK vs. SF Style Ryu
#29  December 14, 2007, 10:46:07 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Haha, sorry about my language I guess. That's just how I feel about it, no other word would have conveyed my feelings any better. That said, I can't wait for it to be finished :3

You will find many bugs simple reasoning 1 Name Azcal.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#30  December 14, 2007, 07:12:47 pm
    • dgmugen.freeforums.org/index.php
senbonzakura................scatter

rest in peace reu you wont be forgoten
Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:27:52 pm by byakuya~kuchiki

DMK

#31  December 14, 2007, 07:19:49 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Same guy.
#32  December 14, 2007, 07:26:06 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Someone please explain what's "MK vs SF style", other than the video/animation reference. :dizzy:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#33  December 14, 2007, 07:29:04 pm
    • dgmugen.freeforums.org/index.php
senbonzakura................scatter

rest in peace reu you wont be forgoten
#34  December 14, 2007, 07:59:52 pm
    • Peru
Someone please explain what's "MK vs SF style", other than the video/animation reference. :dizzy:

Combos, supers, specials, chaining nearly any hit in a special/grapple attack, throwing enemies to big bad hadoukens... the works. :P

BTW I sent you a pm asking for some help, did u get it? O.o
Re: (Official Release) MK vs. SF Style Ryu
#35  December 25, 2007, 05:45:13 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.