YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1904520 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#841  September 14, 2016, 03:08:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
RAVEN LIKES MLP?!?! THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER!!! REEEEEE!
I don't watch any of those shows but that honestly sounds dumb. It's fitting enough for a show for little kids, I just don't see why anyone would think it's a good idea to insert that kind of pop culture reference in a cartoon from a comic book. Why even make a comic book cartoon if you're just making a kids show with a coat of paint that happens to look like that comic book, why not make a brand new show.

DC wouldnt approve it otherwise.

And the Raven actress is the MLP pony, its a reference to her. Besides the whole joke of "dark evil powered waifu is into cute stuff but afraid others will know"
#842  September 15, 2016, 02:35:36 am
lol like the first teen titans was good it was shit because they killed terra.
#843  September 15, 2016, 03:30:49 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I'm pretty sure she was shown to be alive in the final season but has amnesia or something.
#844  September 15, 2016, 04:03:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The final episode sidestepped the issue of her revival by having it that yeah, she was brought back to life, but with no recollection of her past or her abilities, and a plain ordinary life replaced all that.  So basically an entirely different person wearing her old skin.  All set up for Beast Boy to say his goodbyes in person and move on because she's dead and its not good to cling on like that and such.

I never read it, but supposedly I've heard a bunch that somewhere in the comics Terra is Slade's daughter, and she's so untrustworthy because he raped her?  Which sounds in line with the usual disturbing sudden left turns comics get by with, but I dunno its legitimacy or not.  Honestly, I don't want to, t.v. Terra does her role perfectly.  Yeah, shame she died but it helped Beast Boy as a character, and gave rise to Slade defeating Hell, so there's that.
#845  September 15, 2016, 04:13:58 am
they could've killed raven instead or starfire i don't give a damn about those two.
#846  September 15, 2016, 04:14:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I never read it, but supposedly I've heard a bunch that somewhere in the comics Terra is Slade's daughter, and she's so untrustworthy because he raped her?  Which sounds in line with the usual disturbing sudden left turns comics get by with, but I dunno its legitimacy or not.  Honestly, I don't want to, t.v. Terra does her role perfectly.  Yeah, shame she died but it helped Beast Boy as a character, and gave rise to Slade defeating Hell, so there's that.
That's sorta-half true.

She's not his daughter in the comics, but they did sleep together and that technically counts as statutory rape because she was only 14 at the time (IT'S SUPER FUCKING GROSS). But the big reveal of her villainy is during a scene that features Deathstroke and Terra having a post-coital chat, yeah.

Terra was created in response to the X-Men's Kitty Pryde: as a young, spunky junior member of the team. But she was always intended to be revealed to be a mole, a traitor to the team who was firmly evil. Writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Perez created her as a sort of takedown on the Kitty Pryde-type character. They slowly parceled the truth out; first she seems like an ordinary heroic character, then she's revealed to have a dark side, then she's revealed to be secretly a mole but maybe she's being forced into it against her will, and then finally it turns out that no, she's just a sociopath who hated the Titans and especially despised Changeling/Beast Boy.
#847  September 15, 2016, 04:17:18 am
wow that actually happened? and it didn't got much of an attention? lol i knew there;s something off with slade and his obsession with teenage superheroes.
Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:23:16 am by 地獄の花
#848  September 15, 2016, 04:20:34 am
    • USA
Well, no, it's by far the most famous Teen Titan storyline! It's also the point where Dick Grayson drops the Robin identity and first becomes Nightwing.

There's been an animated adaptation of it in the works for almost a decade, but just this year it was made official, and it'll come out sometime next year.
#849  September 15, 2016, 04:30:38 am
    • USA
Comics sure are fun, aren't they?  That said...

I've always wondered if Willis did a follow up when they made a Starfire comic series like the cartoon version last year
Curiosity piqued.  What comics series is that?
#850  September 15, 2016, 04:41:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry to derail the conversation but I just watched the pilot ep of the new live action Tick and it was GLORIOUS!!! I so hope this show is picked up to air more. I definitely didn't get enough Tick in that ep but I am already enthralled with the story and world they've built.

This looks like it could be some good stuff!!!
#851  September 15, 2016, 05:03:48 am
    • USA
#852  September 15, 2016, 05:04:42 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Sorry to derail the conversation but I just watched the pilot ep of the new live action Tick and it was GLORIOUS!!! I so hope this show is picked up to air more. I definitely didn't get enough Tick in that ep but I am already enthralled with the story and world they've built.

This looks like it could be some good stuff!!!

this is the one with Peter Serafinowicz voicing Tick right

cuz that man is pretty great
#853  September 15, 2016, 05:07:17 am
#854  September 15, 2016, 05:10:06 am
    • USA
#855  September 15, 2016, 05:21:23 am
    • USA
Oooooh. It's just called Starfire, part of DC's "DC You" initiative from last year that was designed to bring in a new readership that was separate from their main customer base (older readers who've been reading comics for 30-40 years, who buy single issues at specialty comic stores).

DC pretty much abandoned those books immediately and cancelled most of them before their first trade paperbacks came out, because they weren't selling enough copies to their main customer base (even though the entire point of the initiative was to reach out to newer audiences!!!). Starfire lasted longer than most other DC You (12 issues), but it too got cancelled eventually.

... and then it turned out that by and large the DC You books were enourmously successful as collected trade paperbacks. Whoops!
#856  September 15, 2016, 05:28:06 am
    • USA
Like I said, comics sure are fun, aren't they?  Anyways, thanks.  Jumped to the conclusion that they were continuations of the original show, like Avatar did, just focused on one character.
#857  September 15, 2016, 05:46:36 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
this is the one with Peter Serafinowicz voicing Tick right

cuz that man is pretty great
Yes it is and yes he was! I couldn't get enough!

The tone isn't off at all? That seems to be the most common complaint about it.

I don't want to watch it until I know it's getting picked up. I don't want my hopes and dreams to get crushed if Amazon passes!

Curiosity piqued.  What comics series is that?
Shortpacked
I guess I can see the complaint a bit? But not really I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hard to get the full tonal scope from the pilot but it's split into 3 parts.

You have the dark gritty bit for most of the bad guy segment it wasn't bad and you don't know if this applies to future bad guy segments. In fact there is a flashback bad guy segment that fit more into the next...

The normal everyday serious this seems to be able to dive quite deep into the comedy if it needs to but most of the time plays straight

And the comedy is when the tick gets involved. Seeing this mix with the gritty of the 1st was awesome.

I think people that say the tone is off are looking for more in your face humor and the 1st ep didn't have enough actual Tick in it to really make it go crazy. Instead it's building a storyline. It didn't need to. But they went for it and I'm liking what they did. I didn't remember much from the cartoon story besides everything that happened didn't reset and became more like callbacks to previous eps. I didn't read the comic either. So I can't compare it to accuracy I can only compare it to an aged nostalgic covered excuse of a memory from the old cartoon series.

And it's not that. I don't even think this guy captures Arthur well. But I am liking this particular take if that makes sense? Basically they put a lot of thought into the backstory and elements of this city that this Blue indestructible baffoon lives in. I hope they didn't make him any backstory. They could have if they went too far. He can have tick back stories. But no preTick!

Anyway I like what they have set up so far for the noncomedy bits and the comedy ones. If watching it helps them know if it is popular enough to get more eps then watch it! Unless you don't have Amazon prime and have to watch it other ways I suppose then it probably doesn't help them a lick.
Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:01:46 am by Just No Point
#858  September 15, 2016, 02:58:56 pm
all this talk about teen titans made me watch the new movie and it's very anime-ish like the first series complete with anime transformation and tsundere damien.
#859  September 15, 2016, 06:51:25 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
So this next video has a bit of a story behind it. A few months ago a user on r/Gundam shared a ton of voice clips and sound effects he/she compiled over years of work. I downloaded it and was really amused by some of the unused audio from Gundam Battle Assault 2 but in the end I didn't think much of it. Then a few months later I got bored and decided to listen to all of the files and hooo boy. There's so much cut content in the game it's not even funny. But that's not the point. I did some more digging and it turns out the narrator has plenty lines of him shit-talking the player. I don't know if these were just gag recordings or what but I knew I had to use them for something so here. For the 3 people in this thread who've probably played the game. This is for you.

Spoilers I guess
#860  September 15, 2016, 08:16:45 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/
Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?
That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Wait. Really? White supremacy?
That’s right.
you cant make this shit up

PART 2 OF THIS EPIC

http://www.infowars.com/celebrity-clinton-supporter-has-tweeted-white-supremacist-pepe-the-frog-meme/

Clinton’s assertion that the meme is now “almost entirely” used by white supremacists and not average Internet users will likely clash with many online.

We live in an era where Pepe the Frog is the center of a political debate. Thank gawd.