Re: Random Topic V10
#1443  November 07, 2016, 11:48:54 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Fuckin' memes...
#1444  November 08, 2016, 03:58:09 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

Books ruined my life because I was forced to read Harry Potter at school since it was the trendy thing to read back then. Fucking teachers...
i started reading the books like a month ago and i've already satrted the deathly hollows and then i'm going to rewatch the movies (and realized i've only watched half of them once). eitehr way i liked the books and the good thing about watcing the movies before reading the books is that instead of getting a shortened adaptation i'm reading the expanded source while using the visuals and voices from the movies
#1445  November 08, 2016, 06:08:21 am
I always prefer to imagine a book's world before watching any visual adaptions of it. Seems like more fun to me. That said, I can never imagine Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep without imagining Harrison Ford in it even though I've never seen a second of Blade Runner to this day.

Don't even remember if I disliked Harry Potter that much ,but the fourth book and movie were the last ones I saw.I think it was the pressure from the more religious members of my family that killed my enthusiasm for the whole thing.
#1446  November 08, 2016, 06:22:45 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1447  November 08, 2016, 12:10:05 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Harry Potter was okay when I was a kid, but looking back on it now is like "wow this writing style is pretty bad." And of course I already told the story of how a crazy cat-lady in my mom's bible study group lent me the entire Narnia series on the condition I finish the whole thing in a week, and now I don't remember anything except an ass dressing up like Aslan starting the apocalypse.

Four words: The Phantom Tollbooth, motherfucker.
#1448  November 08, 2016, 12:51:51 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Harry Potter is a nice example of bad writing but interesting storytelling. I like to call it western Dragon Ball. There's this really cool universe filled with quirky and creative things, but you only get to see the bare minimum to advance the plot (which isn't too good) and then all the cool stuff is completely forgotten. 
#1449  November 08, 2016, 05:28:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have been reading webnovels lately, now those are examples of interesting ideas and bad writing, adn by bad writing I don't mean it in the conventional way, but in more technical ways, like sometimes  you can't even tell who is speaking, other times pages and pages of text are given to pointless matters, while other things get badly rushed over.
#1450  November 09, 2016, 10:41:02 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Just found out the hard way that a math equation can only be so long in mugen...
Tried to put 120 conditions in one equation. Downloaded a different text editor and everything to allow for length .  :sweatdrop:
Now you know!
#1451  November 11, 2016, 03:55:02 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Figured I'd throw this out there for anyone who might be interested. I'm working on a big OST mod for Xenoverse 2 but I need testers/critics to help me shape it up for a public release. If anyone has the PC version and is interested just PM me.
#1452  November 11, 2016, 04:08:39 pm
    • USA
It better not be yet another fucking anime music mod. I can't think of anything more boring than playing a Dragon Ball game with the anime series' music as the background music (Unless it's something related to the current Trunks' arc). It never fits.
#1453  November 11, 2016, 04:13:33 pm
    • USA
#1454  November 11, 2016, 04:16:45 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Lucifer was never cast out of Heaven because Lucifer is not the devil.
im a conscious dreamer

#1455  November 11, 2016, 04:48:27 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Helel was cast out of heaven because he gave humanity the ability to think for themselves and then renamed himself to Lucifer,and sits on a frozen throne somewhere down under (Probably australia)
Satan is a different dude thats on the entrance to hell and punishes sinners,and is buddies with God
At least thats what japanese games taught me
#1456  November 11, 2016, 04:52:46 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
http://jdstone.org/cr/files/luciferaproblemforchristianity.html said:
The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or “bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by King James I to translate the Bible into then current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and, ironically, the Prince of Darkness.
im a conscious dreamer

#1457  November 11, 2016, 04:56:18 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Hail Satan, etc.
#1458  November 11, 2016, 04:58:33 pm
    • USA
#1459  November 11, 2016, 05:02:07 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He just did
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1460  November 11, 2016, 05:06:04 pm
    • USA
Sookoll just play SF3. satan is not the ruler of hell.