YesNoOk

The Good Old Mugen AI Tournament 2 (Read 73924 times)

Started by Amidweiz, April 03, 2016, 02:30:01 am
Share this topic:
The Good Old Mugen AI Tournament 2
#1  April 03, 2016, 02:30:01 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
The Good Old Mugen AI Tournament 2

http://challonge.com/TGOMAT2

See I wasn't going to be too long.

It’s practically going to be the same shtick as last time except for a few changes
Hard 8 (only effects characters that utilize AI level triggers)
Life = 300% (for a long fight)
Time = 200 (To regulate the match but enough time for the characters to KO each other)
4 v 4 turns

Rules:

If your character can ko rare akuma (I’m using him as borderline for cheapness because cheapness varies) than it’s not allowed

No apocalypse, onslaught, bonus type characters (AI doesn’t react to them well and this also includes characters with super armour all the time unless I think their alright)

No chibi or really small characters (or I might just upscale them to regular proportions because most mugen AI’s don’t know how to react to them)

No characters that intentionally infinite other characters (but characters with long combos are allowed)

No characters that perry EVERTHING (and I mean out of hitstun type parrying and such other impossibilities)

Other than what’s said any character is allowed

Post a team name if you want or I will just use your username

Post the team order (who is selected first, middle 1, middle 2, last) and if not provided I will just order them as they were said in the post, comment, email

If your character(s) have grooves or modes tell me what mode I should force it as or it will be random all the time

If it isn’t specified, it’s not going to be in

I'm using mugen 1.0... so have characters that work in it please.

Since my team won (even though I gave the first place to Thentavis) my team is going to be the boss team to beat and if a team beats it they can’t have another team next tournament.

Since people joined last time (18 teams to be exact, so I would hope to get 32 teams in this because these tournaments work of powers off 2) I'll list there teams here.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For people who have signed up, you can swap out characters if you want.

Also for people who got upset last time I'm sorry that's just how this tournament is going to be (and I have switched out kenshiro with someone that will be a surprise because why not)
Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:07:32 pm by Amidweiz
Re: The Good Old Mugen AI Tournament 2
#2  April 03, 2016, 03:41:04 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
#3  April 05, 2016, 06:22:12 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
After looking at  team KBYS again... uggg... Kirito and BRS perry everything (even though G rugal can beat kirito but only barely and considering he is the ), BRS did an infinite, and Yukina has the most questionable grabs on earth (grabbing in block stun really). The only character that was honest was Shadow Labrys but even then I'm not so sure. Unfortunately I'll have to ban the three (I'm not sure how to tone down Kirito's parrying because the mugen 1.0 version involves AIlevel triggers to do it and I don't think I can salvage the other two)

Also InternetCult's team needs one more member.
#4  April 05, 2016, 06:54:54 pm
  • Lurker
    • Netherlands
#5  April 05, 2016, 07:18:01 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Hey, I will show you my own team:

Team Real Master.
1. Yoshi by Mike(Use the new version)
2. Daniel by Daniel9999999 and edited by me.
3. Scharlachrot by Aki
4. Homer Simpson by Judgespear
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:46:39 pm by masterhand128
#6  April 05, 2016, 08:03:54 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
I'm going to replace Combat Echizen with Pielle by Descolor and Senator with Cyborg T-8P by The_None. Also could I have my team name the one I named on the previous thread?
#7  April 05, 2016, 08:08:21 pm
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#8  April 05, 2016, 10:27:55 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
After looking at  team KBYS again... uggg... Kirito and BRS perry everything (even though G rugal can beat kirito but only barely and considering he is the ), BRS did an infinite, and Yukina has the most questionable grabs on earth (grabbing in block stun really). The only character that was honest was Shadow Labrys but even then I'm not so sure. Unfortunately I'll have to ban the three (I'm not sure how to tone down Kirito's parrying because the mugen 1.0 version involves AIlevel triggers to do it and I don't think I can salvage the other two)

Also InternetCult's team needs one more member.

tbh i dont think kirito's parry aint that bad since i dealt with him twice  with no problem about that issue let him stay but other 2 needs to go
#9  April 05, 2016, 10:47:07 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Lol, Kirito shouldn't leave because it could parry very well... Besides, it's AI, not human players.
#10  April 06, 2016, 12:34:42 am
    • Philippines
#11  April 06, 2016, 05:25:14 pm
  • I'm back again.
im hype for this. just wanted to pop in and say that.
lost and forget
#12  April 06, 2016, 09:29:16 pm
    • Philippines
hmm i think i will find a replacement for senna give me a day if im going to change it or not
#13  April 08, 2016, 05:29:36 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I'm going to replace Combat Echizen with Pielle by Descolor and Senator with Cyborg T-8P by The_None. Also could I have my team name the one I named on the previous thread?

I'll go ahead and do that then

Lol, Kirito shouldn't leave because it could parry very well... Besides, it's AI, not human players.

tbh i dont think kirito's parry aint that bad since i dealt with him twice  with no problem about that issue let him stay but other 2 needs to go

Well the problem is that he perrys everything in sight, even for mugen AI it's some hardcore bullshit they can't deal with (unless you're a grappler) because mugen AI isn't really that dynamic. There is some settings which even on 5% perry chance it seems quite often which even G rugal doesn't perry that hard (and Kirito likes to perry during block strings and comboing off them unlike G rugal which just perrys slow attacks and projectiles) and also he is the starting character of the team, having him perry 100% of the time would be kinda bad don't you think. (He'll be not banned but with those settings)
#14  April 08, 2016, 07:36:58 am
    • Philippines
#15  April 08, 2016, 05:08:39 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
It would be bad, but keep in-mind that your doing an AI tourney, so more often than not there would be some inconsistent things (I'm pretty sure your aren't new to this, lol). Also, there are people who do parry like crazy in real life (especially with some mugen characters having less strict parry times than others).

On a side note, are SvK (officially edits by Mr.Infinite, not from other creators) styled characters allowed? 
#16  April 08, 2016, 06:30:15 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I think if they have good AI, (not PARRYING everything like some people make their AI do...)
#17  April 08, 2016, 06:44:35 pm
    • Philippines
It would be bad, but keep in-mind that your doing an AI tourney, so more often than not there would be some inconsistent things (I'm pretty sure your aren't new to this, lol). Also, there are people who do parry like crazy in real life (especially with some mugen characters having less strict parry times than others).

On a side note, are SvK (officially edits by Mr.Infinite, not from other creators) styled characters allowed? 

i believe they are allowed as long they aint cheap/broken tier
#18  April 09, 2016, 03:32:57 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
trust me i seen worst than kirito who parries alot let him be

well i substitute Senna for
Sanada Yukimura by Syouga http://BLACKLISTED WEBSITE.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=182
his AI patch http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~tsuyoshishiki/chars/Sanada_Yukimura_chu-nin.zip

if you dont mind :v

Ya I know have seen worse but on max perry settings he is almost on par with them, only faulting to grabs or counters (Also in testing he managed to beat my kenshiro pretty damn convincingly) so he is allowed but his parrying on 2% (Mainly because of how he uses it, and he is the first character of the set, unless someone is going to pick a really good grappler then it's going to stay at this) I'll also change out senna

I know I'm doing an AI tournament but not allowing the opponent a chance to land a move on you (since perrys = free hit = free combo which is fine but when you do that at every single waking moment, then that's where I draw the line and it's also one of the rules) I do also know people do crazy perrys but does that mean that when ken parryed chun li's super in sf3 that one time = Kritio parrying everything single thing in sight not allowing the opponent to get a hit in... and yes the SvK edits are allowed (someone already has cody)
#19  April 16, 2016, 08:38:32 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Sorry for double posting but I'm thinking on recording the tournament next week (because I have it off) if anybody wants a team in, you better tell me it quickly.
#20  April 17, 2016, 01:11:09 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
well, did you get my PM?