YesNoOk

CvS2 Dhalsim by Gal129 released 12/25/11 (Read 6460 times)

Started by Shunt666, December 27, 2011, 01:09:01 pm
Share this topic:
CvS2 Dhalsim by Gal129 released 12/25/11
#1  December 27, 2011, 01:09:01 pm
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
Re: CvS2 Dhalsim by Gal129 released 12/25/11
#2  December 27, 2011, 01:16:51 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
I'm not sure about this Dhalsim. Gal129 makes buggy CvS2 characters.
#3  December 27, 2011, 08:56:55 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Feedback Using Mugen 1.0

Never been a Dhalsim player myself but there's one noticeable thing that seemed off to me, first of all, all his long range punches and kicks will not connect with the opponent if Dhalsim is in close proximity to the opponent (tried it with JZ's Eagle) also some moves don't seem to have any damage differences, Yoga Blast M and H seemed the same to me, but I could be wrong, and the L version seemed like it did about the same.

One thing that stuck out as kinda strange is that if Dhalsim does Yoga Volcano, first of all as a super attack, this does only slightly more than his standard specials (unlike his Yoga Stream which does a fair amount regardless of power in comparison) I also found that with characters of a certain height his Yoga Volcano will not connect at all if beside his opponent (including himself and E. Honda by H"). Also one last thing in relation to this special, it seems that most of the time when beside the opponent.

The screenshot below just shows that in a corner, when performing Yoga Volcano for some strange reason the first hit will connect, but afterwards leaves Dhalsim vulnerable to attack since well....he retains his full animation, but the rest of his flame animation will not damage the opponent after the first hit.

Edit: Didn't notice it until I looked at my screenshot, but look at his feet :S he's not even touching the ground.
#4  December 27, 2011, 09:15:18 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
If Rajaa's Dhalsim wasn't already out, I'd be all over this. The only Gal129 characters I have are Vega/claw, Chang and Blanka. They're not too bad even if they're a little buggy.

Pass....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  December 28, 2011, 05:21:06 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Thanks Gal129. Dhalsim with CVS2 meters, just what I was looking for.
I seem to remember that his long range attacks won't connect at close range, that's why he has close range attacks. Not sure about the properties of Yoga blast. Yea, the anim is a bit off.
Gal129 does release patches to address reported problems. List as many as you can and most will get fixed.
#6  December 28, 2011, 11:57:28 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Yoga Volcano's only supposed to hit standing targets once, and then leave Dhalsim completely vulnerable for a very long time, even against taller characters, and only from a half-person distance away. Aside from the feet in the air, Gal129 did that one perfectly.

Dhalsim would have to link the Yoga Volcano after a ducking roundhouse, the non-sliding version. If Gal129 did that, it's good.
#7  December 29, 2011, 12:07:24 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I kinda figured it was meant to just be used strictly as an anti-air attack, since the damage and hits are normal when hitting a jumping opponent, but I just wasn't sure since as I said, I'm no Dhalsim player.

One strange thing is that when I go into training mode, if I change his options to jumping, walking or whatever, his ai becomes active instead of doing the required action, not sure what causes it, or whether it's a 1.0 only related issue.
#8  December 29, 2011, 10:36:55 am
  • welcome to SFMX world!
    • www.mugenchina.org
SUPPORT!! OH!! a good job. I love this DHALSIM!!! MANY THANKS Gal129!!!! :sugoi: :sugoi:
#9  December 29, 2011, 02:43:39 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
That might be winmugen AI activation. Most of Dhalsim's normals should miss up close except for maybe his hp and some situational things.

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#10  January 01, 2012, 03:28:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
This isn't too bad, has a few problems though

• Too much X distance in the jump forward and back (though I will admit this is slight nitpicking)
  • Yoga Fire in all versions is too fast.
  • Notably absent from this character is negative edge, which makes some combos like the one Agnibyte mentioned hard to do.
  • I can only mash up to 10 hits on the throw, and I should be able to mash up to 13.

I see he used Zero3 hitboxes and while that is a good start since it's pretty much the only data we can get, it should be taken with a grain of salt since some things won't cancel out as they should, even within Dhalsim himself. For example, c.MP and s.HP should both have potential for either overprioritizing the other, or just outright trading out, which isn't possible in this Dhalsim. While this may seem like nitpicking, Dhalsim's basics ARE Dhalsim, so getting them to work right, at LEAST with each other, is important.

Again, not bad at all, huge improvement over the previous CvS2 characters. Aesthetics aren't really to my taste though and I may just stick with Rajaa's (even if the version I have suffers from KFM syndrome) until I decide to make my own.
#11  January 05, 2012, 06:07:12 am
    • Indonesia
Thank you so much for making cvs Dhalsim, Gal129. I have been waiting for it.  :sugoi:
#12  January 05, 2012, 05:36:44 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Uh, he didn't make it.
#13  January 05, 2012, 05:39:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Huh, he specifically thanked Gal129. Yeah, he's basically talking to nobody, but who cares.
#14  January 05, 2012, 07:44:18 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Oh lol
#15  January 06, 2012, 10:04:24 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
is that all the cvs2 characters? if so, are there more custom cvs2 characters coming or something?