Started by Mr. I, April 12, 2009, 07:59:30 am
Share this topic:
Spinal -R2-
#1  April 12, 2009, 07:59:30 am
    • Canada
Spinal from Killer Instinct Gold for N64/ARC

Screens:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks to Kong's open source sprite rips, i was able to convert my previous attempt with this for a more visually satisfying character.

Although all sprites came from the ARC version, frame data was studied using the N64 version so not all moves will have arcade correct timings. I may decide to redo this using the ARC version as a base if people find the n64 version different. As always please do not hesitate to point out flaws, bugs, oversights, found. I am committed to making this character enjoyable so feel free to be as harsh with the criticism if you so please.

This character does not have his complete moveset as of yet so it is unnecessary to point out any missing moves.

Hoping I didn't miss something really stupid before uploading  :P
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oygwwzbzw1j
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:47:26 pm by Orbinaut
Re: Spinal
#2  April 12, 2009, 08:23:54 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Yeah, those sprites are....pretty bad to say the least.
#3  April 12, 2009, 09:10:19 am
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
Well then, Cant wait for the next update with the better sprites
#4  April 12, 2009, 04:49:47 pm
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Well congrads on your release brother!  :sugoi:

Now thats 2 KI gold characters for Mugen. Im sure someone will help you with the damage and hopefully you will clean up the sprites in the next update.

Thanks for the release, and keep up the good work.
#5  April 12, 2009, 05:50:06 pm
Yes this is a very nice surprise! Although I won't use the present one, i'll probably add the future update to my roster. Thanks for the release, can't wait for the update!
For more Mugen stuff visit me at http://retrostage.trinitymugen.net/
#6  April 12, 2009, 07:42:33 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
nice release, KI gold char! nice surprise too. but wait for the next update with "improved" sprites!
#7  April 13, 2009, 01:25:07 am
    • Canada
Seems as if the sprite issue is a lot more serious than I expected it to be. No problems, I'll make sure it gets addressed asap.

Also can anyone comment on his movement and physics. That was my main intention of this.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#8  April 13, 2009, 03:12:30 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Also can anyone comment on his movement and physics. That was my main intention of this.

Well his attack damage isnt bad at all, but I havent tested his supers. But all I see that needs some major work is the sprites. Other than that its pretty nice.  :sugoi:
#9  April 13, 2009, 05:53:24 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
wow ive ben waiting for a spinal ill try him out
Re: Spinal -R2-
#10  May 09, 2009, 08:49:06 pm
    • Canada
The new sprite pack has arrived thanks to Kong.

Initial release post archived here:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11  May 09, 2009, 08:52:04 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Does this mean his sprites aren't messed up anymore? ~=o
#12  May 09, 2009, 08:56:03 pm
    • Canada
Yes, i guess so. Though technically they weren't messed up initially. Just incredibly low quality.
#13  May 10, 2009, 09:12:57 pm
Nice, i love K.I.
Which link is the latest update, the one in the original post or the one a couple posts up from this? They're both different file sizes although it seems you've updated your original post with the new info...
#14  May 10, 2009, 09:40:56 pm
    • Canada
First post is the most recent. Though I started playing playing him some more and found bugs on my own. These will be fixed in the next update:

- State 5090 causes player to disappear due to animtime = 0 (Ack!!!! How careless!!!!!)
- Trip state 5070 is horribly done and sometimes causes player to go through the floor (How careless again!!!!!)
- His recovery state (x + y in air) looks awful and will be removed
- Some animations still have the default block animation and they need to be removed.

Such oversights and bugs will be fixed in the next update for sure.