Axel Stone (SOR3)
#1  May 16, 2010, 10:51:02 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mugenfreeforall.com/Ryon/Axel%20Stone%20SFF%20Fix.zip

[Comment]
Copied From Read Me!
MADE FOR MUGEN 1.0, BUT SHOULD STILL WORK IN MUGEN PLUS.
[Character Bio]
Name : Axel Stone
Fighting Style : Martial Arts

[Previous Games]
Streets Of Rage ; Bare Knuckle
Streets Of Rage 2 ; Bare Knuckle 2
Streets Of Rage 3 ; Bare Knuckle 3

[Creation Info]
During my short lived idea of a Full game for mugen using Chibi characters that all use my fighting system, The idea for Axel Stone ran across my mind. ORIGINALLY i made axel... 1 year ago, but i never released him due to him being incomplete, and for the full game. However now that mugen 1.0 is released, i converted all my Chibi characters and there full game to 1.0. and i relized how bad assed Axel looks on a 1280x720 resolution. so i decided to redo all his sprites, add new moves, fix previous errors, and over all finish him up and release him along side with Guy. Alot of things that were in Guy are from Axel really. but regardless because of these 2 i feel more compelled to make a new full game " Final Fight Vs. Streets Of Rage "if all goes well this will work out beautiful.

[Battle System]
X = Punch / Punch Combo (if you mash)
Y = Kick / Kick Combo (if you mash)
Z = Dragon Wing (hits partner in team battle)

[Special Moves]
Grand Upper = F, F, x (sounds like "Bare Knuckle")
Dragon Smash = F + z
Grand Hook = B, F, z

[Super Moves]
Super Dragon Smash = B, D, F, x
Super Dragon Burst = B, D, F, y
Grand Dragon Upper = B, D, F, z

[Side Notes]
I tried my best to make Axel very combo-abled, very used friendly. he may be spam friendly as well. He has NO A.I. coding outside from mugen's default stuff.
He should play 90% like his Sega Genesis counter part. minus the supers.
All moves are interchangable.
Re: Axel Stone (SOR3)
#2  May 16, 2010, 10:59:01 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Oh yeah, I remember him as a beta.
I'll try him out when I get the time, looks very nice.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#3  May 16, 2010, 11:27:36 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Good, I like old school chars a lot.

I will give him a try
#4  May 16, 2010, 11:52:54 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
many thanks guys. somehow seeing you 2 post doesn't surprise me.
hope you like him alot!
#5  May 17, 2010, 12:29:37 am
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
-Infinite: x, a, x, a, x , a, x, a, x, a, x, a until Axel has been pushed away that he can't hit
no more.
-Same with: x, x, a, x, x, a, x, x, a...
-Super BG is misaligned
-Supers are extremely hard to pull off, can't even get them out most of the time. Definitely need to slow down the command.
-No small portrait  o_O
-Some times in the intro when the character walks and then changes to his stance state his walking animation keeps going in the background.
Couldn't really find anything else. I'd recommend you remove the 1 button specials and use commands. It makes the characters specials really easy to spam. Anyway, it's a good character but, I really hate how you make the supers so damn hard to pull off.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:35:24 am by Nnaajj
#6  May 17, 2010, 01:02:08 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#7  May 17, 2010, 01:59:44 am
    • www.scrollboss.illmosis.net
You did a great job with this Axel. He's definitely combo and spam friendly, too. I don't mind the one button specials since that's how they work in the game. It makes him much more efficient against multiple enemies who are coming from both directions. I didn't have any trouble getting the supers to work but I was using a keyboard. I can see how it may be a bit tough to do them with some controllers.

If you need small portraits:

It's his in-game lifebar portrait without the border. I just cropped the standing sprite Sega seems to have used for their portrait and positioned it so any SoR/BK lifebars could throw up their own borders over the portraits and the positioning would still match.

I took a shot at recoloring this using the sprite colors and you really don't want to see that. Not at all. Sadly, you'd have to cram extra colors into the character palette to make it work though.

I hope this leads to you making more SoR characters when you get the chance especially if it leads to the idea you mentioned in the Read Me.txt!
#8  May 17, 2010, 02:03:12 am
  • "The Future is Now"
-Infinite: x, a, x, a, x , a, x, a, x, a, x, a until Axel has been pushed away that he can't hit
no more.
-Same with: x, x, a, x, x, a, x, x, a...
-Super BG is misaligned
-Supers are extremely hard to pull off, can't even get them out most of the time. Definitely need to slow down the command.
-No small portrait  o_O
-Some times in the intro when the character walks and then changes to his stance state his walking animation keeps going in the background.
Couldn't really find anything else. I'd recommend you remove the 1 button specials and use commands. It makes the characters specials really easy to spam. Anyway, it's a good character but, I really hate how you make the supers so damn hard to pull off.

the super BG is not misaligned, you need to play your game on 1280x720 to view it properly.. im sure there is a code that scales the explode to the walls/1280x720 resolution.

no small portraits because normal mugen cant see them. check his SFF he has one. wel... its not 9000 0.

the intro is the thing that bugged me. i wanted him to jump and break barrels.. similar to how Guy's SSF4 intro is. but i couldnt do it, so i settled for this. and yes i know its not / far from good.

You did a great job with this Axel. He's definitely combo and spam friendly, too. I don't mind the one button specials since that's how they work in the game. It makes him much more efficient against multiple enemies who are coming from both directions. I didn't have any trouble getting the supers to work but I was using a keyboard. I can see how it may be a bit tough to do them with some controllers.

If you need small portraits:

It's his in-game lifebar portrait without the border. I just cropped the standing sprite Sega seems to have used for their portrait and positioned it so any SoR/BK lifebars could throw up their own borders over the portraits and the positioning would still match.

I took a shot at recoloring this using the sprite colors and you really don't want to see that. Not at all. Sadly, you'd have to cram extra colors into the character palette to make it work though.

I hope this leads to you making more SoR characters when you get the chance especially if it leads to the idea you mentioned in the Read Me.txt!

thanks but i never intended to release him publically like his, he has portraits there in his SFF.
also yes i hope for that as well. PrimeOp you should play with my Guy.
he plays very similar except more Guy like.
#9  May 17, 2010, 03:19:36 am
#10  May 17, 2010, 05:12:59 am
  • "The Future is Now"
yeah i know.. i didnt think anyone except Rugal had the use of that sprites....

i should fix it ... -_-
#11  May 18, 2010, 04:16:13 am
  • "The Future is Now"
http://www.mugenfreeforall.com/Ryon/Axel%20Stone%20SFF%20Fix.zip

fixed the animation error mentioned above.
i was lazy and i didnt think anyone except rugal used that sprite.

anyways its fix.

I think i'm gonna lay off the normal sized characters for a while. my moral for making them was recently shot down.

so if anything my next release will be. Blaze , and eventually Maki.

+ EDIT! +
I just test played Blaze in SOR3.
it took me a while but i managed to do all of her special moves and i have her moves planed out. I will have to rip all of her sprites like i did with axel since the one available on spritedatabase is missing alot.

so soon i'll eventually rip her sprites (release them soon after) and i'll make Blaze.
#12  May 18, 2010, 07:05:14 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Instead of using a 1280*720 Super BG, why not using a 1280*960 one. This way, whatever the resolution, it'll look fine.
#13  May 18, 2010, 07:56:13 am
I would make his "uppercut/spin punch" do a little more damage, maybe. It's very weak, especially compared to his punch flurry.

edit: In addition to the feedback via PM, he has no grabs or throws (grab attacks in SOR3 are initiated just by walking into the enemy.)

Also it looks like you did include his running uppercut, I just tried doing it WHILE running, meaning I was doing the motion way, way too slow. So disregard that part.

Any chance you can get his SOR3 voice for that move? Unless the voices were different for American/Japanese versions and you used a different version than I remember, which is totally possible.
Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:03:36 am by Nemephosis
#14  May 18, 2010, 12:03:00 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
i ripped all the voices for axel.

and thats what i got in the jap version.

@ Cybaster - i really like how the effects look on the 1280x720 resolution, as compared to the 1280x960. but maybe you know of a code that scales the image to the walls of the screen?