YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 848984 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#621  March 18, 2017, 02:12:53 am
#622  March 18, 2017, 02:21:56 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
You say that because you are "i presume" not a woman and "i also presume" not a modern feminist  either xD

But it's all 18 this and that i would like 17 or 16 to have some attention too,here or in general.
Yes,i know she is a fan favourite but come on,
Imagine the K' of Dragon Ball and robo-grappler with rocket punches xD
Now i think of it a K' inspired Android 17 would be great,because he seems a bit lazy and laidback.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#623  March 18, 2017, 02:38:52 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
The Huge, Slow,  Muscular, Male Grapplers stereo-type is nowhere near as common as it was years ago. I'll list just a few:
Vice, Blue Mary, Ramon, Hinako Shijou, Shermie B. (SNK)
El Fuerte, R. Mika, Laura (CAPCOM)
Tina, Lisa (Dead or Alive)
El Blaze, Vanessa (Virtua Fighter)
Nina, Anna (Tekken)
There actually alot more but hopefully you get my point.

Also, Piccolo is NOT a grapple character at all! He has a blockable drag-reset. Hell, Vega & Ibuki (Street Fighter) are Grapplers by THAT definition. I say anyone with 3 or more command grabs is considered a Grappler type - At least in a 2d fighter.

I suggested Android 18 be a grappler it would make her way different from the rest of the characters in the game. Especially, any of the females in Dragon Ball.

16 would've been the obvious Grappler pick of the 3 but him being a boxer type would take advantage of his massive reach. And would make him different from the rest of the  potential "Big Guys" in HDBZ. Also, there isn't really anyone else that important enough you could put in as a boxer type. You could make 16's style an omage to Colonel Silver.

Colonel Silver fought like a Boxer the filler episode against 4 other boxers and again in DRAGON BALL ORIGINS 2. You could even name some of the Punches after him. Like Silver Hook/ Silver Straight. Almost as if 16 idolized Silver. And for those you might not know, 16 is actually Gero's son who was also in the Red Ribbon Army. So it would all make sense if 16 fought like Silver.
#624  March 18, 2017, 02:51:22 pm
  • Fate's Persona
Don't be salty, he is in some essence a throw character or something similar..

JNP told me so, because he can hold and control his combos for quite a while which is true.

Forum question:Is it possible to quote posts from other threads?
So i can show you.

As far as i know,there are these types of characters in any form in fighting games,  Grappler,Zone and Rush
I might forget something here though

EDIT:Here, from a small conversation in Picc's release thread a while ago
It's the movement speed ,the animation is fine.
Piccolo is the slowest Z2 character yet.
I asked that i while ago and i was told it is part of his "clunkiness".
Also,and expect the speed to be fixed as it's on purpose like this
I like to think of him as a weird version of a throw character. Because once you land one of his several set up moves you basically control them for a good while. Think of it like King's multi part throws from Tekken but with strict timing windows.

I know that a Grappler doesn't need to be a rival of Zangief in muscle
but from how she does things she seems fast,fast and furious.
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:01:16 pm by AgentofDestiny
#625  March 18, 2017, 03:20:19 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
Oh please don't bother with that, lol! If JNP wants to call Piccolo a "Grappler" that is absolutely fine.
#626  March 18, 2017, 03:23:12 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
JNP used the wrong word for "grappler", when he instead wanted to say "groper".
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#627  March 18, 2017, 03:53:06 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That was a very loose use of the word there :p He's not a grappler at all in the literal sense. I just meant that once he lands one of his many setup options P2 basically loses ctrl. But that's not really any different than the way the rest of the cast does it. He just has more emphasis on needing his setups.
#628  March 18, 2017, 04:23:53 pm
Piccolo is the vegan version of a grappler. You can eat it the same way, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're the same.
#629  March 18, 2017, 05:14:49 pm
  • Fate's Persona
As i previously said,fuck it.
I play fighting games for fun and know the basic things by name,other than that i take notes.
Groper,what is that?

Anyway,say you want to make her as Z2,
How many throws should she posses as a Grappler?
or what kind of properties should her moves have?
If you want her slow that might be a problem against the whole cast,maybe only against the fast ones.
#630  March 18, 2017, 07:22:09 pm
  • we live in a society
    • USA
    • www.8wayrun.com
Hm... with all this talk of grapplers and boxers now I can't help but picture 16, 17, and 18 as Clark, Ralph and Leona.

I dig it.
#631  March 18, 2017, 07:45:47 pm
I think her special mode should have 17 and 16 as strikers that take away more of the meter when used. They could fill up a meter below the other but only ifnthey hit the opponent when they aren't blocking.

#632  March 18, 2017, 08:01:56 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
I think her special mode should have 17 and 16 as strikers that take away more of the meter when used. They could fill up a meter below the other but only ifnthey hit the opponent when they aren't blocking.

Seems like a better idea for Captain Ginyu. There was a MUGEN Iori I had some years ago that had Mature and Vice as Strikers the hung out in the Background until the player used appropriate Command. One or Both would then Jump in and do the attack you asked for. It was similar to how Captain Commando worked only you could see the Helpers in the Background the whole Match.

As i previously said,fuck it.
I play fighting games for fun and know the basic things by name,other than that i take notes.
Groper,what is that?

Anyway,say you want to make her as Z2,
How many throws should she posses as a Grappler?
or what kind of properties should her moves have?
If you want her slow that might be a problem against the whole cast,maybe only against the fast ones.

I mentioned this in my Original Post but I guess I can try and go a bit more in detail.

First Question: Not sure if this is a Rule, but I've noticed almost all Grapplers typically have at least 3 go to Command Throws.
=============
Second Question: The idea is to Model Android 18 after Laura from Street Fighter V. Laura is one of the fastest, in not the fastest, Grappler currently in SFV. Here are some videos to reference from.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What makes Laura so quick is her ability to limit her opponent's spacing with her Thunder Clap Projectile. Thunder Clap is a Chargeable, slow moving projectile that would work nicely as 18's version of a Destructo Disk. Laura can also charge in with Dashing Elbows AKA Bolt Charge that have Grappling Follow-ups.  So 18 would have something similar to Vegeta's Dashing Elbow. Again, those two moves are just to set up for Grabs.

After the Dashing Elbow it would flow something like this.
Dashing Elbow > Leg Hold Slam OR Arm Breaker Kick OR Air Toss.

Leg Hold Slam: 18 has an Unnamed Grab in Super DBZ (8:31 in the last video VS Cell) where she grapples the opponent by their Feet and Slams them into the Ground.

Arm Breaker Kick is purely a reference to how 18 broke Vegeta's arm. Alex, also from SFV, has a Normal Back Grab with a similar animation that I'm, proposing. In it, Alex slides the opponent past him then performs a jumping kick to the back of the opponents head. I'm saying, 18  could strike a bit lower which will visually hit the opponent in their arm. So, This Grab will Switch Sides and cause a Crumple state(possibly an EX trait).  Laura's Split Break also switches sides in the same way. Basically, these moves will get 18/Laura out of Corners. Also, If you have already launched a Charged Destructo Disk, it will hit the 'Crumpled' opponent for extra damage. Charged Version of the Destructo Disk stay on screen longer. The flow would look something like this.

Charge Destructo Disk> Dashing Elbow> Arm Breaker Kick> Opponent is now in the path of the Destructo Disk and Defenseless.

There is also a Dragon Punch version of the Dashing Elbow. If connected, 18 would then Toss the opponent to the Ground. Similar to Rose's (SFA/SF4) Soul Throw. 18 performs a similar throw in the Boutoden Series (SNES).

Laura also has a Special Move that not part of her Bolt Charge Attacks called Sunset Wheel. It's a Stationary Grab. Infinite Hold is a Reference to 18's move in Super DBZ shown in the video above. Both dash(EX Only), flip, and leave opponent a Hard Knockdown state. EX version would Dash just like 18 does in Super DBZ.

I also proposed that 17 and 18 fight a bit like Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon. I provided a video in the original Comment , which are a Edited Version of the two from Super Double Dragon. In the video, Jimmy performs an over-head Crescent Kick to Sweep. Very Similar to the Move 18 has in the Boutoden Series. Jimmy also has the same Leg Hold Slam.

=============

The Basic Strategy would be to use Destructo Disk to limit the opponent's Movement Options. Then Use the appropriate Dashing Elbow, Forward or Anti-Air to Grab the Opponent. Use Infinity Hold when Close. Over head kick when Necessary. 
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:19:44 pm by Smurfyeah
#633  March 18, 2017, 08:32:11 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I love the Laura/ Blue Marry idea for 18.
In the show she and 17 seemed more like rush down characters who worked in tandem. If 17 does show up in the game in the 2 VS 1 mode 18 can lock the opponent down with steady projectiles, and 17 can rush them down.
Then the twins will be individuals with their own incentives to play.

Destructo Disk is such a Krillin signature move.
I know she got married to Krillin, but she never used the move in the show.
Can she just use a charged energy blast? It would irk me to see her doing a move she never used.
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:37:17 pm by Alpha Proto
#634  March 18, 2017, 08:46:53 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
I love the Laura/ Blue Marry idea for 18.

Destructo Disk is such a Krillin signature move.
I know she got married to Krillin, but she never used the move in the show.
Can she just use a charged energy blast?

The idea would be for her to use it completely differently than Krillin. I would think Krillin would use it more as a keep away tool. Maybe even shoot multiples like Guile:

and 18 uses it to get closer.

As far as things in the Show, Chi-CHi never used the Power pole and Bansho Fan in the show but she did in a video game . 18 usually has the Destructo Disk as one of her moves in most games she is in. As far as I know, Z2 usually likes to take ideas from all sources so I wouldn't get too caught up with what the show does. If that were the case, you'd have to give the Destructo Disk to Goku as he used it in the show before.
#635  March 19, 2017, 01:33:17 am
  • Fate's Persona
Wow,you really go to the extra mile (and extra lines of typing) when you have an idea,i respect that.

All these suggestions for 18 are good and all
Why everyone is all about 18? Show some love to 16 and 17 too.
Say she is confirmed as a Grappler, i would kind of worry that no one else can be a Grappler (or have some parts of it)
#636  March 19, 2017, 02:31:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Wow,you really go to the extra mile (and extra lines of typing) when you have an idea,i respect that.

All these suggestions for 18 are good and all
Why everyone is all about 18? Show some love to 16 and 17 too.
Say she is confirmed as a Grappler, i would kind of worry that no one else can be a Grappler (or have some parts of it)
I think people are eyeing 18 because they want some women in the game.
I know I would appreciate some women in the game.
Having a variety of characters to choose from is always a plus.

Having Laura didn't stop Street Fighter V from having Zangief, and Rainbow Mika.

Also having 18 be a grappler would work out just fine.
The style of grappler show would be would be different than your average grappler.
She would rush towards her opponents to grab them, or counter an attack like Karen.
Very Jujitsu/Aikido/ Steven Seagal type of style would complement her bone breaking nature.

It would be cool seeing 18 counter attacks, and respond with comments like;
"Amature!"
"Pathetic!"
"As if..."
"Pa-lease..."
"Really?"
Heh, typing that out honestly made  me more  excited of the prospect of seeing her in the game. :)
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:44:53 am by Alpha Proto
#637  March 19, 2017, 02:46:23 am
  • Fate's Persona
Needing more female characters,that's understandable.
But for me personally the whole gang deserves attention.

As about the Grapplers you are right,if 18 Z2 is a Grappler i would like a Grappler Broly Z2........but i can only dream about it
#638  March 19, 2017, 03:02:28 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:06:03 am by Smurfyeah
#639  March 19, 2017, 03:02:59 am
18's probably getting all the attention because Smurfyeah is a big fan and brought her up in the first place. :P
#640  March 19, 2017, 03:09:23 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If/when we do a grappler I've totally called dibs!