YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 831805 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#661  March 21, 2017, 10:30:54 am
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Yeah. Well, it's more than likely Cell, but #18 would be a nice addition.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#662  March 21, 2017, 10:22:13 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
I just cant see how 18 is a grappler. No issues with her having some grappling moves but thats not how she fights. She plays keep away and comes in for close combat when the opponent is open.

she just doesn't fight like that so its superrr out of character, imo launching someone in the air then grabbing their leg and smashing them down fits well (tribute to Trunks flying towards his daddy). + android, so i'd assume you'd do some sort of Ki thing, they dont charge or anything
#663  March 22, 2017, 12:38:39 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
I just cant see how 18 is a grappler. No issues with her having some grappling moves but thats not how she fights. She plays keep away and comes in for close combat when the opponent is open.

she just doesn't fight like that so its superrr out of character, imo launching someone in the air then grabbing their leg and smashing them down fits well (tribute to Trunks flying towards his daddy). + android, so i'd assume you'd do some sort of Ki thing, they dont charge or anything

Not saying 18 should do suplexes, power bombs, SPDs or giant swings. With the exception of one, the grapples mentioned where all performed by 18 in her previous game appearances. The Leg Grab you are describing, is from Super DBZ which was already discussed. To be honest, kind of makes me think you didn't read my comment about how I'd build her. No worries if you didn't but I'd appreciate it if you did as it may change you mind. Besides, most of the listed grabs are just strikes with theatrics anyway.

Also, not saying you're wrong but the description you provided for 18's fighting style seems like every character in DBZ.  They all play keep away, or dodge, and go in when they see an opening. Hell, Broly fights that way in the movie. You only saw him rush in more because he was considerably superior in strength and pissed, really, really, pissed. You can take SSJ Goku's Moveset and give it most of the current and future HDBZ cast and it would make sense. The Budokai games were proof of that. Remember, there wasn't THAT much variation in the moves sets when that game first came out. I just felt like 18 being a grappler makes her feel brand new to HDBZ. Also, there isn't really another female character that fits being a grappler - hardly anyone in DBZ actually grabs. Then again. if Z2 goes with the female Broly in Super, lol!

As I mentioned before in a previous comment, Grapplers in fighting games aren't always a Zangief type. Which is why I keep defending my stance on the character. The Z2 has stated numerous times that they look at all forms of media when creating a HDBZ character. I just followed that same method and came up with this. If Z2 Team hates this idea, I'm ok with it. I'm not the one Spriting her, not currently at least. Just figured everyone wanted a new play style - I know I do. I'm also aware that you can't please everyone.

#664  March 22, 2017, 01:12:16 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
If anything, 18 would be a charge character.  Just seems to suit her style for some reason.
#665  March 22, 2017, 02:23:45 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Im surprised no one hasn't mentioned Krillin yet.
I wonder what you would do with him,i would say i fast and maybe rushdown,close and personal. (hope i don'r mess that up).
Leave 18  a Grappler as Smurfyeah suggests and have Krillin a rushdown,a powerful duo in Sim Mode.     (Being different chars not Tag-Team char)
Really,though for those who know fighting games to the core,what do you suggest about him in Z2 playstyle?
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#666  March 22, 2017, 06:31:13 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
I can imagine Fasha being the type to crush people with her legs, do suplexes and all that though. Fasha the mighty

#667  March 22, 2017, 07:12:13 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

If anything, 18 would be a charge character.  Just seems to suit her style for some reason.

I recall seeing a comment by Balthazar on one of his videos stating that they weren't going to be doing charge characters on the basis of the motions being too difficult for keyboard users, which I assume is referring to the delta/pretzel motions some have.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that same logic would also rule out full-circle grappler characters.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#668  March 22, 2017, 07:19:45 pm
I can do a pretzel on a keyboard as long as the command comes out smoothly like with divinewolf's characters. Grapplers with 360s is like murder to me so...yeah I agree there.
#669  March 22, 2017, 07:27:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Gotenks will have a mix of charge and normal commands.

If we make a throw character he/she will have 360 and 720 motions. Or the shortcut variety anyway (270?)
#670  March 22, 2017, 10:08:11 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Well that's good to hear then. I like me some charge characters and was understandably disheartened when I read Balthazar's comment.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#671  March 22, 2017, 10:14:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm shaking things up >:)
#672  March 23, 2017, 11:19:06 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
There's just no point in opposing you c: charge em up!
#673  March 23, 2017, 11:36:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ill shake them down, every move is now a direction and a button. Smash bros style, to help our friends that love combos. /s
#674  March 23, 2017, 06:13:32 pm
(Giant post warning: don't quote the whole thing!)

Looking at the manga, Android 18's only major fight is with Vegeta. She doesn't use any ki attacks, mostly just normal punches and kicks. But she does do this this:

Not wrestling moves, but restricting her opponent's movements to damage them, so they make sense being implemented as grapples in a fighting game. So I like the idea of her being a grappler. Not a power character, but one that relies on getting in close and can't perform as well in long range. Probably a speed or balanced character.

Since she's known for breaking Vegeta's arm in the middle of their fight, maybe her emo mode could have her apply debuffs with her special moves. One move where she breaks your arm and your damage goes down, one where she breaks your leg and your speed goes down, etc. Can you pull that off in MUGEN?

Im surprised no one hasn't mentioned Krillin yet. ... Really,though for those who know fighting games to the core,what do you suggest about him in Z2 playstyle?

Now Krillin's one of my favourites so I've got a stronger impression of him. Everyone knows the Kienzan, but he's also got a bunch of Ki moves are that very difficult to dodge: Double Tsuihikidan, Kakusandan, etc. On the flipside he's got short limbs and he's rarely been as strong as his opponents. So I think of him as a meter hog. A character who has really great tools for doing both reliable damage and capitalizing on an opportunity, but he needs super meter to use them.

As for how he fights when he doesn't have a super move available. I'm thinking that until he gets the meter he'd be running around relying on pokes because his damage isn't great otherwise and he doesn't perform well when his opponent gets close. That's a bit like the Krillin experience, right? Running around someone much stronger trying not to get killed. I'm thinking that most of his attacks will mostly be combo fodder because his limbs are short to use them safely, but he'll have some unsafe rushing attacks when he wants to get a surprise hit in. He always seems fond of sudden flying kicks:

Makes sense for some with short limbs. Maybe give him divekick version too so he can do surprise attacks from anywhere. The combos might not have high damage, but he'll use them to build meter and maybe throw his opponents off their game.

I'm also thinking that a lot of his special moves will more to confuse or distract his opponent. Part of it is to keep his opponent from getting in an beating out Krillin due to their longer-ranged normals, but part of it will be throwing them off to create openings. Krillin was always good at doing that too:

Not saying he should necessarily have a move where he blinds the other player with his shaven head, but having moves that give him the confusing fighting style.
#675  March 23, 2017, 06:19:06 pm
  • Fate's Persona
Somebody sits on the Thinking Chair a lot.

I thought Smurfyeah had the largest post here for a while.
The only thing i have to say to you is hold those ideas of yours until they are "official" sometime.
You'll have a lot to say by then :mlol:
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:29:16 pm by AgentofDestiny
#676  March 23, 2017, 06:21:53 pm
I am a Professional Dragonball Nerd (PDN). Overthinking Dragonball is what I do.
#677  March 23, 2017, 06:24:14 pm
  • Fate's Persona
You,Lightscarecrow and others make me feel bad for being here for the fighting game part,mostly :mlol:
#678  March 23, 2017, 09:45:54 pm
Sorry if this was anwered earlier but who is planned to be in the next build.
#679  March 23, 2017, 10:04:36 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
You can see the development threads in the corresponding section.
To answer your question, we are currently working on Buu, Gotenks and Tien
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#680  March 23, 2017, 10:21:31 pm
Oh okay thanks