YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 848436 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#881  April 15, 2017, 12:36:24 am
    • Brazil
I might not use it much since it'll kill my selected stage soundtracks,which are from the official games.I still used it for the sake of trying it out.
Good stuff there Bullfrog :thumbsup:
For regular players with no custom thingies it's great.

Hey AgentofDestiny !
I removed the code referent to changing the soundtrack, since this build only have one track per stage. So I guess, it's safe for u to use, ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Cheers, mate!
#882  April 17, 2017, 07:57:24 pm
    • Romania
here its  a bug that i found in this game,when i try to use hellzone grenade against Saibaiman Piccolo freeze
http://imgur.com/3XGLzro
p.s: i dont know if this its the right topic to post 
#883  April 17, 2017, 09:18:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thank you. The bug has been fixed and a patch is coming soon.
#884  April 17, 2017, 09:49:54 pm
  • Quack
On the topic of Saibamen bugs, has the bug where Satan freezes when using megaton punch against them been noticed? I shall post a picture of it later, as I am away from my computer.

Also... is there any animals from Dragon Ball canon that could be turned into HDBZ characters? I was thinking about this after looking at a picture of a bear character.
Quack
#885  April 17, 2017, 10:32:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep, Satan bug has been patched and will be released probably this week along with the other patches.
#886  April 17, 2017, 10:39:32 pm
Also... is there any animals from Dragon Ball canon that could be turned into HDBZ characters? I was thinking about this after looking at a picture of a bear character.

In order of most fitting as a player character to most fitting as a joke characters, I'd say that the viable option are:

Beerus
Bergamo
Neko Majin Z
Oozaru
Korin
Shu
Oolong
Monster Carrot
Bear Thief
Turtle
Frog Ginyu

But Team Z2 has made Babidi and Mr. Satan into good playable characters, so I'm sure they can pull off whatever they feel like.
#887  April 17, 2017, 11:20:45 pm
    • USA
#888  April 17, 2017, 11:53:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Not very useful really. It didn't list any of the attacks for Kid Buu I'd give him for example.
#889  April 18, 2017, 12:22:32 am
    • USA
Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:29:11 am by Saints
#890  April 18, 2017, 01:06:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
What JNP means is that it doesn't list an attack that would fit Kid Buu's playstyle. I'll give you an example.

Mr. Satan's Nimbly Bimbly isn't a move that exists in the anime/manga/games in any form. However, it fits Mr. Satan's character of trying to run away and deceive the opponent. Additionally, it gives Mr. Satan a way to get away from opponents and play with spacing that he would otherwise struggle with.

And yes it got its current name from this movie. (it was originally Tactical Retreat)
#891  April 18, 2017, 01:44:31 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Any plans on releasing the game in different languages like Spanish?
 I just watched these kids play the game , and it is a shame they cant enjoy the win quotes in their native language.

They seem to be having fun either way. It would be a lot of work so I understand if you can't.
Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:51:04 am by Alpha Proto
#892  April 18, 2017, 02:07:42 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Yeah, there's a LOT to translate, and if we're talking audio, that would bloat the filesizes up to ungodly amounts (Mr. Satan's is about 40 MB, and he only has one language option).

HOWEVER, MUGEN does allow different sets of winquotes for different languages, so if someone's got the time and is good at Spanish, I personally wouldn't mind setting up Spanish language support for Satan (or whatever language y'all wanna make).
#893  April 18, 2017, 02:34:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Yeah, there's a LOT to translate, and if we're talking audio, that would bloat the filesizes up to ungodly amounts (Mr. Satan's is about 40 MB, and he only has one language option).

HOWEVER, MUGEN does allow different sets of winquotes for different languages, so if someone's got the time and is good at Spanish, I personally wouldn't mind setting up Spanish language support for Satan (or whatever language y'all wanna make).
Understood. Growing up I had to play games with only the Japanese language available. So just being able to navigate, and know the text would be a convenience.
I have been  looking up game play videos with commentary of Hyper Dragon Ball Z in my free time, and the game is very popular in the Spanish speaking community.
#894  April 18, 2017, 02:39:37 am
From what i've seen MUGEN in general is popular with the Spanish community...actually it just seems popular with any non American community now that I think about it.
#895  April 18, 2017, 03:18:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well when I said it doesn't show moves I'd give Kid Buu I meant I watched the anime and he had several moves that the website doesn't show that'd make for great specials and supers.
#896  April 18, 2017, 04:08:50 am
  • Quack
Well, I'm not really sure where I should I ask this, but here goes. How does one switch out a character's palettes? I tried doing it and was thoroughly confused, and a quick google search helped me none. Can anyone help unconfuse me?
Quack
#897  April 18, 2017, 04:18:20 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Are you trying to add a palette you made or just change the palettes to one already with the character?
#898  April 18, 2017, 04:20:13 am
  • Quack
Just trying to use the one the one's with the character. Satan has a bunch wxtra for example and I saw one I liked, and tried to add it, and failed. V:
Quack
#899  April 18, 2017, 04:41:05 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For every character besides Satan and Piccolo you do it in the .def. For those 2 chars you edit them in the config.txt
#900  April 18, 2017, 04:45:52 am
  • Quack
Okiedoke, thanks JNP!

Edit: it worked, so thanks again!
Quack
Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:58:30 am by theroyalrabite