YesNoOk

Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015 (Read 76261 times)

Started by Hien, May 26, 2015, 03:05:02 am
Share this topic:

HQ

Re: Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015
#81  May 31, 2015, 07:16:39 pm
@Balthazar
@Iced
@Daeron
@Diepod

Guys your expertise would be greatly appreciated here :) What do you guys think would be a fitting stance? Float Up and Down or Static? Leg Movement Yes or No? Finger Tapping? Any other ideas? Let's help Hien figure out that stance so he can move on to make the real progress
#82  May 31, 2015, 07:23:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
nothing excludes itself really, stances are more than just a few frames, they can have idles and everything, and the bits he doesnt use on stance can be used during motion forward or backward.

He can get gethits out of the way before even finishing stance as long as he has one frame done.
#83  May 31, 2015, 07:24:08 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Personally, I'd say have him float up and down a bit, nothing that's too far off the ground, and maybe on like the third or fourth loop of it, have him finger tap then, not having it as a constant thing. I think the leg movement makes him look less stiff, but at the same time could look a bit less "mobile" for lack of a better term.
#84  May 31, 2015, 07:56:07 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You're basically better off leaving him floating. Hien's stance with better transition frames on the folds and a bit of leg movement would be fine. I also agree with Project.13, a bit of up and down floating would give him more life, the edits you did to make him breathe look weird for the pose. Recall that Magneto although he floats doesn't look like he's breathing, but the arm movements are suffice to add a bit more life to him. Think about it.
This is a generic forum signature.
#85  May 31, 2015, 08:40:15 pm

This stance looks much better than before. The clothes and hair looked like they were moving on their own at first, now they look like they're moving due to inertia. His body moving up is pulling the hair up by its roots, etc.
HQ's stance is moving too much, I think. Vegito doesn't need to lean back to breathe.

I don't know enough about art to tell, but maybe the "jello pants" effect is because the wrinkles are staying constant? Or maybe the part of his pants that are stuffed into his boots should puff out slightly when he moves upward. He's only moving slightly, so I don't think the animation needs to be excessive.
#86  June 04, 2015, 06:53:39 pm
    • USA
Got some small progress, took so long to work on the Idle stance. I changed the pants of the idle stance IMO it looked a bit too puffy for me looking back at it. The idle animation is still incomplete but I'm going to move on and come back to it later. I gathered up about 40% ref animations to use to help me with the progress of Vegito.

Here I have the floating/walking forward, Don't mind the speed its meh.

Currently working on the floating/walking backward movement, he's going to be moving back while waving at his opponent. Similar to Shen Woo's walking back. I personally think this is fitting for Vegito it gives off his arrogant attitude.
#87  June 04, 2015, 07:32:09 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#88  June 04, 2015, 11:11:49 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The new idle doesn't looks bad, but it does feel oddly stiff, and has way too little amount of frames for the movement. Could certainly use more frames to look smoother. Here's a quick edit.

Shit
#89  June 04, 2015, 11:29:09 pm
    • USA
Good edit Motor, definitely using that when I touch the idle animation again.
#90  June 06, 2015, 10:32:18 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Big Question: Who's the programmer? If none, I'd love too. I've got some experience in replicating the style. :)
#91  June 06, 2015, 11:54:59 pm
  • Not for sale
Perhaps some subtle motion on the folds of his pants might give the proper feeling of floating, without being too much.
#92  June 07, 2015, 02:35:19 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The new idle doesn't looks bad, but it does feel oddly stiff, and has way too little amount of frames for the movement. Could certainly use more frames to look smoother. Here's a quick edit.

wow looks so good.

HQ

#93  June 09, 2015, 02:41:42 pm
#94  June 09, 2015, 09:11:13 pm
    • USA
Sorry for the lack of updates guys! I'll be competing at breakdance events this entire week so I won't have much time to sprite as much as I want but after I'll get back on track. Good news is I'm nearly halfway done with the get hit animations, figured these would be easier to get out the way and I can move on to something more exciting like his normal attacks.

Big Question: Who's the programmer? If none, I'd love too. I've got some experience in replicating the style. :)

No programmer so far, I haven't even thought of whose going to program Vegito but hey if you are up for it. I don't see why not, you made some good progress with what you had to work with for Trunks!

Progress looks good! Can't wait to see the Back Float + the GetHits :)
You can always take a quick look at Storm's or Superman's animations to see how floating characters could look like getting hit
http://infinitymugenteam.com/FrameSprites_MVC2.htm

Thanks, definitely used Storms get hits as an example so I'm nearly halfway done with them.
#95  June 10, 2015, 01:53:31 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Focusing on the gethits, huh? Smart. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#96  July 11, 2015, 10:10:57 am
    • USA
Huge update everyone! All basic get hits are finished!!! FINALLY, sorry for the lack of updates I focused solely on the get hit animations and they were sure damn boring as hell but I'm glad to finally move on to his normal attacks. Not exactly much to show or anything too exciting but future posts should have some good stuff.

These took me about a month to finish... but hey better late than never.
#97  July 11, 2015, 11:28:27 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Glad to hear an update on Vegito. Excited to see normal attacks and such now that get hits are done, I wish you luck with this

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#98  July 11, 2015, 01:03:09 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Happy to hear that you're still working on Vegeto, i'm curious to see how you do his normals but i'm pretty sure it will look great either way
#99  July 11, 2015, 01:20:49 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
ALL the gethits? Damn, you're a machine! We got a legit project everybody :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#100  July 17, 2015, 09:38:44 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
so can we see some of what Vegito would look like if he got beaten up? by that i mean can we see the gethits? like.. for the sake of seeing more Vegito Z2
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:02:24 pm by X-Sky-X