YesNoOk

IKEMEN Disscussion Thread (Read 660435 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, July 01, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
Share this topic:
IKEMEN Disscussion Thread
#1  July 01, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
    • USA
(In progress) Will finish later lol
So you'd like to try IKEMEN out would you? It's too complicated you say? No benefits to using it? Pulling your hair out trying to get it working? It's really not at all as difficult as it seems, though it may take a bit getting used to. Alright shall we get started? First we need to download the engine first right?

A quick google search will bring you here.. https://code.google.com/p/ikemen/downloads/list as you can see the last build was made "2013" This is a misconception here is the true wiki. https://osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage Here you'll find the newest 2015 build as well as the author's change-log(In Japanese though :/) Though he still visits this page(rarely) you can see updates made.(They have since moved to a new forum/wiki)

Let's take an in depth look.. When you first open your zip the main files you should see are as listed "I will go over each vaguely, enough to give you an idea of what it does"

"Data" This one should be familiar.. This is where you will place your life-bar files as per usual
"Replay" Whenever you play an online match IKEMEN will automatically record each fight so no need to record before hand :)
"Script" Here is where we will do most of our work. Within this folder lies the "main.lua", "select.lua", and your "system.sff"(More details later)
"Sound" Works exactly the same as before. Where you put all your music for stages.
"Stages" Same as above. You'll put your stages here.
"SSZ" This is where you can edit most of everything within the engine it self. Here you'll find the "config.ssz" which is essentially the true "options"

Frequently asked questions
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:30:14 am by TheFclass97
Re: IKEMEN Disscussion Thread
#2  July 01, 2015, 09:41:06 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
I suppose... I wonder who else has gone far with the engine...
#3  July 04, 2015, 06:38:14 pm
    • France
    • kamirosou@gmail.com
I made a JOJO'S IKEMEN for me and my cousin, it's still online, but i don't know if people would be interested on it...
#4  July 05, 2015, 05:56:42 am
    • USA
I made a JOJO'S IKEMEN for me and my cousin, it's still online, but i don't know if people would be interested on it...

Go ahead and post it. I'm sure there are those that would be. You are welcome to do whatever you please. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me personally via pm. I'd be happy to help.
#5  July 22, 2015, 09:52:14 am
    • USA
This light source code is really fun to use, although I need to get it working in combination with tatsu's code.
#6  August 02, 2015, 02:38:56 pm
    • USA
Alright so It's finally time I get around to it. I'm more so asking for someone else with better creative expertise to help us come up with a concept idea for what I have now deemed "Capcom Vs. Snk Universe". Generic yes, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd like to discuss them haha.

TheFclass97 has done much more in terms of editing the screenpack so I'd advise looking at their game for reference. As it covers much of what you need in the files. You can also pretty much just copy & paste code apparently. So in short it's not as complicated as we first thought.

There is also this tutorial Electro made for me.

Just trying to put some ideas on the table & so you can get a general idea of what is possible. Also hope to possibly inspire others to use this engine in it's greatness. Even if you don't use either of our projects we both in our own ways have expanded upon ikemen in general. A great deal of work has gone into both our works. Be sure to check out the projects in this thread though & if anyone hopes to start using this themselves feel free to ask any questions etc. One by one I've been eliminating issues we once thought were unavoidable. Screenpack & portrait makers this is where I need your help! lol
Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:43:40 pm by ShinRei
#7  August 02, 2015, 03:59:05 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Alright so It's finally time I get around to it. I'm more so asking for someone else with better creative expertise to help us come up with a concept idea for what I have now deemed "Capcom Vs. Snk Universe". Generic yes, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd like to discuss them haha.

TheFclass97 has done much more in terms of editing the screenpack so I'd advise looking at their game for reference. As it covers much of what you need in the files. You can also pretty much just copy & paste code apparently. So in short it's not as complicated as we first thought.

Just trying to put some ideas on the table & so you can get a general idea of what is possible. Also hope to possibly inspire others to use this engine in it's greatness. Even if you don't use either of our projects we both in our own ways have expanded upon ikemen in general. A great deal of work has gone into both our works. Be sure to check out the projects in this thread though & if anyone hopes to start using this themselves feel free to ask any questions etc. One by one I've been eliminating issues we once thought were unavoidable. Screenpack & portrait makers this is where I need your help! lol

So damn, it's like that? You could just idk, ask for the help of a screenpack rather than "copy paste." When I said that, I meant that the codes I put and did myself on the ikemen engine could work for future builds, and what I did was "copy and paste" some of the codes from my revival project screenpack to see if it was compatible (as well as the sprites cause you can't have a screenpack without sprites)... and it was. If you wanted, I could assist you in a screenpack and even other stuff (since I also do balancing/editing on chars and stuff like that)...

However, I do agree on expanding Ikemen's engine, since I myself thought stuff was impossible, and I never even knew jack shit on anything (I taught myself everything)... It's just a engine with tons of exploration in it, you just gotta work with it...

I'm just saying, I did a little bit more than just "editing" screenpacks, since I kinda made them (although with some done assets of some of the sprites of course).
#8  August 02, 2015, 05:45:19 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Let me ask you a few things Shinrei.. Is the IKEMAN pretty much like mugen 1.0 and only uses pcx sprites
or are png sprites compatible like in 1.1??
I ask this because have mad skills  :sunny: in the SP/Portrait department lol
Is the coding part any different from coding a screenpack in mugen??
I'll send you a beta of my WIP SP later today via PM once I upload a copy for you here are a few videos the videos are old but makes a point.
Like I mentioned to you over in Youtube I planned on converting my SP into a full game with characters that have the pots style and new art for the select/VS/Victory/ and Continue Screen. Enough talk.

Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:00:00 pm by HUNGRY WOLF
#9  August 02, 2015, 05:53:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Let me ask you a few things Shinrei.. Is the IKEMAN pretty much like mugen 1.0 and only uses pcx sprites
I'll send you a beta of my WIP SP later today via PM once I upload a copy for you here are a few videos the videos are old but makes a point.
Like I mentioned to you over in Youtube I planned on converting my SP into a full game with characters that have the pots style and new art for the select/VS/Victory/ and Continue Screen. Enough talk.

[youtube]1ezQMhXGCPU[/youtube]

updated option screen
[youtube]zt8VEyZ4u0k[/youtube]

Ikemen is a winmugen mod with the ability to use 1.0 and 1.1 assets. Also, PNG, BMP and PCX are usable.
#10  August 02, 2015, 06:02:25 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

updated option screen

Ikemen is a winmugen mod with the ability to use 1.0 and 1.1 assets. Also, PNG, BMP and PCX are usable.

Interesting.. I'm going to start messing with it.
Thanks  TheFclass97
#11  August 02, 2015, 06:19:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico

updated option screen

Interesting.. I'm going to start messing with it.
Thanks  TheFclass97

No prob....
#12  August 02, 2015, 09:02:57 pm
    • USA

So damn, it's like that? You could just idk, ask for the help of a screenpack rather than "copy paste." When I said that, I meant that the codes I put and did myself on the ikemen engine could work for future builds, and what I did was "copy and paste" some of the codes from my revival project screenpack to see if it was compatible (as well as the sprites cause you can't have a screenpack without sprites)... and it was. If you wanted, I could assist you in a screenpack and even other stuff (since I also do balancing/editing on chars and stuff like that)...

However, I do agree on expanding Ikemen's engine, since I myself thought stuff was impossible, and I never even knew jack shit on anything (I taught myself everything)... It's just a engine with tons of exploration in it, you just gotta work with it...

I'm just saying, I did a little bit more than just "editing" screenpacks, since I kinda made them (although with some done assets of some of the sprites of course).

That is what I was referring to... The code. You should have read that thoroughly. Doesn't mean that was "all" you did simply meant you went the extra mile with in. That was all in a positive context. 
#13  August 02, 2015, 10:59:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico

That is what I was referring to... The code. You should have read that thoroughly. Doesn't mean that was "all" you did simply meant you went the extra mile with in. That was all in a positive context. 

My b
#14  August 17, 2015, 03:36:47 pm
    • USA
So here is some progress.. Really been looking into "modes". Just been experimenting. Each mode has it's individual bgm which is cool. I've also made some minor adjustments to tatsu's tag system. Oh yeah, I must mention online tag is 1000% working no more debug keys. You can get a small taste of the roster which isn't final, but I'm content with it at the moment.

So I'm finally ready to start making a screen-pack for this. Main menu, Select screen, Network Mode screen etc, etc. Message me "ONLY" if you are serious & would like to help.

P.S

#15  August 17, 2015, 04:15:32 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well done mate. Just take your time.
#16  August 17, 2015, 04:49:41 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The roster looks complete man! Anything else would be considered DLC at this point.
#17  August 17, 2015, 04:55:22 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#18  August 17, 2015, 05:12:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So here is some progress.. Really been looking into "modes". Just been experimenting. Each mode has it's individual bgm which is cool. I've also made some minor adjustments to tatsu's tag system. Oh yeah, I must mention online tag is 1000% working no more debug keys. You can get a small taste of the roster which isn't final, but I'm content with it at the moment.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nSwah-70M&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
So I'm finally ready to start making a screen-pack for this. Main menu, Select screen, Network Mode screen etc, etc. Message me "ONLY" if you are serious & would like to help.

P.S

Not bad I suppose...I see that you've kinda cleaned up the look in a few spots. Also, as for the suggestions part, I was messing with a few things on varo_hades birdie (which I have seen in the select) and if you want, I can pm you what I did and maybe show a vid on what exactly I did messing with him, see if you're interested in it...
#19  August 17, 2015, 05:34:50 pm
    • USA
The roster looks complete man! Anything else would be considered DLC at this point.
You basically are looking at your DLC lol.

Dude you got brains or something because that's a great idea!
We def need to have a test session.  Trying to make everyone viable rather it be increasing their speed, startup, etc. I've been learning a lot as well so a lot of my older stuff have seen a lot of improvements.  Also guys.. How cool would it be to have... Tag-Team Supers? Exclusive.. Capcom Vs. Snk Universe... Let's go! LOL 

P.S

Not bad I suppose...I see that you've kinda cleaned up the look in a few spots. Also, as for the suggestions part, I was messing with a few things on varo_hades birdie (which I have seen in the select) and if you want, I can pm you what I did and maybe show a vid on what exactly I did messing with him, see if you're interested in it...

Let me tell ya. Making a screenpack has been that last thing on my mind, but it's the presentation :/. I'm more so into working on the characters & gameplay than cosmetics. In that sense I haven't changed much of anything I just added more music. Now I can really start coming up with concepts now that my roster size is closer to finalizing *cough* You can help me if you want in that department expert. Birdie huh.. Not a character I care for, but open to anything I suppose.
#20  August 18, 2015, 06:26:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
You basically are looking at your DLC lol.

Dude you got brains or something because that's a great idea!
We def need to have a test session.  Trying to make everyone viable rather it be increasing their speed, startup, etc. I've been learning a lot as well so a lot of my older stuff have seen a lot of improvements.  Also guys.. How cool would it be to have... Tag-Team Supers? Exclusive.. Capcom Vs. Snk Universe... Let's go! LOL 

P.S

Let me tell ya. Making a screenpack has been that last thing on my mind, but it's the presentation :/. I'm more so into working on the characters & gameplay than cosmetics. In that sense I haven't changed much of anything I just added more music. Now I can really start coming up with concepts now that my roster size is closer to finalizing *cough* You can help me if you want in that department expert. Birdie huh.. Not a character I care for, but open to anything I suppose.

So have I in fact lol.... there's more I have been doing than just screenplays myself, just haven't had a chance to show changes due to my net issues... no need to be defensive there... jk but in all seriousness, sure. Just pm me on what you would like or whatever, and I'll try to get to it. As for birdie, I was just assuming since he's in the roster anyways, if you wanted some help or something... demonstrate also changes I made to the char that can make him more "interesting..." I'll tell you soon, since my net is giving me problems to the point uploading is a bitch.