YesNoOk

Optional Animation Standards (Read 600263 times)

Started by Jmorphman, February 16, 2012, 03:40:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Optional Animation Standards
#141  August 01, 2023, 11:33:43 pm
    • USA
About these, with the bisection fatality animations one can use the same standards as Darkstalkers/Clayfighter with Bishamon by B-Kun for more compatibility with other characters and to keep the animation list short. The decapitation standards are pretty valid though, as is the torso held as trophy standard. I’ve also started to wonder if SamSho standards exist for the fatalities from those games?

Also you can use MKT sprites for 7696 (shocked), as well as Survival Arts having sprites for 88500 (Burning) for digitized characters like Cage there.

About the normal/special reactions, those are pretty valid, but MK also has a sweep/trip standard also used in SF2. The fatalities a bit less so,  one can use 7780 (the Sangue=Passare standard) for Kitana and Shang’s fatalities.
Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 11:38:42 pm by Miru962
#142  March 05, 2024, 02:14:25 am
    • USA
Gearing up to release my MK2 Cage, I noticed the existing Mortal Kombat standards are both incomplete, and a little inflexible. I made this system using anims 57600-57699 for special move reactions, 57700-57799 for MK2 Fatality Reactions, 57800-57899 for MK3 Fatality Reactions and 57900-57999 for other assorted reactions. I know that sounds like a lot but these games have a TON of custom anims. Afaik these anim numbers aren't used for anything else.

These are the ones Cage actually uses:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

These are anims used by other MK characters for their fatalities and special moves. Cage doesn't actually use these so I'm just proposing some standards here:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

In addition, Cage also uses:

5180 = Stumble backwards. One of the lists on the 1st page says 5180 is the number to use for this but doesn't provide any specific examples. Is this widespread enough that characters won't be using it for anything else?

Didn't Juano16 and Mike Obrecht already have animation numbers for these? I shared a download file for Juano16's fatality compatibility numbers and Mike Obrecht's MK characters have a readme with the animation numbers for his MK fatalities.
#143  March 10, 2024, 02:06:51 pm
    • Portugal
Didn't Juano16 and Mike Obrecht already have animation numbers for these? I shared a download file for Juano16's fatality compatibility numbers and Mike Obrecht's MK characters have a readme with the animation numbers for his MK fatalities.

Could you send that file my way? I haven't been able to find much on Juano16's standards. I already added some support for Obrecht's ones for the next update (Cage will check for them if there's no 57700 ones). I made these new standards to be both more flexible and more accurate to the source games. A lot of the pre-existing standards combine things that really should be separate anims into one.

About these, with the bisection fatality animations one can use the same standards as Darkstalkers/Clayfighter with Bishamon by B-Kun for more compatibility with other characters and to keep the animation list short. The decapitation standards are pretty valid though, as is the torso held as trophy standard. I’ve also started to wonder if SamSho standards exist for the fatalities from those games?

Also you can use MKT sprites for 7696 (shocked), as well as Survival Arts having sprites for 88500 (Burning) for digitized characters like Cage there.

About the normal/special reactions, those are pretty valid, but MK also has a sweep/trip standard also used in SF2. The fatalities a bit less so,  one can use 7780 (the Sangue=Passare standard) for Kitana and Shang’s fatalities.

Yeah you could probably make do with darkstalkers anims for the bisection, and I've already coded some support for it for the next update similar to Obrecht's. Sangue=Passare would look weird for the Kitana/Shang ones, and might not work very well depending on how the anims are set up. If the focus is on keeping the list short, 57800-57822 (the mk3 paperdolls) could be combined into the MK2 anims somehow (does anyone like the MK3 fatalities anyways?). I haven't meticulously gone through every single fatality in the games, so a lot of the ones Cage doesn't use were guesses as to how they would actually work in MUGEN; probably some of them could be combined or split. What is the SF2 sweep standard?

Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 02:21:34 pm by SaltAddict