YesNoOk

Ruby Rose v1.12 + Yang Xiao Long v1.21 (Read 207012 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 30, 2018, 08:15:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ruby Rose v1.03 + Yang Xiao Long v1.08
#81  September 25, 2018, 10:18:12 pm
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius

Do you mind telling me why, exactly, it looks like she's fully invincible on top of being obnoxiously hard to hit even without that invul?
Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:26:16 pm by Himeragi Yukina
#82  September 25, 2018, 10:29:26 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
In preparation for Ragna's release, both Ruby and Yang have been updated, so go ahead and redownload them.

Ruby:
- Added special intro with Ragna (Soon to be released)
- Ruby can now rapid cancel Rifle Shot, Sy-pod Shot, and EX Buzzsaw after the projectile has made contact with the opponent
- Fixed an issue that prevented special intros from playing during turns mode
- Reduced the proration on Petal Dance
- Made some adjustments to the damage dampener
- Adjusted the hitboxes for some of the grounded normals, so that they won't hit the opponent from behind

Yang:
- Yang can now rapid cancel fire cracker and EX fire cracker after the projectile has made contact with the opponent
- Fixed a bug that caused fire cracker to wiff at close range against certain characters
- Fixed an issue that prevented special intros from playing during turns mode
- Slightly reduced the proration on Unrelenting Fire
- Increased the cool down time after hitting with the running grab
- Made some adjustments to the damage dampener

Unfortunately, this means that the AI patches are outdated, and applying them as they are now may cause some problems. I have already notified Holn about this, so hopefully he will have the patches updated soon. I'll make a post about it here when he does.

Do you mind telling me why, exactly, it looks like she's fully invincible on top of being obnoxiously hard to hit?

She becomes fully vulnerable after the red hitbox disappears. I made it this way to make up for the fact that the move is very unsafe on block.
#83  September 25, 2018, 10:39:01 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
YYYYEEEESSS!!! thats hella good I'll make more palettes for Ragna!!!
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#84  September 25, 2018, 10:39:23 pm
  • God Slayer
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius

This same overhead beats a super, and based on someone else's experiences with her, it broke a counter, too.
#85  September 25, 2018, 10:40:03 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#86  September 25, 2018, 10:53:08 pm
    • USA
This same overhead beats a super, and based on someone else's experiences with her, it broke a counter, too.

I personally think its fine the way it is, I love seeing crazy stuff like this happen.

However, if you think she shouldn't be invulnerable during that move, then go into yang's folder, open up yang.cns with the text editor of your choice and scroll down until you find this:
Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Statedef 230]
type    = S
movetype= A
physics = S
juggle  = 5
poweradd= 35
ctrl = 0
velset = 0,0
anim = 230
sprpriority = 2

[State 1, ]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 230, 0+random%3
channel = 0

[State 240, 3]
type = nothitby
trigger1 = time < 24
value = SCA

then delete this:
Code:
[State 240, 3]
type = nothitby
trigger1 = time < 24
value = SCA

Which one?

First one in the second row.

Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:38:49 pm by OHMSBY
#87  September 25, 2018, 11:48:09 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

I personally think its fine the way it is, I love seeing crazy stuff like this happen.

However, if you think she shouldn't be invulnerable during that move, then go into yang's folder, open up yang.cns with the text editor of your choice and scroll down until you find this:
I strongly advice against doing this. The move already has a (questionable) large hitbox as is and making her invincible during it is overkill even if the move is unsafe on block. It means I can't even punish her with a DP or invincible super early.
#88  September 26, 2018, 12:02:47 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Personally, I don't think Yang's Semblance should literally turn off her damage scaling even if it's just a temporary thing. Boosted damage would be a more sound way to go and that's actually pretty easy to do. Just have a targetlifeadd in statedef -3 that subtracts a % of life based on damage already delivered that only occurs whenever Semblance is on.
#89  September 26, 2018, 12:11:12 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Why are you trying to punish her with a DP or super anyway?  DPs and supers are made for reversal/defensive purposes, not punish purposes.  Dash up to her and start a punish combo with a normal.
#90  September 26, 2018, 12:42:15 am
  • God Slayer
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
One, I only did that to express the utter ludicrousness of the invul on that overhead.

Two, overheads shouldn't have that kind of invul slapped onto it in the first place. It should be at least possible to poke her out of it before it even starts, and since she's airborne, it's a free combo for characters using newer-gen mechanics.
#91  September 26, 2018, 12:43:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
Why are you trying to punish her with a DP or super anyway?  DPs and supers are made for reversal/defensive purposes, not punish purposes.  Dash up to her and start a punish combo with a normal.

I'm not dashing toward that huge hitbox.
#92  September 26, 2018, 01:34:40 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Unfortunately, this means that the AI patches are outdated, and applying them as they are now may cause some problems. I have already notified Holn about this, so hopefully he will have the patches updated soon. I'll make a post about it here when he does.

I hope the update also fixes Ruby doing her super for free, because it turns I wasn't imagining it after all and her AI can really do Petal Dance even if she has less than 1000 power.  Don't know if this also applies to her other supers, I really can't decipher holn's AI coding.
#93  September 26, 2018, 02:05:41 am
    • USA
overheads shouldn't have that kind of invul slapped onto it in the first place. It should be at least possible to poke her out of it before it even starts, and since she's airborne, it's a free combo for characters using newer-gen mechanics.

Fair enough.

I hope the update also fixes Ruby doing her super for free, because it turns I wasn't imagining it after all and her AI can really do Petal Dance even if she has less than 1000 power.  Don't know if this also applies to her other supers, I really can't decipher holn's AI coding.

After watching a few videos of the AI Patch in action, I've noticed this too. I just sent Holn a message letting him know about this.
#94  September 26, 2018, 03:30:47 pm
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com

and that is why you fail LUL I personally have no trouble fighting her at all and im using balanced characters. Not to be offensive but I feel like this is a "git gud situation"
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#95  September 26, 2018, 04:37:12 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#96  September 26, 2018, 07:53:36 pm
    • Puerto Rico

and that is why you fail LUL I personally have no trouble fighting her at all and im using balanced characters. Not to be offensive but I feel like this is a "git gud situation"
No, this is a "be wary of situational awareness situation".
#97  September 26, 2018, 08:38:55 pm
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com

I will put it this way, if you dont rush Yang, Yang rushes you. thats the type of character she is. I know because I played with her and against her enough to figure that out. She can get to you QUICKLY so there is no being wary around Yang you either read her, or you dont
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#98  September 26, 2018, 09:04:26 pm
    • USA

I will put it this way, if you dont rush Yang, Yang rushes you. thats the type of character she is. I know because I played with her and against her enough to figure that out. She can get to you QUICKLY so there is no being wary around Yang you either read her, or you dont

If you two are going to continue going back and fourth at each others throats, please do it through PM, please. Lets not clutter the topic with pointless BS.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#99  September 26, 2018, 10:33:33 pm
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:03:03 pm by bass30655
#100  September 29, 2018, 03:45:37 am
  • God Slayer
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org