YesNoOk

Your input into KOFE (Read 195725 times)

Started by swipergod, October 08, 2015, 05:36:46 am
Share this topic:
Re: Your input into KOFE
#61  October 08, 2016, 09:33:24 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Give Andy his actual fireballs. He always feels off with those blasts.

ExL

#62  October 08, 2016, 10:16:49 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Don't know what's better, like both... Maybe leave heavy version to blast and light version make fireball as a compromise?
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#63  October 08, 2016, 10:22:27 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Hmmm, I actually like that idea, make the blast hit harder too perhaps?
#64  October 09, 2016, 03:05:50 am
  • Anger takes care of situations even if you murder!
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA

I thought it was a good projectile trap since it didn't advance as a regular projectile, but sat there. I mean his little liquid shards from NGBC was good, but I rather this projectile.

The projectile even worked for such when someone tried to get close into Neo Dio and the projectile was in the way while he was about to do his QCF + P which he does his HP version of his attack (the bladed dash move).
Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:09:14 am by Shin Neanderthal
#65  October 09, 2016, 03:20:37 am
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA
So as was hinted at in the 1.0 topic, I have an interest in providing alternate "skins" for a few characters. But this would be post 1.0. So far what I'm thinking is:

Geese - Nightmare Geese (Ambasa)
Rugal - Omgea Rugal (Ahuron)
Benimaru '99 - Benimaru '03
Robert '99 - Robert '03
Athena (Ecchi) - Athena '98
King '99 - King '97
Ryuji '03 - Ryuji '97
Iori - Iori XII
Kyo '99 - Kyo '98
Mr. Karate - Takuma

I'd also be interested in doing a Big Bear version of Raiden and Blue Mary RB style, but those sprites don't exist, so it'd have to be a commission...

The gameplay wouldn't change at all, it would just be a different look. Anyway, all this to say is I'm just trying to figure out what the base Geese would be for 1.0 release. Melcore is correct that you can just save the current version of Geese and override him. He'll be gaining a new special intro with Tung that he doesn't currently have and will need the tag coding that I'll be developing for KOFE, but I can always release Classic Geese and Iori (since he's also complete) as "boosters" that you can swap out. Thoughts?

Why not Kyo XII and XIII. I seen a conversion of it using his KOF XI sprites, plus they gave him the Nest Kyo's NeoMax which was cool in my book. I think I have to find the creator. And then what about Ryo and just have another version of him, his Mr. Karate 2nd version.

And then there is Billy. I would use another one of him too since there were versions were he had only his few moves from KOF and then his Real Bout version too.

How about another version of King from her XIII version. I played a King of Fighters Wing 2.0.1 and that King is well done. She is in her KOF XIII clothing using her King of Fighters 1999 sprite which was very intriguing.

With King KOF 99, give her the move set she has in KOF 99, but with King XIII, give her the KOF XIII move set. Her NeoMax for KOF 99 should be her LDM from KOF 2003 while her NeoMax for the KOF XIII version of King should be that Venom Strike air move she does (gee, I forgot the name of it).
#66  October 09, 2016, 03:34:12 am
  • Raging Fist
From what I recall, there are a NUMBER of different costumes/movesets for certain characters, a majority of them i have in my roster and is slowly growing thanks to the "HLoader NEMESIS Character Select Concept".
as far as RB Blue Mary is going, there IS one
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mary-kofrbs-por-belial-clayton-release-176104.0.html
She was made in Fatal fury taste AND RB! Now atm I'm just wondering whether or not there would be Mai Shiranui in an alternate mode.
#67  October 09, 2016, 06:56:21 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Sorry folks, that statement's a bit old. There won't be alternate costumes in the game as I've since decided to add characters like the SF characters, Kusanagi and Hanzo. I just don't have the time and new characters are more interesting than new costumes. Note that Kyo's Ash Saga look is being used for Kusanagi.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#68  October 12, 2016, 04:36:13 am
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA
Sorry folks, that statement's a bit old. There won't be alternate costumes in the game as I've since decided to add characters like the SF characters, Kusanagi and Hanzo. I just don't have the time and new characters are more interesting than new costumes. Note that Kyo's Ash Saga look is being used for Kusanagi.

I didn't want to bring this up on the page or boards, but I saw Cammy on the roster list in your site. I was curious since you are using Delta Red version, try to use a Hooligan Combo DM for her since all I know was unlike Shadoloo Cammy, Delta Red Cammy had one DM which was the Spinning Drive Smasher. I guess with that you can do a Vega/Balrog and give her a Hooligan Combo DM where the first one with 360 + P and then P has Cammy grab them and do a Vice type DM (the leg grab move she had; forgot the name of it) or a 360 + P and then K where Cammy grabs, but this time pops them up in the air and does a vertical spiral arrow and finishes it with a axe kick like move. Then 360 + P and then P+K would be a sweet one where it brings back her Killer Bee Assault but more tempered since that version of Cammy is not a Shadoloo member.

I seen a Cammy where she was in Delta Red and still summoned Bison/Vega which is silly since Delta Red Cammy had regained her memory and has a hatred for Bison/Vega.

So basically I don't know. I smiled seeing Cammy on there, but ummm, that will be hard work on your end or whoever is making her. So I wish you luck big time. I will try out KOFE in the meantime, but good luck.
Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:39:23 am by Shin Neanderthal
#69  October 12, 2016, 04:42:35 am
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA
Gameplay: 98
Visuals: Nests

Robert 2003 with KOF XIV outfit would play similar to KOF XIII (since his KOF XIII was close to his KOF 1995 and 1996 style). He did have his Kohou rising fist in KOF 1996 I believe before they ditched it for his flash kick or corny version of Benimaru's flip.
#70  October 12, 2016, 01:06:58 pm
Cammy's moveset is easy and is already locked in. :) I'll post it in the shoto bonanza topic. Robert has already been completed and already has a full moveset that can be played in the latest version of the game. The only thing I was asking here was whether or not I should change the look. There was never a topic discussing changing his moveset.

#71  October 12, 2016, 11:49:58 pm
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA
Cammy's moveset is easy and is already locked in. :) I'll post it in the shoto bonanza topic. Robert has already been completed and already has a full moveset that can be played in the latest version of the game. The only thing I was asking here was whether or not I should change the look. There was never a topic discussing changing his moveset.

Oh ok. I was telling that guy. But yeah, I like his 2003 with the separation palette into his KOF XIV look.

As for Cammy. I can't wait to see this in the Shoto Bonanza topic. Delta Red was always my favorite.
#72  October 13, 2016, 03:00:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

ExL

#73  October 13, 2016, 07:05:58 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Always had blasts in those KoF games, but not in FF. I like how he does LP version fullscreen weak projectile and HP version blast in RBFF, would be a good compromise. Personally I will miss blasts if they gone completely in favor of fullscreen projectiles.
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#74  October 16, 2016, 04:24:42 pm
I'm personally not a fan of the SVC Chun Li approach. I've given him the long range fireball just to mix things up. The original blast code is still there though. I've been playing long range a few times now and I like the increased area control it gives him. It's slower than most fireball and can't hit low fireballs. A nice change of pace.

Pin

#75  October 17, 2016, 04:03:53 pm
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Is there any chance for some bosses on the ash saga(maybe mukai) will appear as playable? so that they doesn't feel alone for these ash saga characters that they have some bosses. i think.. just a suggestion
#76  October 22, 2016, 12:27:58 am
  • To be continued!!!
    • USA
Is there any chance for some bosses on the ash saga(maybe mukai) will appear as playable? so that they doesn't feel alone for these ash saga characters that they have some bosses. i think.. just a suggestion

Like Magaki from KOF Wing!
#77  February 14, 2017, 03:47:34 am
So here's the next change up. I'm leaning towards yes, but what are your thoughts?

Ryo AOF2 vs Ryo AOF

#78  February 14, 2017, 03:48:50 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Ryo AOF2
#79  February 14, 2017, 04:13:25 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
AOF2
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#80  February 14, 2017, 04:15:22 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The extra costume details actually make looking at that idle worth it, so AOF2.
This is a generic forum signature.